Beat it

There's a kind of stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                              Beat it 📻

As soon as the big rock hit the land, it broke into a million of pieces. 

Near there, a girl was curled up. Little pieces of rock were stuck on her skin. She was not bleeding. She was not hurt. She was shining.  She was just lying down there. 

Suddenly her eyes opened. 

That was not home. 

 

                                      ° ° ° 

 

Jeongyeon was eating breakfast when Michael Jackson's Beat it was interrupted by the radio announcer.

 

"Good morning! We are sorry for interrupted this song, but we just got this news. Yesterday night our planet was hit by a rock. People think it might be a meteor. It landed near here, but don't worry about it. It broke into little pieces so, the material was not really dangerous. No reports about deaths. Fortunately, it landed on the wasteland so there's no reason to worry about it. Let's continue with our song." 

 

"Ain't that near here? The wasteland?" Seungyeon said with the pan in her hand. 

 

"Yeah, yesterday the lights went off and we saw something there. I think it really was near here"  Jeongyeon said with full of rice. 

 

"Oh... Jeongyeon, please don't do that. And I know you want to go there, so here's my point of view and I will not say it again. You. Better. Not. Go. Near. There. Alright??"

"Do you really think I'm that stupid??" Jeongyeon said as she was drinking water. " Wow, you really don't know me!"

"Jeongyeon..."

"Oh!! It's time to go! See you!" Jeongyeon slapped softly Seungyeon's back. 

 

                                     ° ° ° 

"How did you sleep?" Nayeon said as she was approaching Jeongyeon. 

"Really well, why?" Jeongyeon said while putting her skateboard on the floor. 

"I don't know... Well, after that rock landed near here, I'm a little bit worried."

"Wow, Im Nayeon is scared of a rock??" Jeongyeon laughed. "Don't be. After all, I live next to you, you only need to shout my name and I will be kicking that rock's ." Jeongyeon gave a kick to the air. 

Nayeon smiled. 

"Anyway, you should buy a skateboard or a bicycle. Skating while I follow your steps is getting quite boring."

 

Nayeon's smile disappeared. 

 

                                  ° ° ° 

 

"It was awesome!"  Chaeyoung lift her arms. 

 

"Yeah, but Nayeon didn't let me go," Jeongyeon said glancing at her. 

 

They were waiting outside the classroom. Nayeon was talking to Jihyo, the smartest girl in the hometown, so she was not hearing anything.

 

"Chaeyoung? Where's Chaeyoung?" a girl with black hair, pretty eyes, and a cute voice was asking all the people there. 

 

"Oh no, here comes your sister," Jeongyeon said opening a book and pretending to read it. 

 

"Oh, you are there."  Sana approached her followed by a girl with light brown hair. "Mom told me to give you this. You forgot your food, nerdy bean."

 

"Stop calling me nerdy bean here, you Shiba inu face." Chaeyoung said taking the paper bag. 

 

Jeongyeon let a laugh escape from . 

 

"Oh, Jeongyeonie is also here?" Sana said eyeing her cutely. 

 

Damn Jeongyeon thought

 

"Hi there, Sana." Jeongyeon said politely. Well, she the best she could. 

 

"Did you bring your lunch? I can give you this one in case you didn't."  Sana said taking the bag from Chaeyoung's hand. 

 

"Hey!" 

 

"oh, yes i did,"  Jeongyeon said embarrassed. 

 

"Okay, but ..." 

 

jeongyeon stopped looking at Sana. All of the sudden the only thing she can heard in her mind was one of those cheesy songs Nayeon used to listen to. 

 

How couldn't she when the glorious Kim Jiyeon was walking near to her? 

 

"I heard she only dates Chinese girls." Sana said to Jeongyeon shaking her head and looking at Jiyeon.

 

"Ah..." Sana sighed " It's sad, right Jeongyeonie? Anyway, come on, Momo. Let's go inside. Bye, Jeongyeonie. Bye, lil bean." 

 

Sana started to walk but she didn't notice Momo was not following her. 

Momo was looking at someone. 

Momo was looking at Nayeon. 

"Momo?! Come on!"  Sana hurried her.

"Oh, yes! Bye, Nayeon!" Momo said with a big smile and lifting a bit her glasses. 

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung started to laugh at Nayeon, who with an annoyed face went to class.  

                                  ° ° ° 

"Oh! She's right there!" a big guy started to walk to Nayeon

Im Jaebum was the most popular guy in the hometown. He was one of those guys every person hate but no one have the courage to put him in his place. 

He walked towards Nayeon wearing his washed jean vest and fingerless gloves.

"What do you want, Jaebum?" Nayeon said closing her locker. 

"Well, nothing less than a date with you" he said winking. Well, more like blinking. 

"I won't, you hear me?" Nayeon said again rolling her eyes. 

"What? Did you just say no?" his eyes narrowed.

"Hey, Jaebum, did you lost yourego or what are you doing here?" Jeongyeon said as she arrived. 

"Oh! Look who is already here!" Jaebum started to laugh with his team. "The one and the only Jeongyeon! And who is also here? Chaeyoung the dwarf!"

"Jeongyeon, please no" Nayeon whispered.  

"Well, at least we are not Peg-Leg Pete, right, Chaeyoung?"  Jeongyeon said crossing her arms and putting Nayeon behind of her. 

Chaeyoung nodded and she walked next to Jeongyeon. 

Jackson started to laugh but stopped when he received a slap from Jaebum. 

"I see, well you won't care if i do this right?" Jaebum took Nayeon's notebook off and he broke them in two. 

 

"Hey!" Jeongyeon pushed him. 

But as everybody notice it, they started to shout. 

"It's not over, Yoo. Let's go"  Jaebum said cleaning his jacket and giving a sign to the other guy next to him Jackson.  

                              ° ° ° 

"You can borrow  my notes if you want" Jeongyeon said. 

The three girls were on her way home. 

"It's totally okay, Yoo Jeongyeon. It was a new notebook anyway."  Nayeon said walking slowly. 

 

"I can't believe you pushed Jaebum as if here were a piece of paper! "  Chaeyoung said laughing. "You are awesome."

 

"Well, he deserved it, didn't he, Nayeon? " Jeongyeon frowned and took a glance to her friend. 

"Yeah, but you shouldn't have done that. "Nayeon said. " I can protect myself just fine. Stop here, i want to walk home alone" 

They stopped in front of Chaeyoung's house. 

"But... "

"Just let her go, Jeong. You know she gets scared easily and well, she's scarier when she's mad." Chaeyoung said parking her bicycle. " Come on, let's watch the Star Wars marathon, it's about to start."

 

° ° ° 


"I can take you home if you want" Sana said. 

 

"And how are you gonna do that?" Chaeyoung said. " The last time dad gave you a bicycle it ended in the cope of a tree!"

"That was Momo's fault."  Sana said rolling her eyes. " I can borrow Chaeyoung's."

"Oh, no, uhm... I brought my skateboard, see?. It's totally okay." 

"Well, if you say so. " Sana said. " Bye, then." 

"Bye, guys."

 

Sana and Chae heard the sound of the wheels getting lose in the road. 

 

"Stop flirting with my friend," Chaeyoung said while crossing her arms. 

 

"I'm not flirting. I'm just being friendly. Maybe you should try someday and you  stop having only two friends."  Sana said with an eye smile and went upstairs. 

 

"Maybe you should try"  Chaeyoung mocked her. "Dumb"

 

° ° ° 

 

The road was darker than other nights. 

 

Fortunately, Jeongyeon arrived home on time. 

 

"Maybe i should call Nayeon." Jeongyeon said while she tried to open her door.  

 

But suddenly, she heard something in the backyard. 

 

She frowned. It must be the air. She shrugged it off and went inside. Seungyeon was not at home. She was in a bussiness trip. 

Jeongyeon glanced at Nayeon's window. 

 

"Tomorrow i will talk with her"  

 

° ° ° 

 

Jeongyeon went downstairs in order to cook something, of course she did not know how to, but hey, she can try, right? 

 

"Please don't burn down the house" the note was left by Seungyeon. 

 

Well, at least she had the intention. 

 

"I will go to Nayeon's house. Maybe i will stay there." After all, being alone by herself was not the best option 

 

She took her jacket and went outside. 

 

But suddenly she heard something.

 

The backyard. 

 

She frowned and with her hands inside her pocket went to the place. She did not see anything, as much as she tried to. 

Wait. There's something. 

She tried to get closer but all she could saw was dust.

 

But we cleaned the backyard on Monday? Jeongyeon thought. 

 

Suddenly, she felt something touching her back. Slowly, she turned around to see what was touching her. 

 

What

In 

Sam 

Hill

 

She fell on her back and tried to cover herself, but she didn't feel anything. She looked again at the thing. 

 

In front of her, was something.

 

Oh, it's a girl.

 

But...  God, she's ! 

 

Jeongyeon covered her eyes and stood up. 

 

"What the hell are you doing??" Jeongyeon said. 

 

There was not answer. 

 

The girl just looked at her. 

 

"You don't speak?"  Jeongyeon asked her as she was fixing her glasses. 

 

Again. There was not ans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter