A God's Reassurance

A God's Weapon

 

 

Taehyung’s popularity seems to be rising. A lot of gods came to the shrine to ask for his help. Technically, Taehyung didn’t belong to Jungkook since they didn’t have a contract, so they were some gods who offered full-time weapon contract. To be on the safe side, Taehyung would only allow part-time contracts because he wanted to make sure that he would be back in Jungkook’s shrine by the end of the day.

 

At first, Taehyung found it fun and exciting to be serving other gods and learning knew things. But as time passed by, he noticed that he and Jungkook were spending less time with each other. They barely saw or talked to each other for the past month. It wasn’t just because Taehyung was temporarily serving or helping out other gods, but it also seemed like Jungkook was distancing himself.

 

In the morning, Jungkook would either do very early deliveries and healing or wake up very late. Taehyung never dared to disturb Jungkook’s sleep, so he would have to eat breakfast alone and then either make medicine or do deliveries himself. If another god asks for help, he would help out too. At night, Jungkook would either be sleeping early or still doing late night deliveries and healing. The only day they can seem to be together is Sunday which is usually a day off for gods and weapons. But even on Sunday, Jungkook would work at least half of the day.

 

“The Fire god asked if he could borrow me for a week,” Taehyung told Jungkook who was currently putting on his shoes because he was about to go out to heal some humans.

 

Some gods would ask Jungkook themselves if they could borrow Taehyung and some gods would directly ask Taehyung. Either way, Jungkook would always give out his permission. “Okay.”

 

“I already told him no,”

 

Jungkook was surprised to hear that Taehyung refused to help The Fire god. “Why not? The Fire god is known to have a lot of powerful weapons. You’ll learn a lot and maybe even be able to transform under his care.”

 

“Why is it so easy for you to let the other gods borrow me? Lately you just.... don’t seem to care about me anymore,” Taehyung didn’t like how things were between them, so he wanted to confront Jungkook. “By the end of the day, I always come back to you, but you’re not around to welcome me home. When I’m the one to welcome you home, you barely acknowledge my presence. I thought you wished for us to live together for a long time, but why are we like this?”

 

“It’s not easy. I get jealous all the time,” Jungkook admitted. “But I thought it’s good for you to learn a lot of new things and to know that you have a lot of options. I don’t want you to choose me just because you think I’m the only god who will accept you for not being able to transform. When I first got my previous weapon, he wasn’t able to transform. He got into a contract with me thinking that I was probably the only god who will accept him. By the time he was able to transform, he became greedier for power and knowledge. I wouldn’t allow him to be borrowed by other gods and I refused to terminate the contract. The main reason he committed suicide was because I was selfish. If I just allowed him to make his own choices, then maybe he wouldn’t have that injury. I’m not sure if he committed suicide because of depression or revenge or both. That’s why right now I just want you to have more freedom without the contract so that if you decide to serve another god in the future, then I won’t be able to stop you. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings for acting the way I did.”

 

Taehyung felt better after knowing that Jungkook was just trying to be selfless and be more considerate towards him so that the past won’t repeat itself. It was perhaps time to tell Jungkook the very important decision he made in his life. “Jungkook, remember when we first met? I told you that I’m not desperate enough to serve a god without a contract. I never thought of you as my only option. I want you to know that I’ve already made up my mind on serving you for the rest of my life with or without contract as long as you just reassure me that you do want me to be your weapon because at the moment, it feels like you’re pushing me away, so I’m not sure what to do either.”

 

Jungkook had been too preoccupied on trying not to make the past repeat itself that he almost forgot that Taehyung was different from his previous weapon. The only similarity they had was that they were unable to transform into a weapon when they first met, but in terms of personality and skills, they were completely different. “I’m not gonna let other gods borrow you for the rest of this month or maybe even for the rest of this year unless it’s a really emergency situation. Does that sound reassuring enough for you?”

 

“That does sound reassuring, but I don’t feel reassured enough yet.” Taehyung pointed out. He wasn’t sure himself what he wanted to hear from the healing god, but it was a good start.

 

“Then what about I just show you,” Jungkook closed the gap between their bodies and their lips. The god had been avoiding the weapon over the past few days, so the god did all that he could to be close to his weapon right now. “That was my first kiss. That’s how much you mean to me and so much more.”

 

“So much more? Does that mean more kissing?” Taehyung asked teasingly. “I do need more reassurance.” He said, but this time, it was obvious that he was merely teasing the other. The god’s feelings through the kiss definitely reassured him that he was wanted as a weapon and so much more.

 

“I’ll give you reassurance everyday,” Jungkook blushed at his own statement but nevertheless, he gave his weapon another kiss.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*To Be Continued...

A/N: I think the next chapter will be the last chapter. It will mean so much to me if you could comment on how you feel about this fic or offer some suggestions. I haven't written the last chapter yet because I have two scenarios in mind that I'm still deciding which one I should write one. Of course, I'm also wondering what Taehyung's transformation will be or maybe he won't transform at all? Hmm...