III. Marked

Blood Moon

Daniel stood at the school gate with an expression no one had ever really seen before. His face had a large, happy grin strewn across his face, which was an was quite rare. "Sorry, did you wait long?"

His line of sight turned at the sound of Haein's voice, Daniel's grin not going away in the slightest. "No, let's get going."

He wrapped an arm around Haein, who tensed up at his touch. The weren't an "item" or anything, though Haein understood that he only acted this way due to the imprint he had left on her.

So, rather than telling him "hands off," Haein just let him do his thing. Afterall, Daniel was someone that Haein knew she could trust completely. He'd protected her from Minhyun just earlier that day for crying out loud, how could she not feel safe with him?

After a fifteen minute walk, the two arrived at a small "shed-like" building. "Why are we here?"

Haein's confused expression slightly amused Daniel who immediately answered the question, "To meet the pack."

They entered the building, finding it to be a lot nicer inside than it looked outside. The room was well kept, appearing to have been cleaned probably a few days prior. There was a couch against a wall with a coffee table in front of it, facing an older looking television. A round table with a couple fold out chairs were in the room as well along with two mini fridges and a microwave.

"Daniel—" Jinyoung began to greet the older werewolf but stopped, glaring at Haein almost immediately. "What did you just invite into the HQ?"

"Jinyoung! Where are your manners?" Sungwoon scolded, turning his attention to Haein. "That's no way to treat a guest, let alone a lady."

Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung continued, "It has nothing to do with her being a lady, I'm talking about that mark on her damn neck!"

Everyone froze upon the mention of a mark, with Haein looking slightly freaked out. "What mark?"

Haein grabbed at the left side of her neck, sensing something there. She quickly pulled out her cell phone, turning on front camera to see what he was talking about.

Lo and behold, the cut was gone and in its place were three bright blue dots aligned in a triangle on her neck. "What is that?"

Daniel furrowed his brows, having not noticed the mark until just now. "Jinyoung, what is it? Do you know?"

Sighing, Jinyoung walked over and carefully looked at the mark on her neck. "Man, aren't you unlucky."

"Quit beating around the bush! What is it?" Daniel yelled, getting angry at Jinyoung slightly.

"Alright, relax. It's a mark used by vampires to claim someone as their own," Jinyoung grimaced. "I only know about it because my sister had one before as well."

"What's going to happen to me?" Haein asked, tears threatening to come out of her eyes.

Releasing a sigh, Jinyoung looked at the witch with a sad expression. "Considering your mark is bright blue, it means that whoever did that is a powerful vampire. The mark is meant to influence the person it's given to, so the vampire is able to manipulate and control the person better. They are usually given for one of two reasons: 1. The vampire wants you as his primary food source for him and his clan. or 2. The vampire wishes to keep you as a bride."

Haein began to shake, with one tear escaping her right eye. Daniel put a protecting arm around Haein, shaking a bit himself from anger. "She's as good as dead, I'm sorry."

Jinyoung looked at Haein with an extremely bittersweet expression, "The only way to not let the mark win, from what I know, is by concealing it and avoiding the vampire. But, good luck doing that."

Enraged at her situation, Haein stormed out of the building with Daniel following closely behind her. "Wait, Haein!"

She turned and looked at Daniel, her tears finally having fallen from her eyes. "I need to go home and figure out how to fix this. I refuse to become a blood bank or bride to anyone."

"I understand, but please know this: The pack and I will protect you, no matter what." Daniel hugged Haein tightly, before releasing her slowly. Haein nodded, understanding before walking off towards her flat.

When she reached her apartment, Haein quickly began digging around her closet for spellbooks. These weren't any regular kind of spellbook though, they were ancient spellbooks left by her grandmother.

Flipping through the pages, she quickly landed on a section mentioning only vampires. "The dark ages were filled with grief and mourning, mostly due to the vampire attacks on the various different supernatural creatures."

Haein continued down the page, reading to herself out loud, "It was at this time that witches, warlocks, and elven creatures came together; forming a pact to protect one another from the vampires. They created spells, potions, and enchantments to help ward off the vampires from killing anymore of our kind."

That was when something finally clicked in Haein, Jeon Yunhee was an elf! That's why she couldn't figure out what she was originally, it was because of her glamour that she was using. Why didn't I figure this out sooner!

Quickly, Haein performed a mark supressing enchantment on a bandage. She placed it over the mark, securing it in place so that it wouldn't fall off at any given time.

Once she was sure it was on correctly, Haein quickly went to work on preparing potions for herself in the event that the mark begins to show power over her. Before she knew it, Haein fell asleep at her desk, exhausted both mentally and physically.

As soon as sunlight began shining through her window, Haein quickly shot up from her seat. Wiping drool off of her face, she quickly changed her clothes into a new, fresh uniform before heading off to school.

On her way there, Haein kept a look out for Yunhee the entire walk there. Finally, just as she was about to enter through the Nalgae High gate, she spotted the elf about to walk through Pinoon's gate as well.

"Jeon Yunhee!" Haein called out, running over to her. "I need your help."

Yunhee stared at Haein in confusion before realizing just what Haein was, supernaturally. "What can I do for you, friend?"

Haein quickly and quietly informed Yunhee of the mark, explaining why she needed her to help keep her away from Minhyun.

"So, Hwang Minhyun marked you?" Yunhee asked, with Haein nodding in response. "Alright, I'll keep you safe until we can find a way to remove it. In return for my help, I want you to help make sure my glamour doesn't wear off."

"You have a deal!" Haein agreed, not burdened with having to keep Yunhee's glamour in check. That was nothing for what Yunhee was agreeing to. "I'll see you after school then to discuss this."

"Alright, see you after school." Yunhee smiled lightly, before walking off towards her school building.

Haein nodded to herself before making her way over towards Nalgae for the school day. Inside, she was greeted by Daniel, whom was smiling at her once again.

The two walked to class together, entering the classroom and taking their seat next to each other.

The rest of the day went by like usual, but Haein could strangely feel something nagging at the back of her head.

Althrough the day, Haein would find herself going in the wrong direction during school. Always walking closer and closer to Pinoon, where Minhyun was located.

Each and everytime this happened, one of the potions that Haein brewed would be used whenever she felt the "pull" happening. This mark is powerful, to the point to where it's manipulate my subconscious.

Sighing, Haein exited her high school and began making her way out of the school gate. Ah, my head...

Suddenly, a wave of dizziness and confusion overtook Haein. She felt herself stumbling around, not really sure where she even was anymore.

By the time she came to, Haein was standing right in front of the entrance to Pinoon. "How did I...?" Haein mumbled as she clutched her head in her left hand.

Pulling out her cell phone, she began to dial Daniel's number when suddenly, her phone was pulled right out of her hands. "Hey!"

Haein looked up to see Minhyun, "Crap—"

Before Haein could even finish her sentence, Minhyun ripped off the band-aid from her neck. Almost immediately, her pupils completely dilated with a bluish ring appearing around the iris in each of her eyes.

Minhyun smiled at Haein before reaching his hand out for her to take. Haein had a glossed over look in her eyes, appearing completely dazed as she stretched her hand out to place it into the vampire's before her.

Taking a hold of Haein's hand, Minhyun pulled her inside as a stray tear fell from her left eye in response. No, somebody... help me!

 

Once again, sorry for the long wait! I took quite a long time getting this prepared as I was trying to write up a complete story guide for the story >o< Anyways, more conflicts have arised in the story! I wonder what will happen next... >:) Anyways, I hope you liked this latest update! Please don't forget to give me some feedback on what you thought ^^ Until next update! — monbxbe