Chosen

A God's Weapon

Taehyung was training to be a god's weapon, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't transform himself into a weapon. He watched in envy as the others transform into different types of weapons from clubs to whips to swords to guns and so much more. One by one, the others would get chosen to be a god's weapon. Eventually, all of them would be chosen leaving Taehyung behind. Then a new batch would come along to train and Taehyung would be with them only to fail himself again.

 

"I don't want to be a god's weapon anymore," Taehyung told his new friend, Jin. "Your group is the 10th batch of trainees that I've been with which means I've been training 10 times more than all of you guys here and yet I still couldn't get myself to transform into a weapon. The teacher says there's no way they would mistake someone with a potential to be a god's weapon, but everything has an exception, right? Maybe I'm the first mistake."

 

"Hmm... maybe you're meant to be a teacher instead," Jin suggested.

 

"What kind of teacher would I be if I can't transform myself into a weapon?" Taehyung sighed in frustration.

 

"You have a lot of spiritual energy, Taehyung, and like the teacher said, they never make a mistake. You might be an exception, but I don't think you're a mistake. You're probably an exception only because you take so long to transform! Maybe you'll learn to transform when you're serving a god," Jin gave out a positive outlook.

 

Taehyung appreciated the gesture, but he couldn't bring himself to be positive, not since the 3rd batch of training. They say that the third time's the charm, but since nothing happened to Taehyung, he stopped believing in that saying and threw away his positivity. "No god will choose someone who can't transform into a weapon."

 

On the graduation day of the 10th batch, Taehyung was the only one left standing in the room. He already expected that this would happen. Come tomorrow, he will greet the new faces of the 11th batch and train again. Taehyung, don't leave yet. There's still one more god coming," The teacher said with a hopeful smile.

 

"I doubt he would be happy to meet someone who can't transform himself into a weapon." Taehyung just wanted to get this graduation day over with. He just wanted to sleep his sorrows away. Why the heck would a god be so late anyway?

 

Then the god finally stepped inside the room. "I'm sorry I'm late," The apology was the first thing he said.

 

"It's fine. However, there is only one weapon left. His name is Taehyung, and he is unable to transform into a weapon. However, I'm sure he can still be helpful to you in some other ways, just not in terms of fighting."

 

Taehyung heard the same type of explanation whenever the teacher talked to a god. The teacher always sounded hopeful, and whenever the god would decline, the teacher would always say "Maybe next time," and pat Taehyung's back to comfort him. Taehyung knew the routine all too well already.

 

"Will you serve me without a contract?" The god asked.

 

It's rare for a god to not have any contract with a weapon especially if the weapon is a valuable one because that would mean other gods can make that weapon their own. Even when you need to borrow another god's weapon, you would need a contract for that too. Weapons with no contract means they'll probably be only used temporarily. However, there are weapons willing to serve a god with no contract because they are desperate. A weapon with too many contracts or breach of contract is another story which is also frowned upon.

 

"You think I'm that desperate?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow to the god.

 

"Taehyung, be more respectful. He is a god."  His teacher scolded him lightly. "Just think of this as an opportunity to learn more. Maybe you'll learn how to transform with a god's presence."

 

"If that's the case, then maybe you should have let a god come and help me with my training earlier!" Taehyung was aware that his voice was rising in anger. Almost everybody looked down on him. Those who didn't look down on him like Jin and his teacher are being too nice and positive, but they don't make him feel any better.

 

"I only had one weapon before and that weapon committed suicide," The god spoke which distracted Taehyung's anger. Weapons who commit suicide are most likely because they felt no god wanted them or they couldn't convince the current god they were serving to terminate the contract for whatever reason (maybe the current god abused them or maybe they fell in love with another god but the current god refuse to set them free). "I'm not looking down on you, and I don't think you are desperate which I can clearly see that you aren't. I just think it's safer for both of us without a contract until we get to know more about each other, so I'm going to ask one last time. Will you serve me without a contract?"

 

Taehyung looked at his teacher, wondering if the other would give him some sort of advice or sign to help him make a decision, but the teacher remained calm and silent. If the previous weapon committed a suicide, then how bad could this god be? Not to mention, the god didn't even introduce himself, his name or what kind of god he is. However, when will another god choose a weapon who couldn't transform like him? He really shouldn't let this opportunity slip away. "I apologize for the way I acted earlier. If you could forgive me, then I would be willing to serve you." Taehyung kneeled and bowed down before the god.

 

"I forgive you, Taehyung. Now please stand up," The god smiled upon his new weapon. "My name is Jungkook. I would prefer if you call me by my name rather than master or whatever formal manner."

 

“As you wish, Jungkook.”

 

To be continued~ 

 

A/N: How was it so far? It has been awhile since I wrote a fic. I hope I haven't lost my touch. Please comment and tell me about you feel about this fic. Comments inspire me. ^_^