Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

Perfect

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

 

Oppa, guess what!” Yoo Jung had run up to him, shrieking with excitement. Bo Gum smiled back immediately and looked up to see her running towards him. It was so early in the morning that the sun hadn’t even come up yet, but they had been called to rehearse their next scene. While the production team was getting ready, he had taken the chance to walk alone through the set, and that’s where Yoo Jung had found him.

 

Omo! What’s got you so happy, Yoo Jung-ah?”

 

Oppa, remember how I told you my phone broke? Well, I got a new one! And this one finally has a lot of storage space, not like the old one, so I’ve filled it with a lot of songs!” They instinctively sat down together under a tree. Dawn was coming, and there was barely any light, but the reflection of the phone lit up Yoo Jung’s happy face as she browsed through her playlist. She looked gorgeous, even without a drop of makeup. Bo Gum stared at her in silence, basking in her beauty.

 

It had been less than two weeks since their first kiss, and the number of romantic scenes they had to do together had continuously increased. Bo Gum didn’t mind that at all, and thoroughly enjoyed every moment he could hold, touch and hug Yoo Jung. He didn’t enjoy his solo scenes half as much as he did when he was with her. Yoo Jung also seemed to like being with him on set, and they were growing closer and even more comfortable with each other with every passing day. She was his source of happiness, and being with her was the number one thing he looked forward to every day.  

 

“Ah, here it is! Listen to this song, Oppa. I like it very much.” A slow, romantic tune started to play. Bo Gum recognized the song and smiled.

 

“Why do you like this song so much, Yoo Jung-ah?” He asked.

 

“Ah, Oppa, I just love romantic songs. I love the idea of dancing to them with the person you love.” She shrugged and hugged her legs as she buried her chin on her knees. “But, you know? It’s funny, but I’ve never even slow danced with anyone! I’ve always wanted to, but I’ve never done it. I’ve missed many parties at school because of work, and I’ve never really had the opportunity to do it.”

 

Bo Gum didn’t know why Yoo Jung was being so honest with him, but he loved that she felt comfortable enough to share things like this so nonchalantly. Suddenly, he felt braver than ever, and knew what he had to do.

 

“Well, guess what, Yoo Jung-ah? This is your lucky day.”

 

Bo Gum had stood up and was offering his hand to Yoo Jung. She looked up at him, bewildered. Her cheeks and ears were red and she was suddenly quiet.

 

N-naega? Are you asking me to dance now, Oppa?” Her big eyes were open wide. She looks so pretty, he thought.

 

Ne, Yoo Jung-ie! That song is beautiful! Let’s dance, like you’ve always wanted”. He smiled as big and as reassuringly as he could. Finally she looked down, embarrassed, and stood up while holding his hand. He softly pulled her in, wrapped his arms around her and started to sway.

 

Oppa, mianhae, I might step on your foot, I don’t know how to d---” Yoo Jung stuttered.

 

“Shhh, Yoo Jung-ah.” He looked down at her sweet face, almost completely buried between his chest and his arms. He thanked the heavens for the darkness surrounding them in that moment, for he didn’t know if he would’ve ever dared to do such a thing in broad daylight. Even in the dim light of dawn he could see she looked a bit scared, but there was also a new look in her eyes, something he hadn’t seen before. They stared at each other for a little while as they danced, and he continued to hold her in his arms until the song ended.

 

Aigoo, um, gomawo, Oppa.” She touched her cheeks, bright red and warm. The sun was coming up already.

 

“You’re welcome, Yoo Jung-ah.” His throat was dry and his heart was racing from being so close to her, but there was some newfound hope. Yoo Jung was flustered and agitated, even more so than him, and it made him wonder if maybe, just maybe…

 

“Park Bo Gum-ssi! Kim Yoo Jung-ssi! We’re about to start the rehearsal!” He heard the producer’s voice calling them. Yoo Jung ran off before him and he started walking behind her, savoring the little moment they’d just had together. His heartbeat was gradually steadying and he started to come to his senses. What he had just done was incredibly daring, but worthwhile. He hoped that he’d actually made her happy and made her wish come true, without scaring her. Had all this been too much?

 

Aish, I love her way too much, Bo Gum thought before turning around and starting his way back to the set, with the sun slowly rising in the horizon.