IV. Ache

Blood Moon

Pain. A deep ache throbbed throughout Daniel's chest, sending him to his knees. It felt as if his heart was being torn in half. "Daniel?! Are you okay?"

Jinyoung rushed to Daniel's side, eyes filled with worry and concern. "What's wrong?"

Daniel gritted his teeth, canines beginning to show along with his eyes turning into a golden shade. "H—Haein... I can't sense her anymore..." Tears bubbled up in his eyes as he closed them due to the pain radiating throughout his chest.

Jinyoung stared in shock, dozens of thoughts running through his head. Was Haein dead? Hurt? Captured by the vampires? Damn it!

"Where was the last place you felt her presence?" Daniel looked up at Jinyoung after hearing the question, taking in a deep breath.

"Pinoon." That was all Jinyoung was able to get out of Daniel before the older boy collapsed from the sheer pain he was in. Using all of his strength, Jinyoung propped up Daniel against the lockers just as Jihoon rushed over towards them. "What happened?!"

"We need to go to Pinoon High. Now." Jinyoung said, not explaining the situation as he dragged Jihoon with him. The slightly older boy looked at him in disbelief before stopping him.

"Wait, tell me what's going on!" Jihoon raised his voice and was immediately face to face with Jinyoung. "Those damn bloodsuckers have Haein, okay?! If we don't go and get her now, then Daniel could be really hurt. I'm not sure what will happen to him if we don't save her now."

Jihoon stared in shock. Haein was taken by vampires? The ones at Pinoon? But how?!

"Okay, but we need to tell Jisung to come and get Daniel. There's no way we do this by ourselves." Jinyoung rolled his eyes at Jihoon, before glaring back at him.

"Look, either you come with me or I go by myself, you decide." "Okay, okay...!"

Jihoon put his hands up in defeat, knowing there was going to be no way of getting through to someone as stubborn as Jinyoung. "Let's go then."

The two boys hurried out of the Nalgae building and towards the Pinoon building right next door. Jinyoung's eyes glowed golden as he looked around the entrance. "She was definitely here. I can still smell her."

Jihoon's eyes also turned a golden colour as he picked up a lone band-aid off of the ground. On it was a visible magic symbol of some kind on it. "Looks like a protection spell, it must have been ripped off of her..."

Jinyoung gritted his teeth, being reminded of his own sister and how she was taken by vampires. "We need to hurry up and find her before it's too late."

Rushing inside the building, the two boys tried to listen closely in case they could hear Haein somehow trying to fight off any vampires. However, they heard nothing but silence. Sighing, Jihoon clenched his fists. "This is impossible! How are we supposed to find her?"

"Psst! Over here!" A whisper came from the shadows and both werewolves turned and looked. Near the staircase was a short girl, one that both boys recognized as definitely not being a vampire, but of some sort of magical descent. Cautiously, they approached her.

"Who are you?" Jinyoung asked immediately, not too interested in getting to know someone at the moment.

"Yunhee, Jeon Yunhee." The girl spoke quickly. "I'm a friend of Haein and I can take you to her, but I need to know: you're here to help her right?"

Rolling his eyes, "Duh." Jinyoung said bluntly, wanting to get to Haein as soon as possible.

"Okay then, sassy pants." Yunhee deadpanned back at him. "Follow me please." The two werewolves followed the elven girl to the second floor where the Student Council room was located.

When they got to the second floor, Yunhee quickly tossed a glittery material over them. "What—" Before Jihoon could ask what she was doing, Yunhee covered his mouth and signaled for him to be quiet. "I put a spell on you two so that neither of you will be detected by the vampires, so please be quiet."

Jihoon nodded, understanding what she had done now. "I'm going to go to the roof so I can cast a spell over the vampires. You'll have about three minutes to get Haein out of the building. Now, go." Yunhee quickly departed from the two werewolves and made her way to the roof as quickly as she could.

The two boys both edged towards the room, ready to enter. Soon enough, they heard a strange flute-like music play out throughout the building and the vampires' conversation came to a halt.

Sliding open the door, Jinyoung peered in and saw the vampires in a trance-like state. In the middle of the room, Haein was sat in a chair with her head down. Without hesitation, Jinyoung rushed inside and grabbed Haein, lifting her up out of the chair while Jihoon stuck the band-aid back on her neck where she had been marked.

Haein's eyes slowly returned from the cloudy, bluish colour to her natural brown before closing all together, passing out as a result of what she must have endured. Jinyoung quickly departed from the room with Haein in his arms, Jihoon following close behind them.

The three made it outside and breathed out a sigh of relief, shocked to have gotten out. However, just as they got to the gate, they realized their relief was short lived.

Without warning, the three were surrounded by the vampires. Minhyun stood in front of the three Nalgae students, looking quite annoyed and angry at Haein being taken back by the werewolves.

"I'll say this nicely, hand her over." Minhyun glared at Jinyoung with a smirk, the younger boy simply glaring right back at him. "I don't think you understand her importance to me."

"Hell. No." Jinyoung glared back, clutching Haein closer to his chest. "I know all you want is another meal, isn't that right?"

Minhyun gritted his teeth and almost lunged at Jinyoung but was held back by someone unexpected, Seongwoo. "That's enough."

Rolling his eyes, Minhyun looked at Seongwoo. "I don't need you telling me what to do." In an instant, Seongwoo was on his knees in front of Minhyun, the older boy's eyes shining red as he forced Seongwoo to submit to him.

Still controlling Seongwoo, Minhyun walked up to Jinyoung who backed up into Jihoon. Again, before Minhyun could reach them, he was this time sent flying backwards into his fellow vampires.

As if he had teleported, Daniel stood amongst a cloud of dirt left behind from him rushing towards them. "Back off, Hwang. She doesn't want to be your play thing. Why do you think she has a protection spell on her?!"

Daniel breathed heavily, getting angry over the situation. He looked back at Haein, who was peacefully asleep in Jinyoung's arms. "Keep her safe while I take care of this."

He turned and faced the vampires just as Woojin rushed over and stood with them, making it a total of four werewolves and a witch against four vampires.

Before Minhyun could get up and continue to fight, a different vampire spoke up. "Look, as much as I'd like to help out. I don't really care to be involved in a stupid fight. I'm going to sit this one out, hyung."

The voice belonged to none other than Lee Daehwi, another vampire of nobility. "And not to stupid, but obviously Seongwoo isn't going to help you which leaves what? Jaehwan and Guanlin? You know Guanlin isn't going to help either because he always sides with me, duh. And Jaehwan... well he's just not that reliable..."

"You brat!" Jaehwan yelled as Daehwi shrugged his shoulders. "What I'm trying to say is that, hyung, maybe you should just talk to the witch whenever she wakes up. This isn't medieval times, stop trying to kidnap her for crying out loud!"

Minhyun took a deep breath and got up, dusting himself off. "Fine, we will meet tomorrow then. Unless the witch wants her elf friend to disappear forever."

Daniel glared at Minhyun, angry that he was using Yunhee as leverage against Haein, who wasn't even awake to defend herself. "Fine."

Jinyoung looked at Daniel in shock for even agreeing. "Are you out of your mind? Who cares about her!" Daniel glared back at Jinyoung. "Haein cares about her, if you were Haein wouldn't you want those around you to protect your friends?"

Silenced by such facts, Jinyoung pouted as he looked down at Haein with a worried expression. He really didn't want Haein to have to meet up with the worst excuse for a supernatural creature ever.

"Alright, then we will meet at the neighboring park to talk at three o' clock tomorrow." Minhyun chose the time and place, leaving no one to even disagree with him.

Daniel simply nodded and began to walk with his fellow werewolves out of the Pinoon court yard and to the safety of Nalgae's court yard. All of them sighing in relief upon entering.

Turning, Daniel walked over to take Haein away from Jinyoung but was stopped by Jinyoung himself. "No way, I still can't believe you made a deal with that bloodsucker. You can't just assume that's what she would've wanted!"

Hearing Jinyoung shout, Haein stirred awake and looked around groggily. "What's going on...?" She looked between the two werewolves, realizing she was in the arms of Jinyoung while Daniel was staring at her and the younger boy with an annoyed expression.

"Thank god you're okay!" Jihoon exclaimed, trying to distract Haein from the obvious conflict going on around her. "We were worried about you."

Haein, luckily, was groggy enough to be distracted by Jihoon. "How did I get here? Why is Jinyoung holding me?"

Sighing, Jihoon approached and helped her out of Jinyoung's grasp. "We rescued you from Minhyun. You were in a hypnotic state so Jinyoung had to carry you out of the building as a result."

Haein looked back at Jinyoung, who in turn awkwardly blushed at the thought of it. "Thank you both so much." Haein bowed her head in thanks, grateful to Jinyoung and Jihoon for coming to get her.

"I barely remember anything while I was over there. All I can really recall was Minhyun saying something about an oracle or some vision... I'm not entirely sure though because my memory is completely hazy now..."

Jihoon smiled at Haein sympathetically. "It's okay, we'll figure out what it was all about tomorrow. We're meeting with him at the nearby park at three o' clock."

Haein stared in shock. "What? Why? I don't want to be kidnapped again!" Jinyoung looked at Daniel with an "I told you so" expression as Jihoon continued explaining why.

After hearing why they had to meet up, Haein's eyes became saddened. "They have Yunhee, this is all my fault..."

"Don't blame yourself, Haein. Yunhee wanted to help you, she knew about the consequences." Daniel reassured, putting his hand on her shoulder in comfort. Somehow, his touch did make her feel calm again. "I hope you're right."

Hi everyone... First, I'd like to apologize for my six month absence. I was dealing with a lot of stuff: health issues, working, etc. BUT, I'm back now! :-) I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as it's finally a continuation to chapter three's cliffhanger lmao. Let me know what you think; I will try to be back with chapter five soon! See you then :-) — monbxbe