Prologue - Decision

M a r k e d

It was the moment when Taehyung woke up once again beside the unconscious beta, whose injuries were no longer life threatening is what Seokjin had informed him when he merely remained silent as he stared down at his best friend’s pale face, hands entwined with one another.

It wasn’t meant for him to know, the omega knows because Jeongguk would have made sure everyone should remain tight lipped about the situation, but the alpha doctor could not remain silent on the matter.

Everyone in the pack knew how much the two meant to each other, platonic soulmates as Taehyung proudly put it in the past as he ignored the heated stare his alpha gave in his direction, and it was because of that, the doctor spoke quietly to him,

“He was ambushed on his way back home from his two day business trip, there was no way to have known they would be there waiting like the cowards that they are,” The doctor bites down on his already puffy lower lip, as if in debate within himself before he lets out a sigh, “Jeongguk…” Seokjin doesn’t miss the way Taehyung’s eyes almost shine at the name,” …there’s talk of how he thinks the attack was planned...and it maybe from the people who murdered Nayeon that had it done.”

It took a few seconds for the words to register just how severe the situation was, as if it wasn’t before, but once it does Taehyung lets out a pitiful sound before bringing the beta’s hand closer to his chest, squeezing the hand tightly as if he were afraid to let it go.

There were no traces, word nor attacks from the ones who made the warning those months ago. It had remained quiet, suspicious and Taehyung was naive enough to believe maybe they had backed off, let everything go, but now-

Now it was clear the game has just begun, the beginning of the end for his family, for all of them.

It causes fear to strike within him, enough for him to really look at the situation around him with clear eyes – Everything leading up until this very moment, from every strike that they took towards their pack, it never left as much of an impact as this new attack did.

Their whole pack will begin to crumble at the new enemy who seem to know where and who to go after first.

It would be safe to say they knew who Jimin was, how much he kept the pack together and how much he was centered on the good atmosphere in the group because Jimin is one of the most important person in the eyes of the omega who in turn was the most precious person to the head alpha, Jeongguk.

Strike the beta and the whole function of the pack begins to slowly fall apart, it was a smart move.

It causes the omega to think about what this meant for everyone and more importantly for himself,

Events leading towards this moment, from the moment he was attacked up until the moment, the horrifying moment of finding out Jeongguk had murdered someone in cold blood with little to no remorse because he was filled with grief and anger,

His mate was no longer someone Taehyung could recognize, at some point over the past year Jeongguk began to become cold and whether it be because of the responsibility of maintaining the whole pack, alliances and to make sure no one could over throw him from his position – the omega doesn’t know.

What Taehyung does know is the alpha is becoming someone he felt animosity towards, someone who no longer thinks of the consequences of his actions and reacts purely on instincts, reckless in endangering the whole pack so long as he could get what he wants.

Because Jeongguk is someone who will always have it his way and take what he wants,

This all pointed towards one thing, Taehyung realizes he no longer wants to be a part of this life.

A soft groan of pain causes the omega to swipe his thoughts as if now realizing he was not alone, becoming alarmed as the noise continues from below him,

“Jimin?” The name was said delicately as the omega stares in worry as the beta almost squirms, his face scrunched up in discomfort, but their hands remain intact.

The beta opens his eyes almost immediately at the call of his name, almost on instinct as he recognized the deep voice of his best friend,

The voice trembles as tears of relief begin to release itself, “Hey, welcome back” Taehyung says as his shoulders shudder and his grip tightens on the beta’s hand,

Lips upturn slowly as the beta reaches out with his free hand, gently wiping away the omega’s tears, “You still remain the biggest crybaby, huh?” Though his voice is rasp from sleeping the days away as his body heals, it doesn’t stop the beta from teasing Taehyung if only to see a smile.

Because seeing Taehyung cry is something Jimin has never liked unless they were tears of happiness and these were not, he could see it in the omega’s expression and eyes.

Unable to respond, Taehyung slowly lowers himself until he was eye to eye with the beta (his previous position was higher because it felt as he were protecting Jimin from the world) before he lets out a sound of anguish and buries his face into the chest of the beta’s.

Because no matter how many times Seokjin had told the omega that Jimin was no longer in the danger zone, that he would wake up as soon as his body decides it was the best time, it doesn’t matter because Taehyung refused to believe it until he could face Jimin when he was awake,

So it was relief that has him an emotional wreck on the beta’s chest who was beginning to weep himself,

“S’okay, pup. I got you, I’m here” The beta says as he holds onto the omega, though his sore body protests at the weight on him, Jimin would never deny the comfort his best friend is seeking.

Because the beta knows all too well what Taehyung was currently feeling.

It took a few hours to coax the omega to allow himself to take care of himself, because Taehyung remained by the beta’s side almost unmoving for the past few days, and it was when the spray of water hits his body that the words of the female alpha all those months ago run through his mind,

“Find a way out of this life”

The relief of having Jimin wake up, to see as well as hear him move around and talk caused the previous thoughts to be thrown away for the time being, but now,

Now Taehyung feels himself dread because he knows what he wants and he knows he will do everything to have it happen,

Even as he steps forward towards the infirmary, it became all too clear what will happen over the next few weeks as he stares at the beta who was currently resting – there will be a time where he would no longer be by his side and it will come as soon as Jimin is finally healthy once again.

Taking in a quiet breath, Taehyung walks towards the bed before lowering himself, careful of the beta’s injuries and to be sure he doesn’t disturb him from his sleep.

The position is uncomfortable at best, his left leg is hanging off the edge, but Taehyung doesn’t mind it so much as he takes hold of the beta’s hand once again into his own.

Taehyung will take each and every advantage to spend what time he has left with Jimin,

Until he leaves this small city and the pack behind.

Hello my loves !!

Before you guys get upset, no this not the official update! As the title says, this is the prologue that wasn't really meant to happen, but it leads up to the official chapter !

It would look off it I posted it along with it lol

I wonder if I gave enough hints as to what is to come for the next chapter? HMMM (ὸ⍸ό)✧

also please don't be upset this is vmin centric, as I said before Jimin is a huge part of Taehyung's life and it connects !! please remember that lol

Anyway, I hope I will be able to post the official one today or tomorrow, I added a few last minute details (this was supposed to be a 300 word thing, but whoops) so again please forgive me for the super late update ㅠㅠ

It is coming though !! And I can't wait to see your thoughts on it o(^∀^)o

Thank you so, so much for reading !!♡

See you guys in the official update♡♡