Unfolding

M a r k e d

trtrt_zpsafhffebr.gif

 

The night was relatively quiet, lax in the sense not much activity going on business wise for the pack, the quiet chatter of the members act as some sort of familiar music to the omega,

Who is currently basking in the affection his mate was giving him, he sighs content in the warmth radiating from his alpha, curling himself in the safe arms of Jeongguk.

It was quite a wild ride the past few weeks, one that has the omega opening his eyes and it was in the less than positive ways.

One that has him, on more than one occasion, rethinking his position in the group.

Taehyung was never a member of the ‘club’, Jeongguk would rather be dead than to involve him in business matters, but that does not keep what happens going on with the club from reaching his sight nor ears.

His patience, his trust, slowly wearing thin as matters became worst.

Jeongguk was doing his best, the omega was more than proud of his alpha, but the truth of the matter is – nothing could keep the city safe which in turn meant nothing could keep the members’ safe, his family.

Of course Jeongguk would never outright tell him what was going on anymore, at one point in their relationship in the past they were able to share everything, nothing was kept hidden which included the pack’s business matters, but his alpha has been silent - refusing to budge when Taehyung asked.

Taehyung knew it was Jeongguk’s way of trying to protect him, but what would that matter if something were to happen? To either of them.

It was with luck Jimin was one to not keep the truth away from him, more than willing to keep the omega updated on what exactly was happening – the night a year ago still fresh in the beta’s mind.

It would be the worst decision to keep the omega in the dark in such hard times.

Taehyung could see how the situation is affecting his mate, the weight of the growing threats, responsibility, rolls off in waves in the alpha’s body language, his face cold and closed off each time Jeongguk came home at night.

When they lay in bed together past midnight, with threaded fingers that seem to fit perfectly, Taehyung would whisper loving words onto the skin of his alpha’s, the omega would see worry reflecting in his gaze as they look down upon him.

The concern would linger in his mind as Taehyung slowly lowers himself to rid the thoughts swirling in his mate’s mind, it was one of the things he could do to help.

To relieve his alpha of stress even for a fleeting moment.

Taehyung blinks as his eyes dry at staring into nothing for a long period of time.

The omega shifts to look up only to see his alpha looking down at him, eyes fond.

“Sleep,” Voice soft as he reaches up to trail his hand against the alpha’s jaw, noting the way the bags under his mate’s eyes continue to grow.

Jeongguk merely smiles before reaching over to place a butterfly kiss against his wrist, “Sleep with me?”

Taehyung crinkles his nose, his smile growing wide as the worry fades as he concentrates his attention on his mate. “I have to pass.” The moment the words leave his lips, Jeongguk is frowning, pouting.

The omega snorts in amusement. “Jimin needs to talk to me, alpha.” He coos at the cute display.

Jeongguk grumbles before wrapping his arms around the omega’s waist, frown deepening when he notices, feels, how thin his mate has gotten. “Screw him, he can wait until tomorrow.”

Snickering, Taehyung places small kisses against the male’s chest in apology.

“Stop being such a baby.”

The omega perks up at the voice of his best friend, ready to sit up to greet him, but Jeongguk’s tightening hold prevents him from doing so.

So childish, he thought with fondness.

“Come on, boss. I need to borrow your mate, you can have him back in five hours.”

Both omega and beta laugh at the growl of displeasure Jeongguk lets out.

The familiar ringing of a phone distracts Taehyung as Jeongguk argues with Jimin over how long the omega is allowed to be away from him.

Stretching as much as he was able to, Taehyung looks over the couch only to catch sight of how distress Yoongi was currently looking, his face paler than normal.

This was not a good sign.

“What’s wrong, Tae?”

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk before looking at Jimin, both seemed worried of how quiet the omega suddenly became.

“Something’s not right, Guk.” Voice soft as his hand unconsciously grips the white shirt his alpha was wearing.

Jeongguk looks at his omega with worry, his eyes searching to see if he could find what was bothering his mate, his hand on the soft unmarred cheek. “What is it?”

“Jeongguk.”

The trio turn to Yoongi, Taehyung already bracing himself for the worst.

“Sana just called, we need to go.” His voice grave, his expression no better.

Silence fills the air as Jeongguk stares into Yoongi’s eyes before he sighs, his body tensing.

“Okay.” The alpha says as he makes to get up, careful not to jostle his omega too much.

“Taehyung needs to come too.”

Jeongguk’s body goes rigid at the words before he shakes his head, his lips pressing themselves into a straight line.

“No, he does not.” The alpha says calmly, his eyes narrowing at the grey alpha.

Yoongi shakes his head, his eyes lowering submissively. “He has too, Jeongguk. Something…something happened to Sana’s mate.”

The words hang in the air as Taehyung looks up at his hyung, eyes wide as the worst thing passes his mind.

“Nayeon?” The voice is filled with disbelief, almost breathless, “What happened, hyung?” Taehyung presses as he turns, going on his knees to face the grey alpha. “Tell me.” Voice pleading because he was close to the female omega.

Yoongi refuses to meet his eyes, “We have to go, now Jeongguk.” Is all he says before turning to leave.

Taehyung goes to reach for the grey alpha, his hand shaking, but the touch of Jeongguk distracts the omega for the moment.

“Come on, Taehyung.” His alpha says softly.

The omega doesn’t protest as his mate helps him up from the couch, guiding him towards the front.

Jeongguk’s grip tightens when Taehyung tries to make his way towards the grey alpha who keeps his distance.

The feeling of something terrible is about to show itself grows in his stomach, his mind slowly shutting down at the thoughts of all possibilities.

If it were not for the hold his alpha currently has on him, Taehyung would be swaying on his feet – unable to handle the simple task as walking normally.

Jeongguk helps the omega onto the bike, gentle with his handling as his eyes stays focused on the robotic movements of his mate.

The alpha could see how dazed his mate is, his eyes as well as his face are completely blank.

A mask, Jeongguk called it, shows itself when danger lurks around, something the omega does as a defense mechanism to block out any emotion.

It was something the alpha detest when his mate goes into this state, uncomfortable with the action that denies him access of reading his mate’s emotions.

Gently cupping Taehyung’s cheeks, he connects their foreheads together.

“I’m sure she’s fine, Taehyung.” Voice soft as his nose graze his mate’s, wanting to soothe his distress omega.

The action causes Taehyung’s eyes to focus on Jeongguk, the mask chips away as his eyes fill with unshed tears.

His lower lip trembles, “Promise?” Voice rasp,

Because the thought of losing someone so close would devastate the omega.

Jeongguk nods as his hand comes to cup the back of Taehyung’s head, bringing him closer as buries his face on the side of the omega’s head.

His lips gently brush against the silky strands of hair as the word falls.

“Promise.”

It was a senseless assurance to give his mate, false hope no less, but when Jeongguk feels Taehyung relax in his hold.

The pointless promise was worth it even when the inevitable consequences come.

-

Once they arrive at the location Sana gave Yoongi, they were met with the sight of her pack members.

Red face, tear stricken members, from behind he could feel Taehyung begin to tremble.

Before Jeongguk could make a move to stop his omega, Taehyung was out of his seat and running over to one of the closes member.

“Tzuyu, what’s wrong?” His voice hesitant when he comes closer to the omega, hand in the air uselessly as if to offer reassurance.

The youngest of the family of TWICE looks up at him, pretty face screwed into a sorrowful expression.

“She’s dead.”

The words hit his chest, Taehyung stares at the young omega dumbly, unable to grasp the reality of the situation as his arm falls limply at his side.

There was no way.

at his drying lips as words fail him, the longer he stood in front of the crying Tzuyu the more the situation is blaring at him, but-

No way is Nayeon dead, she was one of the strongest omega Taehyung has ever known.

She could not be gone, Jeongguk promised she was okay-

Almost robotically, Taehyung turns away from the crying omega as he makes the decision to run to find their pack’s alpha, Sana.

This has to be a mistake, it has to be.

Sana would clear the confusion and Taehyung could find Tzuyu again to tell her the news.

The thought sounds so rational in his mind.

Scenting the air to locate the female alpha was a mistake once the familiar smell of the omega as well as iron fills his nostrils.

Hands cover over his nose, preventing the omega from further smelling the carnage.

The familiar scent of mate slowly relaxes his stiffening body, tears slowly trek down his cheeks.

As much as Taehyung wants to lash out at the fact that his mate gave him false hope, has lied to him, but this wasn’t about him feeling hurt,

It was about the fact that Nayeon was gone.

Just the thought has his chest constricting painfully.

Movement catches his eyes, his back still towards Jeongguk, and he sees it was Sana – Sana who was kneeling beside something on the ground-

Inhaling sharply once the omega catches sight at the blood staining the alpha’s hand, noticing the way her shoulders were trembling.

Taehyung struggles to free himself from the hold of his alpha, wanting, needing to see his deceased friend.

Denial still processing in his system because it could not be true, everyone was lying.

This was a prank, it has to be.

It has to be, it has to be all a lie, it has-

“Taehyung, calm down.” The alpha’s soothing voice coming out muddle as his heart begins to pick up speed, his breathing picking up quickly.

This has to be-

Taehyung could no longer breathe, his throat constricts with bile as his whole body shakes.

Nayeon

“Go speak to Sana, Jeongguk. I have him, go.” The voice is soft, tinged with worry. “She needs someone right now.”

Hands grab at his face once the warmth of his alpha is gone, his vision is filled with a worry Jimin, his eyes red rimmed as he speaks,

“Breathe, Tae. Come on pup, it’s okay, it’s okay I’m here.”

Strong arms wrap themselves around the omega, the hold tight, desperate as they hold onto him.

Taehyung lets out a small whimper, his vision blurry as he buries his face against the beta’s neck.

“Tell me it’s a lie, Jimin.” The omega whispers, his voice thick with sorrow.

The commotion from just behind goes unnoticed as the beta rocks the weeping omega in his arms, trying to soothe him.

“Why the are you crying!? Why does he need comfort for when this is all his fault!?” Jeongyeon screams, face blotchy as she storms towards them.

Taehyung flinches at the harsh words, confusion in his eyes as he pulls away from his best friend.

“What-“

“What the hell is your problem?” Yoongi growls as he steps in her way, preventing the female omega from stepping any closer to their leader’s mate.

His stance defensive because the alpha has no way to know what exactly she was planning to do.

Jeongyeon stares at the grey alpha with fury in her eyes, “This is Taehyung’s fault! Nayeon was murdered because of his alpha’s actions from when he was kidnapped.” She snaps at the second in command.

Taehyung lets a noise of confusion, side stepping Jimin going as far as to ignore the protest, the hands which try to prevent him from going any further, as he steps closer to the angry omega.

The accusation has no connection to his kidnapping, there was no way – it happened a year ago, why would it be brought up again?

Jeongyeon?”

The female omega looks into the eyes of Taehyung, her eyes reflecting the emotional turmoil the others in her pack were no doubt feeling as well.

“Jeongguk went on a rampage when you were gone those three days, he murdered someone’s innocent mate in frustration.” Her voice is cold, her expression twisted in anger.

“Because of you, Nayeon became their target to get their message to your alpha.” The words comes out in disgust, resentment, “Since we’re your ally, your packs strongest, they came after our alpha’s mate.”

Taehyung stares at the female omega in disbelief, his head shaking automatically as Jimin tries to pull him away from sight.

There was no way his Jeongguk would ever commit an act as something as heinous as that, not to anyone innocent.

This has to be lie, something to be planted to cause a rift between the two packs because they were in fact the strongest even standing alone.

Together as they ally themselves to create a strong front, anyone who was greedy would want to see that destroy.

To have them turn against one another.

The action causes the female omega to sneer, her fingers snapping in command to the other girls.

Automatically the strongest in their pack, Momo, Mina and their youngest Chaeyoung, restrain Yoongi and Jimin, despite how much they struggle they were forced on the ground as Jeongyeon grabs at Taehyung roughly.

The female omega drags the confused, hurt Taehyung towards the front where he now sees Sana restraining his alpha, Jeongguk’s face twist in anger when he catches sight of the two.

“Jeongguk?” His gaze turns towards the leader of TWICE, who meets his eyes directly.

Taehyung could see nothing in them,

Fear creeps up his spine as Jeongyeon kicks the back of his knees, causing him to fall to the ground with a grunt.

Her hand grabs the back of his neck, lifting his head to see-

Taehyung lets out a choked sound at the sight of the bloody body of Nayeon’s, her body beaten bloody and purple, no inch of skin left untouched.

His eyes fall onto the shaft sticking out of her stomach, the weapon pierced her mid-section, and it causes his body to tremble as the sinking feeling grows - the murder was personal.

This wasn’t a simple, senseless murder, no one would purposely take their time murdering their victim like they have done with Nayeon – not unless they seek something in retaliation, a statement.

The female omega presses Taehyung’s face closer to the corpse, his body fighting against the action as his eyes closes shut tight.

Though the action causes nothing to change, the image already engraved into his mind as he sees the bloody body from behind closed lids.

“This is your fault, Taehyung.” Jeongyeon growls lowly as her free hand comes to squeeze both sides of his cheeks together, the action painful, “Look at what you did to Nayeon”

The sounds of their pack members shouting in the background fades as he opens his eyes to stare at the dead body of his dearest friend.

“I would never want her to hurt, she was my friend, Jeongyeon.” The omega whimpers out, his head uselessly shake against the strong hold in protest.

“She’s dead because of you, Taehyung.”

“Enough!” The harsh, dominant voice of his alphas causes Taehyung to flinch. “This was in no way his fault, Jeongyeon, step the down and let him go. Now!

Jeongyeon takes the pistol from her waist band to bring it to Taehyung’s head, the safety clicking off, “You are in no position to give me orders, you piece of .”

It felt as if the world came to a standstill, everyone around the two seemed to hold their breath as Jeongyeon presses the barrel of the gun harshly against Taehyung’s head, her eyes dangerous, wild, her teeth bared.

The bubble pops when the pretty beta of TWICE steps forward, her face pale and full of worry,

“Jeongyeon, enough, please alpha tell her to stop.” Jihyo pleads, her scent in distress as her hands come up in front of her as she moves towards her friend, “Taehyung is Nayeon’s close friend out of the pack, she wouldn’t want this at all.”

It takes a tense moment before Sana lets Jeongguk go, her face covered by the strands of blonde hair.

“Let him go, Jeongyeon. He is innocent in all of this, Jihyo’s right, Nayeon would never forgive us if we harm him.”

The female omega lets out a frustrated sound as she roughly pushes Taehyung to the ground, his cheek connects with the grimy ground.

Metallic fills his nostrils as the wet, cold blood of Nayeon’s coats itself against the omega’s cheek.

“This ally would come to an end if it were not for Taehyung, Jeongguk. Jeongyeon is right, this is indeed your fault.” The sound of rustling paper comes, “This was left on her when we-“The voice pauses, overwhelmed of reliving the tragedy again, “When we found her along with this photo”

Taehyung lays there, his mind running a mile a minute, the stench of the dead grows stronger.

The murder was obviously personal, so the words…the words Jeongyeon spewed at him a few minutes ago were true?

Did Jeongguk murder someone innocent? Someone’s mate?

All in anger

Jeongguk was temperamental in some instances, but Taehyung would have never thought it would get to the point of murder,

His alpha committed the act because of Taehyung,

Which in turns stains the hands of his own with Nayeon’s murder.

The gentle touch of someone pulling him up doesn’t register in his mind until the female alpha was in his line of sight, his heart thumps at the action.

“You are not at fault for this, Taehyung.” The lack of emotion in the alpha’s voice causes dread to fill him, “I am sorry for the words Jeongyeon has said, forgive her. She…we are not in the right state of mind.” The omega simply nods at the words with wide eyes, unable to find his voice.

Soft hands cup his cheeks, gently swiping at the blood staining his left cheek, Sana leans closer,

“Leave this world. Find a way out of this life, Taehyung. I don’t want to see you end the way, my darling did.” The voice is tinged with sorrow, regret, “Because you will, the longer you stay with Jeongguk.”

The words sound sincere, concern, not a hint of malice in the alpha’s voice.

As Sana pulls away, Taehyung stares at the female alpha with tearful apologetic eyes.

No matter what the alpha has said before, this was as much as his fault as Jeongguk’s.

If Taehyung were not kidnapped that day, Nayeon would still be alive,

This would have never happen.

“Stay safe Taehyung.” For me, the words are unspoken from the alpha, but the omega hears it.

As they depart, Jeongyeon as well as Jihyo gather Nayeon’s lifeless body.

The smell of the TWICE pack are a mix of anger, sorrow, as well as regret.

Jeongguk immediately goes to his mate, needing to check if he were injured or not.

Once in close proximity his arms wrap around the omega’s slim body, his face immediately dipping towards his neck, his senses filling with his mate’s scent.

The scent of home calms the alpha down immediately, anything could have happened to Taehyung – Jeongyeon’s crazed eyes were a promise.

Jeongguk has to be careful, he has to protect his omega better, no harm would ever happen to him-

“Was Jeongyeon telling the truth, Jeongguk, did you murder someone innocent?” The small voice comes from above, the question has his stomach churning uncomfortably.

“If this were me, lying dead at your feet…if the roles were reversed, would you have let her walked free?”

Taehyung stands there limp, his arms remaining at his side as he feels his alpha freeze.

Silence is all the reply the omega receives.

Swallowing the lump growing his throat, with the power of will he has left within, he pushes his mate away,

Though it wasn’t too hard with the alpha remaining frozen, his face darkens at the implication.

Almost nodding his head in resolution, Taehyung passes his alpha, his walk determined as he goes straight towards Jeongguk’s second in command,

Because nothing Jeongguk ever does goes without the grey alpha by his side.

“Did your boss murder someone innocent, Yoongi?” The question falls off wobbly, afraid of the answer he will receive.

The grey alpha merely stares at him, his expression carefully blank.

The words were not spoken, but the treatment, the radio silence by not only Jeongguk, but as well as Yoongi speaks volumes to the omega.

Desperately the omega turns to his best friend, his body slowly hunching over,

“Jimin, please…” Taehyung says because there was a sliver of hope that this was wrong, “I have the right to know, tonight my friend was murder because of this speculation, so please-“

“I’m sorry, Taehyung.” The beta looks torn as he stares from the omega to their leader, “It’s true.” His eyes lower to the ground, lower lip between his teeth.

The loyalty between the duo remains far stronger than anything he could have with their leader.

“What did she say to you, Taehyung?” Jeongguk asks before the omega could react to the words that knocked the breath out of his system.

The alpha had watch as the leader of TWICE spoke to his omega, carefully watched as his mate expression changed with whatever was said.

What did Sana say?” The authoritative tone is one Jeongguk would never use on Taehyung, but something in the back of his mind urges him to know.

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk as if he lost his mind, “Why?”

“Tell me!” The alpha commands, his brows furrowing in warning.

The omega startles at the raise in voice before he clenches his teeth, his lips sneering. “Since you want to know so badly, she gave me advice, one that I realize I should consider taking.”

Taehyung takes a step further away from Jeongguk, catching the alpha off guard, “She told me to run as far as I can away from you and I think she’s right.”

Jeongguk looks at his mate as if he were psychically struck by the words.

“Because the longer I stay secures the way I leave this world in a body bag. Or maybe minced into pieces, what do you think Jeongguk?”

Nothing but death seems to follow the life they all live in

Yoongi looks at the omega whose eyes were now blank, the situation was turning into something neither of them could ever return to, the grey alpha has to stop this before it gets out of hand,

“You are an impulsive, egoistic, short tempered alpha who had my friend murder tonight! I refuse to stay by someone’s side-“

The animalistic growl is the only warning anyone gets before Taehyung is roughly pinned against concrete, an arm pressing itself against the neck of the omega’s.

Enough omega.” The voice snarls in warning.

It sounds nothing like the warm voice of his Jeongguk.

The one he used to know.

No this was someone completely different, one who is being consumed by this bloody thirsty world right before his eyes,

Taehyung refuses to meet the glowing eyes of the infuriated alpha, his wolf side cowering at the dominance displayed.

“They will go after all of our alliances, Jeongguk. They made that clear tonight, to separate us, leave us bare before they sink their teeth into our necks.” The omega rasps out, his throat bobbing, “We know nothing other than the fact they seek for revenge of the innocent soul you murdered a year ago.”

Taehyung eyes flicker to meet Jeongguk’s, “Before you know it, I will only end up like Nayeon.”

“I will never let anyone harm you again, Taehyung.” The tone is strong, the alpha’s face set in determination.

Taehyung lips curl at the promise, his eyes closing at how blindly the alpha seems about the situation, “You can never prevent that from happening, Jeongguk, unless I leave and you let me go.”

The harsh breathing from Jeongguk is all he hears, he leans backwards, his head knocking against the wall.

Answers, he desperately needs them, “Why did you do it?”

Make this right, please let the reason be

“I was searching for you that night.”

Taehyung hums in response,

Don’t let the murder be for nothing,

“All I wanted was to find you and that person was frustrating to the point I lost my temper.”

Wrong, wrong, wrong,

The omega opens his eyes and looks his alpha in the eyes, anger reflecting in his own, the next words are icy, “You never found me, I was delivered at your doorstep.”

For the second time that day Taehyung rejects the alpha, pushing the male away from him, “You killed someone innocent and Nayeon had to pay the price for your mistake, for failing to find me.” His voice is cold, “Now we all have targets on our backs because of your impulse and anger.”

Betrayal sinks into his heart as he ignores the others in favor of blinking away the tears growing, his friend is gone, his alpha hid something heinous.

His walk towards the black van is unstable, his mind running a mile a minute at the event that has taken place,

Of the information laid before him for his eyes to see, to properly look at the life they all live in.

His mate had murder someone innocent in his kidnapping which in turn punished Nayeon who had nothing to do with this, what else happened when he was taken?

Why would Jeongguk act so brashly without thinking of the consequences?

All acts of wrong doing will always come back to haunt the person,

Running a hand through his hair as he stares at the reflection the van gave of him, he stands there for a moment as the burn of today continues to go through him.

The events of the last year would never heal, the scar of the incident still remains (his left arm a permanent reminder), and the continued threat of others trying to overpower their pack, and now a fresh enemy in the air-

It was too much, it was becoming overwhelming for the omega,

No alpha would stop until everyone involved in the murder of their mate was found and killed.

Had this been Jeongguk, no stone would be left unturned.

This whole lifestyle was never safe, Taehyung knew that, but now – now the pack was beyond saving.

Taehyung focuses on the familiar reflection behind him,

Jeongguk was already staring directly at his figure, his face skewed by the vehicle.

The words he spat out at his alpha rang true, Taehyung refuses to stay by someone’s side who has no control over themselves.

And it seems Jeongguk is losing himself,

Sana’s words ring in his mind as he slides the door open,

“Find a way out of this life, Taehyung”

The omega thinks she is right,

Maybe he does need to leave this life behind him.

The thoughts echo in his mind as he closes the door shut.

 

 

©

So, what did you think about Sana's words, Taehyung's resolution of leaving (there's more to it!)? I feel like they were justified because she has a small affectionate with his connection with Nayeon!

I accidentally lied about Taken being the only long drabble I would write for this series :')

Also I know I said Taehyung's leaving would be the next update, but the whole fiasco of accidentally posting my drafts that week I updated...I, no lol

That will be posted next time though!( ᐛ )و

The timeline will actually follow each other, I have one short drabble written and ready though, but it's after Taehyung leaves :(

I'm writing about how they first met and it's a little frustrating because it could go multiple ways, I can't make up my mind (´・_・`)

Also thank you to those who left comments regarding the update chapter, I truly, truly appreciate it so much!ㅠㅠ

I apologize if there any mistakes, I'm so tired sorry!

Oh! How are you guys loving the comeback? I absolutely adore Go Go's performances :'D

I love this minion so much♡

Take care lovelys~♡

(also oh my god, thank you all so, so much for 91 subscribers!!!!!ㅠㅠㅠㅠ it means the absolute world of all your support!!!)

Thank you so much for reading!♡