Chapter 2

Missing Piece

Yuri's POV

 

While I was too busy staring at him, my friends suddenly appeared and in.

"Soooo....who is this guy, Yuri?" Sooyoung appeared from nowhere, holding food.

I saw Sica giving him a lookover, but Yoong seemed more amused then scared. Most guys would their pants after getting the "look" from HellSica. There were those cocky guys of course, but they usually lost in the end too. 

"Hello, my name is Im Yoong" He said.

"Are you the guy that saved my friend here?" Fany asked.

He just merely smiled.

"Are you the guy who scared the less?"

"I will neither confirm nor deny that" He chuckled.

"Well, if you are, I will give a million thanks. I probably would have ordered a hitman sooner or later" Sica said.

"Jessi!"

"Sica!!!"

"What? I'm just kidding...maybe not" She scowled and I just shook my head.

My friends introduced themselves and I still couldn't help how handsome he looked...I wondered how he looked without...ahhh, what am I thinking?!

"Would you like to get some fresh air?" He asked.

I just nodded and saw them smirking at me. I huffed before following him. He had put his cap back on since we were outside.

"Your friends seem amusing"

"They're harmless...well, most of them at least. They always give any guy or girl practically a death stare" I shook my head.

"Being protective, I see" He chuckled.

"Well, I haven't had any luck with relationships so..." I cleared my throat embarrassedly.

"Ahh...I know it's late...but thank you for umm...saving me"

"Glad I could help. You worried me...do you usually go camping alone?"

My heart fluttered when he said he worried about me. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"None of my friends like camping. Honestly, it calms me. The was irritating me and I just needed to get away. What about you?" I asked.

"That happened to be one of my favorite hiking spots. Sometimes I camp there too. Nature relaxes me" He replied.

Most guys couldn't hold a conversation since they were idiots, but with him, I felt like we could talk for hours. We learned a lot about each other and without realizing, the night flew by. He gave me his number.

"Aren't girls usually the ones to give guys their numbers?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well, now you get to decide if you want to talk or meet up again" He smiled.

His smile had this boyish charm to it and it was pulling me in even more. My friends were calling me and we parted ways. I looked at his contact information and smiled.

~~~~~~

I had gotten overwhelmed with work the next couple of days that I didn't contact him. Luckily, I had saved his number into my phone. I really missed him...and sent him a text.

"I'm hungry"

I facepalmed myself. What kind of text is that?! After not contacting him, he must have thought I was weird. Half an hour later, there was a buzz.

"Unnie, you have a visitor..."

I looked up and nearly let out a gasp as I saw him...he was dressed in civilian clothes this time and god damn, did he look more handsome...was that even possible? He held up some bags and smiled.

"Special delivery"

"Ah...um...Hara, you can go now..."

She nodded and hurriedly closed the door. He laid out an assortment of food and I got more hungry...but not for food....if you caught my drift...

"I was hoping you'd call" He softly said, making me shiver.

"S-Sorry...I...I got swamped with work..."

"I understand. But it did make me happy when you texted me"

"Weird message right?" I blushed.

He laughed.

"Well, I've gotten weirder, I must say" He amusedly said.

We both ate and chatted some more. It's like we could never run out of things to talk...He stood up and looked around my office, at the diplomas and commendations I had received.

"Smart and gorgeous. A deadly combination" He grinned and I blushed even more.

I was a natural talent with words and my friends jokingly called me "Yul oppa" sometimes because I mostly did guy stuff around them...but he somehow made me speechless and turn me into a girly girl.

"So...umm...no work for you today?"

"Am on leave until they summon me"

"Which is when?"

"Could be sometimes from hours to days and rarely weeks"

The door suddenly burst open and my assistant came in, sighing after my friends.

"Sorry unnie...I tried to stop them..."

"It's alright. They're hard-headed"

I ignored their complaints and told Hara she could go home for the day. She nodded and said goodbye.

"Well...look who we have here...ooohh!! Food!!!" Sooyoung dove in for the food.

I sighed at her shikshiness.

"So Yuri-ah...meeting him again, I see" Sica smirked.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work" I mumbled.

They just grinned.

"Well, we were just sooo kind to visit you thinking you were lonely....but it seems you weren't" Sunny giggled.

I coughed embarrassedly.

"Well, I was coming here for business, but then these idiots tagged along" Taeyeon said and I heard Yoong quietly chuckle.

"What did you need?"

"You recognize this?" Taeyeon showed me a symbol and I frowned.

"Should I?"

"If you did, I would seriously be concerned for your safety. They're a mercenary group. Known for killing people without question, kidnapping, etc. Anything bad, you name it, they will do it for a price" Yoong said.

"Awwww, he'd be concerned for your safety, Yul!!" Fany squealed, largely ignoring the second part.

I wanted to kill myself from embarrassment but my heart fluttered from what he said about being concerned...

"You know them?" Taeyeon turned to Yoong.

"We've had run-ins with them a couple of times. I believe they're high on the government watchlist. I can use some of my contacts to get you some more information if you want" Yoong replied.

"That would be helpful, thanks" Taeyeon answered, smiling.

"So...we'll just leave you two lovebirds alone...Wear protection guys" Sica smirked and I threw a pillow after her.

I saw Yoong's face turn red and couldn't help but laugh.

"She's a handful. Most guys run away after meeting her. I bring her along to judge what kind of guy or girl I'm seeing" I said.

"Well, I guess I can endure her if I want to get closer to you" He smiled and I blushed.

He then received a text and frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Work. Sorry, Yuri. I really wanted to spend more time with you"

"I'll be here when you get back. Keep the world safe" I smiled softly and my heart pounded when he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Stay safe" He said and left.

Lord, how was I going to work with what just happened? Nope, I wasn't going to be able to. I decided to go to my private gym and exercised, trying to calm myself down.

~~~~~~~~~

Taeyeon's POV

 

Yuri seemed kind of sad these days and we all knew why. She was missing a certain man. It had been five days since he had left. I tried to get information on him, but everything about him was classified.

"Sorry, girls, it seems even we can't access his files" My dad apologetically said.

Yuri pouted, hugging a pillow. She hadn't gone to work for a few days and auntie and uncle understood. They wanted her to rest anyways after what had happened. 

"But your new friend came through on his word. We received information on the Rx mercenary group. And the information is top-notch. Lots of information on them. Your new friend was right. They're merciless and will do anything for a price. Taeyeon, if they're a part of this investigation you're doing, please be careful, honey" My dad said.

I nodded. This case was bigger than I had thought.

 

We visited a club. Yuri, as always, got hit on by all the guys and girls. Meanwhile, since the rest of u had relationships, kept a tight grip on each other, glaring at anyone who dared to try to hit on us. Yuri usually danced alone, but she dragged one of us with her this time.

"Already done dancing? Rare for you, Kwon Yuri" Sica sipped her drink.

"Just not that into it today I guess" She mumbled, drinking a shot.

Some of her past flings came up to her and we had to have the bouncer take them away. We decided to head home before things got worse. 

 

The next week or so, we held various parties, mostly for charities and some for business. At least three people would try to impress Yuri, thinking she would at least go out for drinks, but she declined. Yuri was certainly a charmer when it came to talking and many people would fall for her just by looking at her. I just shook my head at the failed attempts. Yuri said she was going out to clear her head.

 

Yuri's POV

 

"Is this deja vu?"

I looked up and my heart went into overdrive when I saw him.

"Y-Yoong...h-how'd you know I was here?"

"You and your friends are all over the internet, you know. I don't know if I should be worried" He tilted his head.

He was wearing just a simple suit today yet god, he looked amazing still.

"Seems you had some escorters"

"You saw that?" For some reason, I felt guilty like I was cheating on him.

"Those s just want to get into my pants" I grumbled and he smiled.

He extended a hand out to me.

"Would you care for a dance with me, Miss Kwon Yuri?"

It was like gravity pulling me towards him as I took his hand and we danced to what seemed to our own music and beat outside here in the garden.

"I've missed you" He whispered and I shivered.

"I...missed you too" I mumbled into his shoulder.

I had never felt such a strong attraction to anyone before. I looked into his eyes and was about to kiss him when he made the first move. The kiss was intense and I had never been kissed like this before.

"I want you, Yoong" I breathlessly said.

We both got out of there and barely made it to his apartment, which was only some minutes away, but seemed like a lifetime.

"Bedroom's too far away" I mumbled, trying to take off his clothes.

He let out a low chuckle and he kissed me once more, our tongues playing with each other.

"You're so damn gorgeous, Yuri" He breathed out.

Many people had said that to me, but his words affected me a lot. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yoong..." I let out a groan as I felt him kiss my neck.

"I want to make this last" He breathed against my neck.