first everything (wendy x irene)

Purplish Thoughts (ficlet collection)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Irene scoots closer to Wendy at the loud sound and bright light. It’s a night out turned sleepover because thunder roared and lightning bleared the night sky.

 

Wendy tries to ignore the fact that it’s been an hour since the sound of thunder quieted and the rain stopped. Irene’s warm body is still snuggled next to hers and she’d rather keep it that way.

 

“Tell me about your exes.” Irene says while playing with Wendy’s fingers. Skinship is nothing new to them but Irene always plays with her hands like it’s the most calming thing to do. Wendy smiles and untangles their hands. She points to her pinky.

 

“My first was Tom. He was kind and always ‘cooked’ for me. We loved running around the playground and we even got ‘married’ in front of our classmates. We were five.”

 

“Cute! What happened to your husband?” Irene asks in between snickers.

 

“We unconsciously divorced after moving up to primary school. I think we went to different schools.” Wendy tries to recall but is interrupted by a smiling Irene and a tap on Wendy’s ring finger.

 

“Then came Daniel. He picked flowers and gave them to me every recess. He drew me a lot on his notebook and gave the pages to me. From 4th grade to 5th. Probably my longest relationship to date!”

 

They both laugh at the realization until Wendy sighs.

 

“Anyway, next was Drew. Middle school. Canadian. He was real handsome and played hockey. Taught me how to kiss but that was it.”

 

Irene quirks an eyebrow. Wendy looks away for a second to avoid the glint in her eye. “That’s it? I feel like there’s something more to him.”

 

Wendy’s eyes widen as she defends herself. “N-n-no! That was it. I mean that was all we did…”

 

“I’m not referring to that.”

 

“Ah. He wasn’t serious with me because he was busy with impressing schools to take him by playing hockey. He was my first love though.”

Please log in to read the full chapter