Chapter 6

Missing Piece

Taeyeon's POV

 

I was visiting Yuri at her office and she was laying down on the couch in her office for once.

"Yul"

She opened her eyes and sat up.

"Tae..."

"Does knowing part of what he does scare you?" I asked.

"I don't know, Taeng...maybe a part of me does. But I think I was just more shocked at the tone of his voice when he said he was going to take care of them. The times I've talked to him, he had been nothing but sweet. But I guess I didn't know him all that well either" She sighed.

It had been three days since then and so far, no word.

"Being protective means he cares. It's not a bad thing, Yuri. I still think he's a good guy. And best with you"

"Tae..."

"You miss him and still want him, don't you, Yul? Or at least your heart does. So why fight it?"

My phone beeped and I stood up.

"Just follow your heart for once, Yuri"

I went back to my office, where Yoong was waiting. He stood up when I entered but I waved him to sit again.

"Are they still alive?"

"Unfortunately. But we've been grilling them thoroughly. At first, they were arrogant, but my teammates can be very persuasive. They broke down and told us they had brokered a deal between a guy named Master and the mercenary guys. We're tracking down this supposed Master, but we'll see" He said.

"Master?"

"Could be made up. Who knows. We'll be keeping them no matter what"

He looked down.

"Does she hate me?"

"I think she just needs time. To absorb everything. Taecyeon may be a bad guy, but she had still loved him once. But after what he did to her, she just...lost her way a bit. But she had been better when you were around, Yoong"

He stood up.

"I'll keep you posted on what we find. But the military is working fast to find them before anything else happens"

I nodded and he left. I sighed, wondering how those two would work out.

~~~~~

Yuri's POV

 

I couldn't concentrate on work at all. I sighed and laid down on my couch. My mind kept wandering over to him. I scrolled down my contacts to where his name was and stopped. I set my phone on the table after a few minutes. There was a knock on my door and I hoped it wasn't work.

"Come in"

I sat up when I saw it was Fany. We hugged and I gestured for her to sit down.

"Sica letting you off the leash for a bit?" I smiled at her and she pouted.

"Yoong assured her someone is always guarding me. Even though I can't see who"

"Sica...she really trusts Yoong, doesn't she..."

"You know she wouldn't let anyone near me otherwise. Do you not trust Yoong?"

I hugged a pillow tightly.

"When he told me that he would make sure they would never see the streets again and that he and his team would take care of it, I could sense the sincerity and truth in his words. He just seems like one of those guys you can count on. But me aside, he had to feel rage when he heard what had happened to you, Yuri. It can't have been easy controlling his rage knowing what had happened to the person he loves"

"Fany..."

"I'm super happy with Jessi now. I'm happy she stayed by my side through everything. You could be happy with Yoong too, Yul"

"Maybe I'm just scared, Fany. What if...what if he changes too?"

"You have to take a chance. I was scared with Jessi too. But I was lucky. I knew her practically my entire life. Sure, Yoong is someone new. But unlike Taecyeon, he has a code of honor, ethics and virtue. He's the good guy, Yuri-ah. I, like Taetae, support him fully. He's good for you, Yul. Haven't you noticed you stopped playing around after he entered your life? You were finally changing and it was because of him. Can't you tell he's different?"

I just huffed and nodded and she smiled.

"He'll be patient with you and wait for you. Just give him a chance, Yul. Going to meet up with Jessi at her work. Better call Yoong soon, okay?" She eyesmiled at me and left.

I went home, not feeling the energy to work at the moment. My dad gestured for me into his room and I followed him.

"Yuri-ah, I think you should tell Yoong the full truth"

I was surprised at him.

"It's killing you on the inside not telling anyone, even your friends. It's tearing you apart, even if you try to hide it. I believe that Yoong is a good man and you know I don't give my seal of approval to just anyone"

"But dad, I--"

"I know. You're scared. I let you be wild because I knew you wanted to forget. But after Yoong entered your life, I was finally glad that you decided to be your normal self a little bit"

"I'll...think about it" I finally said and he nodded, smiling.

We hugged and I went upstairs to my room.

 

Jessica's POV

 

I raced to the ER entrance and was shocked to see Yoong and another guy covered in blood. I quickly composed myself and began barking out orders, rushing the to into the OR. 

"Dr Jung, patient is losing blood fast"

"Get me more blood bags! We have to keep him alive, no matter what cost"

I silently prayed that he would make it out alive. For Yuri's sake.

 

I came out of the operating room four hours later, tired from the surgery. I saw them moving both of them into the ICU. Taeyeon rushed up to me.

"Sica...h-how are they?" She looked tearful.

"Taeyeon?"

"Sica...Yoong was guarding me today and the other guy was as well. I think his name is Rhett. I don't even know how it happened. A car was speeding towards me but before it could hit me, another car intervened. I saw Yoong and the other guy get out and there was a gunfire. They got some of the guys but...they got injured. I called the ambulances and when they heard the sirens, the rest sped off. Sica..."

"It's not looking good, Tae" I grimly said.

"Jessi!"

Tiffany came rushing up to me, relieved. 

"You're finally out! They told me you were in surgery...."

Her gaze landed on Yoong and Rhett, and she looked shocked. I pulled the two over.

"They don't have any emergency contacts. Do either of you have their teammates' numbers?"

As I said that, their teammates ran in and saw us.

"What happened?!" One of them, Ash, I think, demanded.

Taeyeon explained as best as she could and one of them walked away to make a phone call. He came back.

"Once you clear them, they will be moved into a secure facility" Rhys said.

"I can't do that. They had severe wounds. They are my patients now" I firmly said.

"Then we will place guards on them. This is protocol for us. Our superiors have decided that two others will replace Yoong and Rhett in terms of protection until further notice" Rhys said and I sighed.

"Just make sure they're not too obvious" I said and he smiled a bit.

I debated on whether to let Yuri know and decided that she would find out anyways.

She came rushing over twenty minutes later and grabbed me.

"S-Sica...w-what?"

"I can't tell you much, Yul. But they've both been severely injured. I've done my best to fix them up...now it's up to them" I gently said.

 

Yuri's POV

 

I said I would stay here. She looked like she was about to argue, but finally nodded.

"Yuri-ah...everything's going to be okay" Fany squeezed my hand.

"Fany-ah...is this a sign?" I softly asked.

"I believe you two will be together" She kissed me on the cheek before going over to Sica.

I went to their room and Sica had made sure it was private. Only she would be authorized to enter. After awhile, a young fresh guy arrived, looking sad.

"You're...Kyou, right?"

He turned and seemed embarrassed. I smiled.

"Ah...my wife told me about you..Yuri-shi..."

"Just Yuri"

"I wanted to let Yoong be the first one to know that she's pregnant. We just found out yesterday"

"That's great!"

"I should be happy. And I am. But with him and Rhett in the hospital...how can I be?"

"I'm sure they'll both be very happy for you. They wouldn't want you to suffer. Your wife, Kenzie, told me that you've both been trying"

He nodded, seemingly a little shy.

"We've always wanted a family. After I signed up for the military, we postponed it for awhile, but...nothing would make me happier. And it only gives me more incentives to make the world a better place"

"Yuri...umm...do you like Yoong?"

"I...really do. I know it will be hard, I think...I'm just not sure I'm strong enough"

"I'm the last one to join the team, but Yoong...I've never known him to be interested in girls, whether they flirt with him or seem interested. I'm very happy that the girl he loves is you. You seem like a great girl and if you managed to capture Yoong's heart...well, you've got the approval of all of us" Kyou said and I turned red.

He bowed and left. I saw his teammates around, blending in. I knew they were here for protection. I sighed and took a seat next to Yoong.

"You have to wake up and be better, Yoong. You entered my life so suddenly and I have to admit, I'm falling for you. So you have to wake up so I can tell you that" I mumbled.

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

I was still in utter shock. Sica had given me a pill to calm myself but I found myself replaying the events in mind. Sunny came over and I felt comfort in her arms.

"Baby....relax" She whispered.

I smiled into her shoulder. She always knew what I was thinking.

"If it wasn't for them...I'd be the one in that room, Sunny. I just can't help but feel...guilty"

"You know they wouldn't want you to feel that way" She rubbed my back.

"I know...I just wish that this whole thing was a nightmare and I'd wake up" I sighed.

"Agent Taeyeon"

I looked up and my face flushed as I realized what we must have seemed like, but they gave no impression if it bothered them.

"These are some of our counterparts. They will be helping us on this now that we've become personally involved. With Yoong and Rhett currently out of service, our superiors have enlisted the help of them"

"Aye. We will get these bastards" I detected a hint of Irish in his voice.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Sunny asked.

"You stay safe ma'am. Our duty is to protect you and your friends and family. And of course, rip them bastards apart for hurting one of our own" The guy smiled.

"We'll inform you of what our next steps be. In the meantime, please do not go anywhere alone without being escorted. We know you are capable of defending yourselves, but we are taking extra security measures"

We nodded and they disappeared into the crowd of people. We got up and went to where Yuri was, keeping her company. I couldn't imagine what to feel if Sunny was the one in the room like this.