Living With A God

A God's Weapon

 

 

Jungkook owned a shrine near a hospital. Most people who prayed to him are sick people or people who knew someone sick. That's how Taehyung learned that Jungkook was a god of health.

 

Taehyung's first task was to deliver medicine. He was given a list of people with what type of medicine to deliver to them.

 

"Listen, we can't save everybody, so when you arrive at the place and see that the person already died, don't blame yourself," Jungkook helped Taehyung put the bag on his shoulder. "Is it too heavy? I can lessen the load. You can always just come back here for the other medicines."

 

"No, it's fine," Taehyung was feeling ecstatic that he would be doing something entirely different from his usual training routine. "I'll get going now."

 

Before Taehyung could proceed to teleport himself, Jungkook placed a hand on his arm. "Wait! I almost forgot to give this to you." He handed a bottle to Taehyung. "You'll be doing a lot of teleportation today and bound to get dizzy or motion sickness at some point. When you do, just drink the medicine in this bottle. I promise I tried not to make it taste too bad."

 

"Thank you," Taehyung took the bottle and stared at it for a while.

 

"Um... aren't you supposed to get going?" Jungkook asked, interrupting Taehyung's trance.

 

"It's the first gift I got from a god. I just wanted to savor the moment, you know?" Taehyung smiled at the god which caused the god to blush in return. "I'll see you later."

 

It was a very tiring yet very fulfilling day for Taehyung. He had to act out sometimes as a delivery boy or a friend and to pretend to give the medicine. Sometimes, he had to inject the medicine or mix it with water and make the sick person drink it himself/herself.  "However, there was one person I couldn't deliver the medicine on time," Taehyung said as he ended his report to the god.

 

"How did it feel?" Jungkook asked curiously. It was Taehyung's first time to see a death of a human after all.

 

"You warned me not to blame myself, but I couldn't help but think if only I got there earlier. Is this why your previous weapon committed suicide? Because he or she wanted to save everybody but couldn't and had to feel guilty over it?" Jungkook remained silent, so Taehyung spoke again. "Sorry. I was being insensitive."

 

"No, it's okay. Yes, it is one of the reasons why he committed suicide," Jungkook decided to open up. "I don't really have much use of a weapon as a weapon itself as you can see. I'd rather heal than fight."

 

"So that's why you're okay with me not being able to transform into a weapon."

 

"That's why I thought you were perfect."

 

The god and the weapon ended up blushing at each other after that sentence.

 

There were days when Taehyung didn't have to do any deliveries. On those days, Jungkook taught him how to make medicine for certain diseases and illnesses. When Taehyung learned enough how to make them, they would take turns on doing deliveries and making medicine. There were also days when Jungkook didn't feel like spending most of the day alone which is when they would do deliveries together or make medicine together. Taehyung also learned that Jungkook's touch can heal a human.

 

"Why do we have to make medicine? Not that I'm complaining. I'm just curious as to why not just give them a healing touch?" Taehyung asked after noticing Jungkook's healing touch for the first time.

 

"My healing touch has its own limits, so I want to only use it to people who are very ill but still deserve to live. Also, I can't heal weapons and other spiritual beings, not even gods, but then again, gods have their own unique healing abilities," Jungkook explained.

 

"Did your previous weapon get sick or something?"

 

"He got injured badly in a fight. I couldn't heal him, but time managed to heal him in a way that he could at least walk again. He started doing deliveries again, but because of his disability from the injury, he couldn't make that much deliveries. He couldn't save much people. He probably felt useless as a weapon. I guess the injury and everything else after that really took a toll on him. He also blamed me for not being a good fighter. He said a weakling like me should have chosen a lot of weapons."

 

"And now you have me... a weapon who couldn't even transform into a weapon. I understand that you don't exactly need a weapon, but it doesn't hurt to make contract with multiple of weapons just in case. You never really know when you'll need one."

 

"If you haven't noticed, I don't like socializing much. I don't like my shrine to be crowded with weapons. I just need one who I can trust. I'd also rather die than have another weapon die because of me."

 

After hearing Jungkook out, Taehyung became more determined to protect the god. He must learn how to transform into a weapon somehow. He started his training routine again whenever he had free time. He also invited Jungkook to his training. The god needed to learn how to  fight. "I know you said you'd rather die, but I don't want you to die that easily. How am I supposed to live without you?"

 

"You can serve another god," Jungkook joked, but Taehyung didn't find it funny. "Sorry. I'll try my best to learn how to fight."

 

"Try to punch me as hard as you can," Taehyung instructed the god.

 

"I can't do that." Jungkook didn't want to hurt the other.

 

"How many times do you think I've been punched while training to be a weapon? If your previous weapon said you're a weakling, then I'm pretty sure I can handle your punch. Come on! Bring it on!" Taehyung made some hand gestures to encourage the other to punch him.

 

Jungkook tried his throw out his best punch which was easily blocked by Taehyung, and he didn't even flinch in pain. "I can totally feel why your previous weapon said you're a weakling," Jungkook’s part didn’t hurt at all. It was almost like a baby’s punch.

 

"I told you I'm not into fighting," Jungkook started to sulk.

 

"I know, I know." Taehyung started to rub Jungkook's back to make the other feel better. "Compared to other weapons, I couldn’t transform, but that never stopped me from training and trying hard. When it was time for a battle evaluation at the weapon academy, I actually won a lot of times. It’s not all about strength. Techniques, strategies, and knowledge could let you win.”

 

“Alright, I’ll try my best to learn from you.” Jungkook said as he got inspired from Taehyung’s story. “I think it’s stupid for other gods to look down on you and not choose you just because you’re not able to transform. I looked at all of your grades and results from the weapon academy, and I have no doubt that you are one of the best weapons. I believe one day you’ll be able to transform and when you do, you’ll be amazing and powerful.”

 

Taehyung held back his tears from falling. He couldn’t believe how lucky he was to be chosen by this god.

 

~*~*~*~*To be continued*~*~*~*~

A/N: There will be some shrine visitors next chapter. Who could they be and how will it affect Jungkook and Taehyung's current relationship?

 

Comments and suggestions are loved and appreciated!!! ^_^