Kim Mingyu’s World

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'd just like to recommend these songs to you guys. :D  "Tutto Per Una Ragione" by Beni & Fede Ft. Annalisa  or "La Vie en Rose"

_____

 

 

Food for the Gods: Kim Mingyu’s World

 

        So, another days had past and the two, Mingyu and Jeonghan, could slowly know each other. There was no time that Jeonghan felt empty because Luisa and her family were so accommodating. He never thought that he’s an outsider in their family, despite their language and culture barrier.

 

Mingyu, as usual, rose early around 7:00 am, not just because he’ going to open the restaurant but because he wanted to make breakfast for everyone. He was just surprised when people, around 4-5, were already waiting outside.

 

Mingyu:

Oh!

Buon Giorno a tutti! (Good morning, everyone!)

(He greeted them with a bright smile)

 

Customer 1:

Are you going to open now?

 

Mingyu:

Oh, I’m afraid we’re opening at 9:00.

 

Customer 2:

I see.

 

Mingyu:

May I ask if you found our restaurant in a blog?

(He was curious how fast internet would work for advertisements)

 

Customer 1:

Yes.

(She smiled)

 

Customer 3:

Actually, I visited here yesterday but it seemed that the restaurant was full, so we decided to wait here early this morning.

 

Customer 2:

You must be the young chef the blogger was talking about.

 

Mingyu:

I’m not yet a chef.

 

Customer 4:

Oh! But you see, the blogger described you as a real one.

(He showed him the article.)

You know, I’ve been following this blogger’s recommendation, especially those where near France.

I never get disappointed in his/her recommendation.

 

Mingyu:

You didn’t know the name of the blogger?

 

Customer 2:

(Thought that he’d like to find and thank him.)

Oh! That’s unfortunate but this person conceals his/her identity. But I like how the blogger describes every food he/ she tastes.

 

Mingyu:

I see.

(He seemed confused of how powerful social media and internet were.)

I would recommend you to come back later… it’s still early… maybe I should just get your names for reservation?

(He thought that they might get bored by waiting outside.)

 

Customer 1:

We’re fine.

 

        Meanwhile, his uncle, Simone, walked down because he woke up early and didn’t know why but he suddenly felt that he’s a young man again whose excited upon opening their restaurant. After reaching their humble restaurant he wore the same reaction as Mingyu. He was surprised too! When Mingyu told his uncle about the story, Simone decided to feed them immediately, since it would be such a pity if they’d wait for two hours just to eat their breakfast. So, Mingyu and Simone worked hard ever since they stepped their feet in their kitchen. Since they were the only 2 people working in the restaurant at the moment, they needed to double time; nevertheless, they did not forget to serve a high quality food. Again, after one batch, another batch would come in. Too sad that their restaurant was not that big and that it could only accommodate at least 10-15 people, since the restaurant was built for their hobby and of course, an additional to their income.

 

        On the other hand, the costumers were very satisfied with their food. Luisa came out right after she woke up because she could smell the delicious aroma coming from their little restaurant. She also had the same reaction, but Luisa couldn’t react for more because she needed to rush to the kitchen and help them serve food. Then, one costumer asked something to Luisa out of curiosity.

 

Customer 5:

Madame, is it true that you serve people special cuisine that was not in the menu?

I read it on a blog with Mr. Pierre Duval. He’s a food critic.

What did you let him eat?

(The talkative man couldn’t help but to ask questions.)

 

Luisa:

Mr. Pierre Duval?

 

Customer 5:

Yes. He’s a famous food critique. Usually he blogs everything including pictures, taste, and the mood… but, when I looked at his latest blog last last night… All that was written there were the name of the restaurant and his impression.

(He smiled.)

I came all the way from Venice just to experience a unique service.

 

Luisa:

I’m so sorry, young man but we only have a simple restaurant. Nothing is special about it except we serve our food with love.

(She giggled)

 

Customer 5:

Madame, I think your restaurant has magic.

(He smiled while preparing his camera.)

I also read it from another blog. That blog is entitled “Food for the Gods” your restaurant is very much recommended.

By the way, I am Volya Konstantin. I am a Russian photographer and I work in a magazine in Venice.

 

Luisa:

Oh I see.

What can I do for you?

 

Customer 5:

May I interview your young chef?

 

        Luisa was excited for her baby Carlos and called him immediately; however, Mingyu refused.

 

Luisa:

This is a great opportunity, my boy.

(She was surprised because he did not want to do the interview.)

 

Mingyu:

I don’t like, Zia.

 

Luisa:

And the reason, my beloved nephew?

 

Mingyu:

I just want to serve food and not talk about it.

 

Luisa:

Oh Carlos! I thought you would like to be a great chef someday?

 

Mingyu:

I just want to be successful not a great or a legendary one.

 

Luisa:

But he said, your food will be featured.

 

Mingyu:

I don’t need titles, Zia.

And besides, there’s nothing special about my food. I just want people to taste what I cook for them.

 

Luisa:

But it’s a master piece, son.

(Trying to persuade him more.)

 

Mingyu:

Zia, many customers are waiting outside.

 

Luisa:

(Let out a deep sigh)

Okay… I won’t force you if you don’t want to.

I’ll talk to him.

 

Mingyu:

(He smiled)

Thank you, Zia. I love you so much.

 

Luisa:

I love you too, our baby Carlos.

(She smiled gently.)

 

        Accidentally, the angel who just went down to help, heard everything and it amazed Jeonghan on how Mingyu thinks of everything. Although he has a gift to create delicious food, he wanted to remain simple. Without knowing it, Jeonghan formed a sweet smile on his face.

 

Jeonghan:

Annyeong Hasaeyo, Mingyu-ya.

(He greeted him with a sweet voice.)

 

Mingyu:

(He was surprised and was also captured by the sweet voice.)

Oh! Annyeong Hasaeyo, Jeonghan-ah.

(He smiled prettily for him.)

 

Jeonghan:

Need help?

 

Mingyu:

Can you reach me the plate?

 

Jeonghan:

Sure.

Anything else?

 

Mingyu:

As usual, Jeonghan…. Get the orders.

(He sent him a cute quick blink with his charming smile.)

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

 

Mingyu:

Thank you. I’ll cook our breakfast in a while, just wait a little longer.

 

Jeonghan:

No problem. I’ll always wait for your food even if it takes me a long time.

(He giggled)

 

Mingyu:

I won’t let you wait long.

(Then, he flashed his y canine teeth.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Got to go.

 

 

        Jeonghan ran quickly to the receiving area to help Luisa. After the last customer went out, they immediately closed the door and wrote “We’re on a break” & “The restaurant will resume at 1:00 in the afternoon.” They were forced to close their shop for one hour and now they had to eat for Brunch as fast as they could.

 

Simone:

What a busy day!

(He rejoiced)

 

        Then, one moment, someone knocked on the door even if they were on a break. Mingyu opened the door and saw that it was their customer from the morning.

 

Volya Konstantin:

Hi!

Ummm…. Sorry to interrupt…

 

Mingyu:

(He identified him as the man who works for a magazine.)

Sorry but I won’t do the interview, sir.

 

Volya Konstantin:

Oh! You must be the young chef.

(He smiled politely.)

I am Volya Konstantin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter