Bucket List

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: Bucket List

 

        Inside JeongGi’s journal, she listed everything she was interested in. She wanted to do everything when she gets better, but unfortunately, only her proxy could do it alone.

 

JeongGi’s Bucket List:

 

-Travel alone: All around the world

-Eat delicious food

-Taste all kinds of wines

-Make my own wine

-Hiking

-Diving

-Bungee jumping

-Sky diving

-Water rafting

-Break the law!

-Live in a farm

-Live with no technology

-Learn how to cook: pastry, chocolates, and some cuisines

-Learn languages

-Travel with a stranger (I hope he’s handsome and kind :D)

-Learn how to make glass wares

-Pottery

-Painting lessons

-Dance lessons

-Dance at the bar (On a table)

-Sing in the middle of the crowd

-Dance with a partner in a crowded place at night. (Like a prom. I want it to be romantic! Please! Not awkward!)

-Go to outer space

-Have a lion pet

-Kiss a snake

-Paragliding

-Ride extreme rides at the amusement park

-Be an idol for a year

-Roll down the hill

-Jump off the cliff (with water at the bottom. Of course!)

-Get lost and sleep on the road or a park

-Get water from a very refreshing well

-Date a nice, kind, and unique man while travelling.

-Punch someone with no reason

-Go to the beach

-Go to cultural villages to know and experience different cultures

-Kiss

-Fall in love

-Get married and have children

 

        Those were the list JeongGi had written in her small notebook. Those things would probably take Jeonghan a long time to fulfill given that he was busy running their businesses too, even his lifetime wouldn’t serve.

 

        Upon waking up, Mingyu took a picture of the sleeping Jeonghan on his bed through his phone and smirked. Then, he went right straight to restaurant’s kitchen and cook them breakfast. Back to work for Mingyu! From the moment he opened the restaurant, guests continuously coming in. As expected, the people who were visiting their small restaurant doubled because of Jeonghan’s blog and unintentional advertisement. Simone also adjust his sleeping habit just to open the store earlier because there were already costumers waiting outside for their breakfast. It was tiring but it’s worth it.

 

        Later on, Jeonghan and Luisa came to join and serve the customers, mostly travelers. The angel at work was getting used to his part time job, which he chose to do whenever he’s at rest in Luisa’s home. He’s already loving it, and he was sure that he’d miss serving the costumers and helping Luisa and her family. By the end of the day, they ate their dinner together and toast a wine for a good night greeting. As soon as they went inside their apartment, Jeonghan was busy with his laptop because, number 1: he was chatting Mr. Attorney, Seungcheol, and Seungkwan; number two: he was busy replying to some emails that he was not able to answer while he was on a trip; and number three: he’s busy sharing his experience through his blog.

 

        Mingyu was done showering when he saw Jeonghan with his gadgets, and started nagging him again.

 

Mingyu:

What are you busy at? I thought you were on a vacation.

(He came close to him.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He sighed)

This is a vacation for someone like me, Mingyu-ya.

I still need to allot time for business.

(He sighed once again.)

Good night, Mingyu-ya.

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

Good night!

 

Jeonghan:

Oh! Mingyu!

Tomorrow…

 

Mingyu:

What?

Do you have any request for breakfast?

 

Jeonghan:

Nope!

Let’s go together to Switzerland! Let’s learn how to bake and make chocolates!

 

Mingyu:

What?!

 

Jeonghan:

Please?

We’ll take a train tomorrow. I already booked our tickets. You can’t back out.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan…

(He became speechless.)

 

Jeonghan:

Prepare your things. We’ll go early tomorrow. Let’s just have breakfast along the road.

 

        Mingyu was really quiet because he was very surprised of how Jeonghan handled everything. Everything in his life is fast. No holding back. He’s reckless in making decision and spending his money.

 

Jeonghan:

Good night.

(Forced him to sleep)

See you tomorrow.

 

        The very next day, Mingyu woke up early as told, while Jeonghan waited for the alarm to scream before he opened his eyes. He even asked Mingyu to have a little extension and wake him up after Mingyu took a bath, but Mingyu forced him to wake up. He pulled Jeonghan out of the bed and gave him a warm aromatic coffee. As Jeonghan smelled the scent of the coffee, his mind was becoming clearer. Mingyu took a shower while Jeonghan was arranging things for them to bring. They went out early to catch up the train. They wasted no time and immediately rode the said train going to Switzerland.

 

        Mingyu was still at fazed that he became a wanderer, actually, a clueless wanderer. Jeonghan became fearless and carefree all of a sudden. He completely changed for just a week of travelling with him; though, he was glad that he’s finally smiling brightly.

 

        They rode the train comfortably, sitting on a very comfortable chair, while sighting a very beautiful scenery created by nature. Jeonghan was very lively that day. Mingyu felt so light and happy as he took his phone out again to capture how beautiful Jeonghan’s smile was. Jeonghan caught him and snatched the handsome man’s phone from his hand.

 

Jeonghan:

Why are you taking photos of me?

 

Mingyu:

To show you how beautiful your smile has become.

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled and look at the photo)

Really?

How can you tell?

It was just the same.

 

Mingyu:

Your eyes are glistening. It’s bright.

 

Jeonghan:

As expected from an artist.

Your words are beautiful as well, Mr. Carlos.

(Putting his head on his palm standing by his elbow on the table.)

Let’s enjoy the ride, Mr. Artist.

 

Mingyu:

Alright, Mr. Business Man.

(He smirked)

Why do you want to study baking and chocolates in Switzerland?

Really? In Switzerland?! It’s too far.

 

Jeonghan:

Are you forced to be with me?

 

Mingyu:

No… I am asking this because I am curious.

 

Jeonghan:

Because… nothing. It just happened that one school there will hold a week long short course. I mean basics. You know what I mean? They only offer it during summer, so… I took the chance.

It’s gonna be fun!

(Showed an excited, twinkling expression.)

Mingyu:

Jeonghan, you changed a lot… I thought you were a scaredy cat and here you are reckless with all your decisions.

 

Jeonghan:

I feel happy, Mingyu.

I will never let this chance go.

I want freedom and now I’m experiencing it.

You taught me how to be a free man, Mingyu.

You should blame yourself!

 

Mingyu:

I guess so…

(He chuckled)

But it’s better this way.

 

Jeonghan:

Actually, it was listed on the bucket list of my sister, and it interests me too.

 

Mingyu:

Can I take a look, already?

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, yeah. Sure!

Maybe you can help me.

Don’t laugh because some of the activities written on her list was so not good. I mean, it’s weird and despicable.

 

Mingyu:

It’s alright.

She’s braver than you. What do you expect?

(He )

 

Jeonghan:

Fine!

(He giggled after a pissed face.)

 

        Mingyu took a good look upon his little sister’s list and it was indeed amazing. Some of it was so random and they’re just weird to do. He imagined how cute and active his sister was. There were even side note beside the activities she wanted to do. All he could do was to smile upon going through her to-do-list.

 

Mingyu:

Wow!

I would like to go to outer space but I don’t dare to punch a person randomly.

(He cried a laugh)

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed)

She has a very wild imagination… I don’t think I can do a sky diving, even a bungee jumping.

She’s insane.

 

Mingyu:

No, she’s just free.

 

        After they ran out of stories, Mingyu taught him some Italian words, so he could fulfill one of JeongGi’s to-do-list. But before that, he asked Jeonghan if he could show him a picture of her sister.

 

        Jeonghan scanned his phone to show him the pictures of her sister together with him. Mingyu was scanning the phone while wearing a very romantic smile.

 

Mingyu:

She looks pretty.

 

        As Mingyu continued to scan Jeonghan’s photos with his sister, he found out a picture with Jeonghan having a long hair. He stopped scanning and he paused a bit and stare at it. Mingyu found him very beautiful and attractive with a long hair; although, he was still beautiful with his haircut.

 

Mingyu:

You look beautiful here!

 

Jeonghan:

Where?

(Jeonghan looked at the phone and found him with his long hair.)

Ah-that?

I grew my hair because…

Because JeongGi asked me to do it, since she cannot grow her hair due to her Chemotherapy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter