Arrival

M a r k e d

44-1

The creak of the heavy iron gates begin to open once Hoseok inputs the code before driving up the driveway leading towards their home.

Taehyung stares out the window, glancing up towards the iron prison that was not there before he left, the omega wants to laugh at the caution made by Jeongguk – if the evidence did not make him want to curl up in despair.

There was never a reason for such high security measures, Jeongguk would always have men on guard every single hour of the day and it was enough for the alpha - that was until the omega somehow managed to invade said men.

The only person who managed to detect him was Jimin and even he was not enough to prevent the omega from leaving.

There was another barrier that was never there before, Taehyung notes as his gaze move towards the side, the walls that connect to the iron gates seem to have grown with height – it was a prison.

There was a bitter smile on his lips, it seems his alpha has seen through every way that could be an escape route and has promptly squashed it with his hands.

Clouded by the new details of the compound, Taehyung failed to realize the ever growing crowd waiting for them – for Jeongguk.

The tradition of welcoming their leader home seems to be intact since he has left, Taehyung is a bit surprised by it.

Mainly because this whole thing was no ordinary business trip, it was simply of bringing Taehyung back home and one he did not fight on (never really had the chance to).

He doesn’t get much of a chance to adjust of the ever growing old faces surrounding the suv before the doors are being opened and he was being dragged out by Jeongguk, the touch borderline rough as if he could sense Taehyung’s reluctance.

There are cheers of Jeongguk’s name, many welcome home’s by the numerous of people around them.

No one greets him.

They don’t even look towards his way.

You are not welcome

Is the vibe he picks up on when Jeongguk keeps his grip on his left wrist, greeting his subordinates with a smile as they make their way towards ‘home’.

Ever the people person, his mate is – always wanting to show his gratitude towards those he leads and those who lay their lives for him.

Taehyung keeps his gaze lowered, to avoid the looks of dismay once they catch his scent, trusting Jeongguk enough to lead them inside without an issue.

“Jeongguk, sir, we have Cheong on the phone.” Someone says in front of them, smart enough not to block their path, but enough to catch the alpha’s attention.

“Keep him on the line, I’ll be a moment.” Comes the reply before Jeongguk stops walking, forcing Taehyung to halt by tugging on his wrist to signal for him to as well.

Confusion sets in when Taehyung lifts his gaze up, his sights automatically meeting Seokjin for a moment before turning to Jeongguk for an answer.

Something heavy settles in his stomach at the expression the alpha is making, a spark of anger in the eyes of Jeongguk.

“Seokjin, have you prepared for the examination?” There’s a nasty edge curled around his words that sets the omega’s flight instincts to scream. Once the alpha doctor nods, Jeongguk lets go of Taehyung’s wrist.

Jeongguk turns to leave before he stops and looks back at Taehyung. “Let me know if my omega has any ual diseases as soon as you get the results.” His voice is loud enough for those who are around them to hear and Taehyung could feel his face burn with shame.

Blinking rapidly to keep the tears at bay, Taehyung shuts out the whispers now surrounding them.

There’s disapproval in Seokjin’s face when Taehyung forces himself to face the doctor, who motions him to follow him and it doesn’t take much for the omega to immediately obey.

Wanting to leave the heavy judgement of those outside.

-

“Sit down.” Seokjin says as he motions towards the table, every instruments he needs already laying out.

Taehyung does as he is told, the paper crinkling underneath him as he adjust to the uncomfortable table.

“Open.” As soon as he opens his mouth, without waiting another moment, Seokjin quickly swabs his mouth – the thing bitter in his mouth as it sweeps itself inside.

It’s done quite easily with Seokjin placing it into tube, sealing and writing down whatever type of test it was for.

A needle is inserted into his arm soon after, Taehyung barely blinks at the feeling as they both remain quiet as all of this is done.

The alpha was not present when they found him, something the omega found odd and a bit off, but it was for this reason he guesses.

Taehyung assumes this would be all, Seokjin taking more than five sample filled tubes of his blood and is about to excuse himself from the doctor until he is interrupted.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Seokjin says, eyebrows upturned, confusion written all over his face.

“I…I thought we were done?” Taehyung murmurs, cheeks hot.

With a click of his tongue, the alpha shakes his head at the assumption. “This is a thorough exam, Taehyung.” Which meant everything will be examined from top to bottom.

A spike of cold fear runs through the omega as he stares at the doctor, lips pressed tightly and he shakes his head. “This should be enough, I’ll take-“

“Sit down or I will have someone hold you down.” There is no change in his tone, but the authority radiating off of Seokjin is enough for Taehyung to take his words seriously.

Panic begins to bubble deep inside of him as he watches Seokjin remove his gloves to replace them with new ones, Taehyung knows where this is going and he has to do something to prevent it from happening.

No one can know.

“Please take off your clothes.” At the command, Taehyung feels bile rising in his throat.

With shaking hands, Taehyung stands and quickly undone his jeans before slipping them off along with his underwear before turning around – he doesn’t need to be told to do so.

He bends over the table as Seokjin hums.

Taehyung closes his eyes as Seokjin spreads his cheeks, making small comments to himself as he examines Taehyung.

He flinches when Seokjin inserts a finger, “You seem a bit loose.” The doctor comments dryly, it’s enough to humiliate Taehyung. “There are no tears nor sores around the area, so that’s good.”

When Seokjin is done, he gently pats the side of his thigh to indicate for him to turn around which he does immediately with redden cheeks.

Seokjin begins to examine his , it remains flaccid as he lifts it up to check for lumps and any damage he could have sustain when he had .

The alpha breaks the silence after a few moments, “Please lift your shirt up, Taehyung.”

This time Taehyung shakes his head, “That’s enough, please Seokjin.” his dry lips, he averts his gaze as Seokjin stares at him in question. “I’m tired from the trip.”

“May I remind you-“

Taehyung cuts him off, his lips downward as he firmly says his words. “You have done more than enough to satisfy Jeongguk.”

“Lift you shirt up or so help me, Taehyung.” Seokjin snarls out, his patience gone with the omega.

It was suspicious enough for the doctor to suspect something is up and that may be critical information, Taehyung is clearly hiding something and Seokjin will do anything to find out what it is.

If there were any marks given by those he had with, Seokjin would need to know to figure out how to tell his alpha and how to save the omega from certain death.

Jeongguk at the moment is more alpha than not, his possessive nature rearing his ugly head and it would cause the alpha to make rash decisions and actions.

With tears in his eyes, Taehyung slowly lifts his shirt up and stares up at the ceiling when he lays back down – unable to go against the alpha, the mark on his shoulder has made him sensitive to other ranks.

Seokjin stares at the newly formed mark on the omega’s shoulder, grimacing at how grizzly it looks and doesn’t want to imagine the pain it inflicted on Taehyung.

It was made without care, it was apparent by just one look at it and even though it was healing as smoothly as it can – without a doubt whenever the omega would look at it, it would be a sour memory.

Deserved or not, Seokjin feels sympathy for Taehyung as he cleans the wound.

The mark was enough to distract him for a few minutes, taking care of not to let his body physically touch the claim – it would be bad if he did, Jeongguk would have his head in a split second.

Once Seokjin was satisfied with the cleaning, he lets out a sigh as he stares down at the omega’s body.

The skin on his chest was unblemished, Jeongguk would be content to know about this report Seokjin thinks with humor.

Taehyung was smart enough to not allow anyone to mark him, it was a good-

His gaze stops just above the omega’s belly and stares down at the small scar just visible on his otherwise flat and clear stomach.

He feels something like lead drop into his stomach.

“Oh, Taehyung

-

“Your report, Seokjin.”

The words are the first thing he hears once he steps into their leader’s office, having only just knocked before coming inside – he could feel the impatience coming from the alpha.

Seokjin stands in front of Jeongguk, his hands behind his back. “He seems clean, but as you told me on your way here that you assume he has had with someone just before you arrived.” He notes the way the alpha’s eyes darken at his words.

“He would need to stop by once again within two weeks, I would need another round of his blood and urine sample.” He pauses to see if Jeongguk has any questions.

Jeongguk motions for him to continue and Seokjin does, “There are no tears nor are there any marks on his skin…” He hesitates for a second, but it was enough for Jeongguk to notice.

His tone is cold, a warning as he spoke slowly. “What is it?” Jeongguk narrows his eyes as he track every single little motion on the doctor, in case he were to try and hide something regarding his mate.

With a sigh, he feels his shoulders sag and feels slightly uncomfortable revealing the information “There is a…scar on his stomach, barely visible.” He reassures the alpha when he feels the atmosphere begin to creep into a dangerous territory.

“Taehyung has informed me it was due to a fight that occurred when he was away, the person was trying to rob him since he was vulnerable and managed to nick him hard enough to leave a reminder of the event.”

Jeongguk lets out a slow breath, the tension in his body beginning to bleed away because for a moment, just a moment there he thought Seokjin was going to announce someone has marked Taehyung.

Permanently or not, he doesn’t know what he would have done to his omega and the thought is enough to make him shudder with relief.

“Yoongi has taken him to the new room,” Seokjin says as he continues, “Allow him to rest a while, Jeongguk.”

There was no need to request such a thing, Jeongguk thinks as he nods at the doctor’s request.

Though it does displease him, he has enough sense in him to allow Taehyung to adjust to the whole situation – Jeongguk knows not to push it any further than he already has.

“Thank you, Seokjin. You may leave.” He says after a moment.

Once Seokjin is dismissed, the doctor immediately takes his leave with a small bow in respect.

The door gently clothes behind him and he sets off towards his personal work space, he could feel his hands tremble at his side.

Please, please I am begging you to not tell him.

A hand presses itself against his forehead as he recalls what had happened before his report, Seokjin could not believe himself.

He has lied to his leader for Taehyung.

 

 

:O

I feel like the secret is an open one, so I would definitely be surprised if no one can guess what it is!

I was going to update tomorrow, but I'll busy orz

anyway! there will be a lot of time skips? not enough to skim over important events tho (n˘v˘•)¬

i can't believe I'm on chapter 12 when this whole thing was only meant for 10 chapters, yet here i am smh

thank you so much for reading and as always, thank you so much to the new subscribers for giving this story a chance!

I apologize for any mistakes or missing words :(

have a safe week!♡

                until next time!˚✧₊⁎( ˘ω˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚