Misfortune(s)

M a r k e d

0d9692ef88ad2f0005395562c533b2860cf8ddf2.gifv

TW: Suicide attempt-ish - will star it for warning!

 

All the omega has known since being here for over a week is the white walls decorating his rooms, the softness of the bed he sleeps in and Yoongi.

There was never a whiff nor has he caught sight of Jeongguk.

The first night in the room, he was terrified as he watches the clock hanging above the dresser tick away as the shadows in the room continue to become darker until they essentially vanished as it turns to night.

Once it was midnight all Taehyung could do was pace around the room, fingernails in between his teeth as he bites away nervously until he was exhausted and by then it was three in the morning.

He took to the bed as he settled in, his eyes heavy as he stares at the door waiting for it to open and for Jeongguk to come through those doors.

Taehyung waits until he ultimately falls asleep and wakes up to find no scent of the alpha being in the room.

He doesn’t know whether to be relieved or scared because why would Jeongguk bring him all the way back and not see him?

Either way he counts this as a blessing for now even though he is heavy with drowsiness for staying up so late.

Taehyung doesn’t know what he was allowed to do, wasn’t given instruction by Seokjin nor Yoongi who was the one to lead him here and he’s a little too intimidated to wander off on his own.

Which was a little priceless because he would have never thought he would ever be in this position – not when he thought he was leaving this all behind a year ago.

Taehyung goes to wash his face and brush his teeth, mundane activities that felt wrong in this situation.

As he thinks more about it, he wonders why Jeongguk hasn’t put him in a secluded place where there would not be an option of walking out.

There has to be something to it and Taehyung wants to find out, but before he could give it more thought his stomach gurgles for attention.

With his lower lip in between his teeth, Taehyung eyes the entrance of the room as he walks out the bathroom and throws caution to the wind as he opens the doors.

Peeking his head out, he sees no one but as he looks around the halls he looks up to see a camera directed towards his doors and he understands why no one was currently guarding his doors.

They were watching him and if he were to continue to look around he would see even more cameras.

Taehyung breathes in, though no one was around he still feels boxed in but he tries not to think about it as he walked down the halls, a memory in his mind as he recalls the way he would be running around here with Jimin on his tail – there was one memory where he accidentally ran straight into Jeongguk’s arms, he could almost hear his past-self squealing in delight and it hurts.

Swallowing the lump in his throat as he rounds the same corner, he rids of the memory when no one greets him much to his relief as he walks down the ever growing halls.

Taehyung’s gaze is on the ground as he tries to keep himself together, the walls are so familiar they feel suffocating because he never wanted to experience the feeling again.

He was foolish and a part of him wonders if the reason he remained in that small town was for the alpha to find him and for what?

Before he could go further into his thought he collides into someone and his heart stops beating for a second as he balances himself to keep from falling.

His eyes raise towards to the person and sees a beta, he notices the sneer on his face and backs away an apology ready on his lips.

Taehyung is pushed to the ground with the beta on top of him, he sees the fury in his eyes and there’s a knife raised just above the omega.

 His eyes widen at the weapon before he lets out a shaky breath. “D-do it” he says quietly as he stares up at the guy. “I messed up your alpha, I betrayed him so do it.” He says quickly.

This would be his way out to freedom, Taehyung is desperate at this point to get away because he knows his fate in the club is hopeless.

The beta stops momentarily in mute shock. “W-what”

In that next moment a shot is heard and Taehyung trembles as he stares up at the beta whose eyes have gone lifeless and before he could blink the body drops on him.

Taehyung let’s out a soft plea as he tries to get the lifeless body off him, there are tears in his eyes because of the way blood smears on his hands.

“” Someone above says as Taehyung panics with the body still on top of him.

“You are okay, Taehyung.” It takes a moment for the omega to realize the gravel voice is speaking to him until hands are helping him up.

Taehyung stares at the pale hands wrapped around his wrists before trailing up to see Yoongi, the alpha is looking up at him with hard eyes as he looks him over. “You’re not hurt are you?”

Blinking slowly he looks beside him, but before he could look further Yoongi is in his face. “Are you hurt?” Yoongi repeats and Taehyung shakes his head unable to speak at the moment.

The alpha looks skeptical, but doesn’t push it as he forces Taehyung to move, leading the way to wherever the alpha wants to go and Taehyung lets him.

He thinks he’s in shock as Yoongi washes his hands for him and he belatedly realizes they were in one of the bathrooms.

“Y-you didn’t have to kill him” He finally speaks up quietly as tears slide down his pale cheeks, he feels the alpha pause in his cleaning before he continues.

Yoongi dries his hands and Taehyung feels like a child as the alpha wipes at his face, he wonders if there was blood on it.

“He was going to kill you, of course I did.” Yoongi says as he stares up at Taehyung once he was done cleaning the omega up, his eyes are searching for something and the omega looks away. “I promised Jeongguk I would protect you.”

Taehyung wants to say he would have preferred if the beta had killed him, but he doesn’t. “Thank you” He says instead.

“Why were you wandering the halls in the first place.”

It wasn’t a question.

As if on cue Taehyung’s stomach growls loudly.

“You’re hungry?” Yoongi watches as the omega nods in response instead of answering, he sighs. “We are going to back to your room and I will bring you back something instead.”

It was the best option right now, there was no telling whether or not something like this would happen again, Yoongi would also need to stop by Jeongguk’s office first.

“Okay…” He says soft enough for Yoongi to pick and the alpha doesn’t think twice in grabbing the omega’s hand, leading the way back.

Every passing person they come across openly stare at the two, Yoongi pays no mind and Taehyung keeps his head down, though it makes his stomach queasy at the sight of blood.

They don’t pass by the body, Yoongi taking a different route for the sake of the omega.

Once they come to the familiar doors, Taehyung feels himself almost collapse in relief at the sight.

“Any request for food?”

Taehyung fidgets in his spot and nods. “Fruit…” He trails off not wanting to ask more.

The alpha waits a moment to see if there was anything more but Taehyung remains silent.

“Okay, I’ll be back soon, but I want you to lock your doors until I come back.”

“I-is that really necessary?”

Yoongi glares up at the omega. “Yes it is” is all he says and walks out the door, closing it behind him.

He waits for a few seconds until he hears the lock being placed before leaving.

After that day Yoongi would remain by his side when Taehyung would want to stretch his legs.

It feels like the past, if Taehyung was honest.

The alpha witnessed the time Taehyung was brought back beaten and bruised, during his slow healing process Yoongi would stick by his side as a sort of guard.

He was at his side when Taehyung would breakdown when everything became too much for the omega.

Yoongi was the one to protect him when Jeongguk was away on business and it was too risky for Taehyung to be brought along, the omega would have no one else who wasn’t his mate or Jimin – uncomfortable with anyone else who wasn’t like family to him.

The touch of anyone else who wasn’t the six would cause him to recede back into the night.

He remembers flinching when one the members of the pack would brush pass by them, they would immediately apologize of course even without Yoongi glaring at them for their mistake.

Taehyung would look up to him as an older brother, it of course took them a while for them to have the bond that they had.

Yoongi was never accepting of anyone who Jeongguk would bring around, writing them off as one time things because that is what it always was – they were play things for the heir, never long lasting.

His walls were always up and no matter what the omega did, he would never budge.

It feels like that now, Taehyung thinks as he feels Yoongi fall into step with him from behind.

The alpha is now cold, never one to speak up unless he would have a message from Jeongguk, or to ask him if he were hungry and as much as Taehyung tells him it doesn’t matter – it does.

No one would speak to him, no one would look in his direction and it was beginning to suffocate him because he is one to socialize and now he was alienated.

It made him miss the old town he was forced to leave behind, heart aching as he thought about the familiar bartender and the ones he-

A hand wraps themselves around his arm and pulls him back, “Watch where you’re going.” Yoongi hisses as Taehyung barely misses being impaled by the members bringing an oval shaped glass.

“Thanks.” He murmurs as he pulls away from the harsh grip, he turns to the corner and he sees Jimin, he almost stops at the sight of his former best friend.

Jimin is currently speaking to someone in a low voice, his back to Taehyung and all the omega could do is openly stare, lips pressed tightly together to seal them from speaking out.

The omega hasn’t seen the beta around since they arrived, he would chalk it as the other avoiding him and Taehyung wants to feel some type of resentment towards Jimin, but he is tired – so damn tired because this place has drained any energy he has left.

Just as he begins to walk once again, he sees from the corner of his eye Jimin looking over his shoulder straight at him.

There is a stutter in his step, but he plays it off as he tilts his head just a bit higher as he walks away trying his best to not look at the beta, he hears Yoongi snort at the show which causes his cheeks to flush.

Taehyung forgot the alpha was there.

-

Taehyung was currently residing in the room, sitting on the bed, reading one of the old books he left behind – it feels like years ago since he has touched it.

He pauses in his reading as he tilts his head, his gaze going towards the entrance and frowns.

It sounds like someone was-

The door opens without so much as knock, the force behind it causes the wooden door to slam against the wall and Taehyung is immediately on his feet, book pressed against his chest as protection as he presses himself against the window.

Ever since the incident from a few days ago, he knows better than to trust anyone in the house other than Yoongi (though he warily trusts the alpha), so when he sees Namjoon walking in he feels himself tense up.

The omega feels unease creep up on him when he sees a tray of food in the hands of the beta, his instincts are telling him to run because the memory of the car incident plays within his mind.

Namjoon looks at Taehyung, the animosity in his eyes is strong enough for Taehyung to look away – he has no idea why someone would send him of all people to give him food.

More than anything, he would have preferred Jimin serving him food even.

“Yoongi has informed me you’re hungry.” The beta blandly says as he barely lifts the tray as a way to show Taehyung his reason to be here.

Though it feels like a fool’s idea, Taehyung merely turns his back on the beta and softly says. “I’m not hungry, but thank you anyway.”

The tension in the room raises at his words, he could feel Namjoon’s eyes burning a hole through his back, but he has to remain strong and show he wasn’t afraid even if he was.

Eat.” The voice commands.

Taehyung bravely ignores the other in favor of looking out the window, it was firmly sealed and the glass was bulletproof – he recalls trying to smash the wooden desk chair against it with no results.

Taehyung was taken out of his thoughts when there was a loud bang of a tray being slammed against the dresser, the clink of metals is heard before he feels someone grab him.

“You don’t deserve to be here!” Namjoon snarls as he shakes the frightened omega. “You should have been brought here in a body bag,”

Taehyung stares up at the beta with widen eyes, unable to get his limbs to move and throw him off.

This was the first time anyone has spoken to him other than Yoongi let alone touch him in so long and he doesn’t know how to react as drops of spit are being felt on his redden cheeks.

“Because of you Jeongguk could have died and you act so ungrateful, you !” Namjoon snarls out his frustrations that has been building up from the moment Taehyung has come back because Jeongguk doesn’t deserve someone so unfaithful, someone soiled.

A loud smack echoes through the room, Taehyung is forced to look at the side from the slap as he stares at the wall with shock – he would have never thought Namjoon would go so far.

“What the are you doing?” The two of them were so occupied they failed to hear the doors open as someone steps inside.

Namjoon stares down at the omega for a second longer before looking back towards Yoongi who is standing there unimpressed.

Yoongi stares at Namjoon before leaning to the side to see Taehyung, who has his head bowed, but even from here the alpha could see the trickle of blood sliding down the corner of his mouth.

The alpha’s lips are set in a thin line as he stares down Namjoon, how in the hell could he explain the injury to Jeongguk without him setting off on the beta?

“Leave now before I shoot you for touching him.” Yoongi says as he steps into the room, ignoring the way Namjoon growls before pushing Taehyung away.

The action has the omega stumbling over his feet, Yoongi thankfully catches him before he could fall and he almost wants to bare his neck because he could smell how upset the alpha is.

The alpha helps him sit down onto the bed, Taehyung could feel the judgement rolling off of Yoongi and he has to stop himself from trembling.

“Why didn’t you fight back?” Yoongi questions as he gently dabs away at the blood with his fingertips, he ignores the way the omega flinches at the touch.

Taehyung has his gaze averted as he shrugs “He could have done worse and Jeongguk would have killed him.” He says softly.

He would be a fool to be blind by how protective Jeongguk is of him, the car incident still fresh within his mind and it was humorous how Namjoon was the one the alpha went off on.

With Yoongi remaining by his side, he would assume was also Jeongguk’s doing to watch over him to prevent anything from happening to Taehyung.

The fact that he was one to come to the room right on time seems to prove it, he was Taehyung’s bodyguard of sorts which means Yoongi could report this back to the alpha and he-he can’t have that.

“Could you buy me makeup to cover this up? Namjoon doesn’t deserve to be punished.” He says quietly, it wasn’t quite a lie – while the omega does resent the beta, he also knows it would hurt Jeongguk to touch his best friend.

Yoongi stares at up at him for moment, disbelief in his eyes before he blinks and its gone – the alpha wonders since when did Taehyung become so submissive before erasing the thought away.

“Stay hidden away from for an hour.” Is all he says before walking out the room, he misses the way Taehyung wipes away the lone tear that escaped.

-

“Where did you get the makeup?”

Taehyung has his eyes closed as the alpha wipes gently at his face, he could hear the frown in his voice.

“I have my sources.”

“So, Yoongi got it for you? I’m surprised.” Seokjin says as he eyes the bruise on the omega’s cheek, he would need to talk to the beta about staying away from Taehyung – it was obvious he could not control his emotions, he was weak.

Taehyung shrugs as he neither confirms nor denies it, to which doesn’t have either of them fooled because the only person he was around is the alpha.

“It’s going to take a week for it to fade, he really was trying to hurt you.” Seokjin murmurs as he gently the injured skin.

Taehyung holds himself from flinching, he knows Seokjin is someone he could trust. “I know, and I know what you’re thinking.” He says as he opens his eyes to look up at the doctor who has his brow raised as if to say ‘oh really?” “You think I should let Yoongi tell Jeongguk.”

Seokjin holds his stare before he sighs. “He should be reprimanded for his reckless actions.”

“It would eat at Jeongguk if he would have to harm his best friend.” Taehyung says softly.

Seokjin says nothing for a while as he gathers the urine samples for the week, needing to check for the possibility of transmitted diseases and the possibility of pregnancies.

“Is there any chance you would be carrying right now?” Seokjin asks as gently as possible, with the confession from the week before still heavy in his mind he knows he has to be sensitive.

The alpha could physically feel the way Taehyung moods suddenly drops at the topic, he turns to look at the omega and winces at the expression he was currently wearing.

“I have to know whether or not to buy suppressors for you if you are…I won’t let him hurt you.”

Taehyung could feel himself curl within himself before shaking his head as an answer, he at his drying lips before speaking. “I…never slept with any alphas, it would be impossible and I-I wouldn’t let anyone inside me.”

Seokjin analyzes Taehyung before murmuring quietly “You still love him” He sees the way the omega flinches at the words “You were careful, even with who you slept with.”

“It’s the mark,” Taehyung lies through his teeth.

“You would not care if it would hurt Jeongguk if he were to punish Namjoon.” Seokjin points out.

“Are we done here?” Taehyung says, tired of the prodding from the alpha.

It was silent for a moment, his head was bowed to avoid looking at Seokjin and this whole week has been so exhausting on him, the encounter with Namjoon just further wanted him to be away from this place.

Seokjin could visibly see the exhaust weighing heavily on the omega’s shoulder, he feels his eyes soften at the sight and guilt because he was pushing too hard so soon for Taehyung.

He doesn’t think as he moves forward to stand in front of Taehyung before he carefully leans forward, his actions were slow enough for Taehyung to push him away if he felt uncomfortable by him – when he doesn’t he wraps his arms around the delicate omega and he feels Taehyung shudder at the contact.

Seokjin lets out a soft sound as he rubs Taehyung’s back when he hears a sniffle, he could never imagine what Taehyung has gone through and yes he was the one to put himself in this position, it doesn’t mean the alpha was heartless.

He knows Taehyung craves contact, affection and no one was offering that to him not even Jeongguk.

“You can let it out, Taehyungie. It’s okay.”

The nickname causes something to break in Taehyung as he lets out a choke sob, he wraps himself around Seokjin for dear life because he doesn’t know if he will ever get the chance to be held like this again.

Seokjin could change his mind and shun him out just like everyone in this house has done.

They were in their position for what seemed like ever, the clinic a safe space from outsiders that was protected by metal doors that held no windows, Taehyung has long since stopped crying but Seokjin continued to hold him.

Their moment was interrupted by a loud bang caused by the metal door being roughly pushed open, he could smell the anger emitting off of whoever it was and it causes him to bury his face into Seokjin’s chest for comfort.

“Seokjin get your arms off of him, right now!” The sharp voice rings throughout the room and Taehyung flinches.

The alpha gently the omega’s hair in comfort before sighing out. “I don’t recall leaving a message for you to Taehyung yet, now leave because his examination isn’t over.”

Seokjin’s words fall on deaf ears as Yoongi strides towards the affectionate two, his eyes flash red with anger because what the hell are these two doing!?

The doctor should know better than to lay a finger on Taehyung right now, it was basically suicide.

Yoongi yanks Seokjin off of the now trembling omega as he snarls out, “Do you have any idea what would Jeongguk do to you if he smells you all over him!?” He could feel his anger grow as Seokjin merely rolls his eyes.

He turns his attention on Taehyung, who has his arms wrapped around himself with his head down “Do you have to have some in you for you to be satisfied?”

The words cause Taehyung to look up quickly, his eyes were wide with panic. “Wh-what?

“Did you want to seduce him to help you escape, is that it? Were you going to let him you-“

Seokjin could not believe what he was hearing as Yoongi continues to degrade Taehyung before he has had enough and cuts him off with his fist. “What the hell is your problem? He wasn’t doing anything-“

 

“Then why the hell were you holding him? You know better than to touch someone who isn’t yours!”

“I’m not some heartless monster who will ignore someone who needs comfort!” Seokjin shouts.

“S-stop”

“Do you have any idea what he could do to you? You know he’s already on edge without seeing his mate and to have some other alpha stink on him-“

“I smell fantastic.”

“That’s not the point! Do you have a death wish!?”

Their discussion is interrupted with the smell of a distressed omega, Yoongi turns to look at the omega only to find him trembling with tears running down his face. “I-I’m sorry” He whimpers out

Seokjin faces soften as he lets out a small chuffing noise, he wants to reach out to the omega because instincts are calling out to him but he knows if he does it could cause the omega to panic.

“It’s okay, Taehyung. I’m going to be okay, I can always say it was physical exam.”

Yoongi glares at the alpha before stepping forward, he ignores the way Taehyung leans away before crouching down to look up at the omega. “You have to calm down otherwise Jeongguk will come down here, you’ll be putting Seokjin in danger.”

Taehyung’s eyes widen at the words before shaking his head, “I know you don’t want that, so calm down right now otherwise you will be the one to have him killed.”

The alpha takes pity on the omega when he hears the choke sob that he lets out, he releases his pheromones to help calm down Taehyung.

It of course won’t be enough if the omega doesn’t try and hold back his emotions which was why he was so harsh, but Yoongi knows he has to be understanding even when he doesn’t want to be.

The sweet smell emitting from Taehyung tells the two in the room he was close to his heat, Yoongi was the first one to notice because he was the one who was always around the omega which was why he was so angry at the fact that Seokjin would even touch him.

Jeongguk would be nearly impossible to hold back once he finds out that some alpha touched Taehyung when the omega is closing in on his most vulnerable state, even if it was Seokjin so Yoongi has to figure out some way to cover for the omega.

Yoongi had informed Jeongguk of Taehyung’s impending heat earlier that week, one that should have happened the first week since he was back if Jeongguk was around the omega, it was the main reason why Jeongguk has been putting the distance between them – he has to know whether or not Taehyung could possibly be carrying, it was one the most crucial information that would decide what would happen.

Jeongguk would never lay a hand on Taehyung that could possibly lead to his death, which would never happen even if Yoongi would have been in favor of it if in fact that Taehyung was carrying a bastard’s child.

Seokjin would have been the one in charge of terminating the child, no matter how many weeks or months Taehyung was because there was no way in hell the omega would keep it.

Namjoon would have been free to do what he pleased with the omega for a week, death was not an option but the beta was creative in many ways and Yoongi knows that he was praying for Taehyung to be pregnant.

But as Yoongi looks over towards Seokjin, he sees something laying on a tray just on the side and he knows what it is as he walks over – he ignores the way Seokjin tries to prevent him from going further and picks up the stick.

It was negative, there were four types of pregnancy tests and they all read negative.

Yoongi doesn’t know whether or not he was relieved, maybe he was because Jeongguk would be overjoyed by the news. He has seen just how much it was affecting the alpha over the course of two weeks to not be with his mate even though they were under the same roof.

Jeongguk deserves his happy ending and Yoongi would help him achievement even if he has to break Taehyung down.

There was a time when they were happy, where Taehyung was full of love for Jeongguk and Yoongi is going to force him to go back to that time even if the omega doesn’t want to.

“Clean him up, make sure he doesn’t smell anything of you by tonight. I have to talk to Jeongguk.”

Yoongi doesn’t bother to wait for a reply as he leaves, he will have to find a way to keep Jeongguk occupied but he knows the moment he tells him Taehyung is clean that he would have no way of stopping him.

The alpha will have to stall at least until tonight, it gives Seokjin half a day which is more than enough.

 

haha almost a year later (T▽T)

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this but I am determined to finish this baby !!

there is another update almost ready because thankfully inspo hit a couple of days ago orz

life has been busy and honestly horrible the last two months but writing helps so I hope I can keep these updates going :)

next chapter we have taekook!:O

also no one guessed the correct answer which surprised me lol I guess I wasn't as obvious as I thought I was (・о・)

the bit in the beginning is because of what he told Seokjin and yes it will be explained in two? chapters from now |x・`)

anyway! Until next time lovelys!!

Stay safe and healthy!