Chapter 1

Missing Piece

Yoong's POV

 

"MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!" I yelled at my team members, who I considered like my own brothers.

With the way we were trained and how much we pretty depended on our lives to each other, it was hard not to become close. We sprayed bullets across the territory, all of us covering each other's backs as we moved. We had recovered our target, simply designated as Code R. We jumped onto the helicopter waiting for us and let loose more bullets.

We landed back into safe territory and were given the usual debriefing of how we had done. We were then given leave until another assignment was given to us. This usually varied between a day to sometimes weeks. We never knew when an assignment could be given. Because of our unpredictable schedule, it was hard to maintain relationships, yet one of my bros, Kyou, somehow made it possible as he was already married. We sometimes joked about it but deep down, I guess we all envied him.

"See you all later. A round on me next time" Kyou grinned.

"Save the money, idiot. You're going to have a baby soon, I bet, and you'll need all the money you can get" Another bro, Ash, clapped his back.

"Yo, L, want to come with us for a drink?" Ash asked.

"Going to pass"

"Aw come on, L. Never going to find a girl that way" Rhys, said.

I just chuckled and waved them off. They called me L, short for leader, since I was the team's leader.  I passed the security checkpoints and drove around. Driving relaxed me and gave me a chance to think. I went to a camping site and got my bag out of my trunk. I always kept in just in case. Always be prepared was one of the things drilled into us. I hiked through a familiar trail. I know, who goes camping just after a mission and almost getting shot? But it was just me. I was halfway up through the trail when I noticed something odd. I got out my knife that I always carried with me and carefully made my way towards what seemed to be a camping site. I checked the tent and nobody was there. I then saw footsteps and pulled my service pistol out. I was trained to be quiet as mouse and never a leave a trail behind. I saw a woman up ahead and she seemed to be unconscious. I checked my surroundings before going up to her. Looking up close, she was gorgeous as hell. I shook my head, needing to see if she was alright first. I tried waking her up in case she was just asleep. I then checked for a pulse and to my relief, there was one. I lifted her up easily and carried her down the trail along with her stuff, driving to the closest emergency room nearby. She was immediately taken in for treatment and her phone was vibrating. I hesitantly opened it and it was locked, but I could see the most recent text messages.

"What an " I tilted my head.

"You think you can get away from me, ?"

"Answer my damn messages, !"

I got his name and mentally tucked it away. I put her phone just back in time as a nurse came up to me.

"She will be alright"

"Ah, that's a relief...I'm sorry, I don't know her name..."

"No worries. We know who she is. Would you like to wait for her? It might take awhile...you got her here just in time" She said.

"Is her family coming?"

"Yes, we just contacted them. They should be here soon"

"Then it's alright. Glad to know she will be alright" I smiled and bowed slightly before leaving.

But I stayed to watch just to make sure. Amusedly, I saw a crazy lady rush in...and her companion following her. After I heard they were for the girl...I left.For some reason, my heart had raced not knowing if she was going to be alright. But then, relief washed over me after hearing she would be.

 

Jessica's POV

 

I nearly got into an accident as I drove to the hospital.

"J-Jessi! I know you're worried, but umm, how about we try to get there without one or both of us ending up in the hospital too?" Tiff asked, nearly scared from my driving.

I smiled apologetically and we soon got there, jumping out as we raced into the ER. Yeah, getting a phone call hearing that one of your best friends was in the hospital was not a good thing!

"Miss Jung!"

A nurse came up to me and bowed. My family owned this hospital and many others and I was a doctor here as well. Today just had to be my day off.

"We've already got Miss Kwon in Recovery. She will be fine, although she will wake up in a few hours. She had a minor concussion, like she had injured it hitting her head on something"

I thanked her and we both rushed to the room where she was in.

"This idiot" I grumbled.

"Jessi" Tiff scolded me.

I pouted at her and she just rolled her eyes at me.

"If it's because of that guy of hers, I swear I will kill her myself" I grumbled.

"Jessi, always so violent. Uncle and Auntie are on the way. They'll be here in a few hours" Tiff said.

They were on a business trip and this just had to happen.

 

Several hours later, she woke up, groaning and wincing. Uncle and Auntie Kwon had arrived just an hour ago.

"That's what happens when you get an concussion idiot" I murmured, but hugging her.

"Ugh...h-how'd I end up here? I thought I was camping..."

Tiffany just handed her some pain meds and water. Yuri's parents were fussing over her. Now that I thought about it...the nurse was still on duty and her face flushed, making us curious.

"A-A young man seemed to have driven her here...after hearing your family was coming, he said he would leave. H-he was quite handsome" She blushed, before hurriedly bowing and leaving.

Just then, Taeyeon entered with two of her agents. Her family owned Kim Corps that mainly dealt with intelligence and stuff. We eyed her as two of her agents had a guy tied up. It was Yuri's of a guy...wouldn't even call him a boyfriend. 

"I...Look, I swear I will never go near Yuri again!"

He seemed terrified, which was not his usual self.

"Damn right you won't. You're going to jail for being an and attemped assault" Taeyeon scowled.

"I swear! Okay! I will never contact Yuri or go near her again! Just don't let that guy come near me again!"

"What guy? Describe him" I demanded.

"U-Umm...about 6 feet tall, fit and a gaze that nearly made me pee my pants. Don't let him come near me again!"

Taeyeon told her agents to take him away.

"How'd you find him, Taetae?" Tiff asked, hugging her.

"Sica's hospital security alerted me saying they had this guy tied up in front of the ER...and he was freaking out. I was coming over anyways to visit Yuri"

"Think it's the same guy who brought Yuri here?"

I ordered the security feed from several hours ago.

"Can't really see his face but the description seems right. Wonder who he is" I mused.

"Dad! Mom! I'm seriously fine!" Yuri whined.

"My dear, if this guy didn't carry you here, you could have been severely injured!" Uncle scolded her.

Yuri just huffed and I rolled my eyes. I checked her chart.

"You should be fine. We'll keep you here under observation for another day or two just to make sure. And Yuri, next time, don't go camping alone, idiot" I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Sica" She pouted and I just smacked her with the chart.

"Ouch! Isn't it against the rule for a doctor to hit a patient?"

I just smirked at her.

Several days later...

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

Sunny, my baby, and I were visiting Yuri at her office. She was the CEO of Kwon Airlines, one of the wealthiest company here.

"Didn't Sica tell you to rest at home?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"If I stayed there any longer, I would burst. To think one day I would prefer working over staying at home..."

"Your parents just care" Sunny chuckled.

Our families were all extremely wealthy but they cared and supported us a lot, for which we were grateful. But sometimes they went overboard...

"So did you find out who he is?" Yuri asked.

"Nope. It's like he's a ghost"

She groaned and I grinned.

"Fancying him?"

"N-No! I just want to thank him..."

I just hummed in response, flipping through some magazines. But it was really true. There was no trace of him.

"Maybe you finally found your Prince Charming, Yul" I chuckled.

Yuri didn't have a preference for guys or girls. She seemed like a player, but she didn't sleep with just anyone. And that had been the guy's problem...he was getting too obssessive after Yuri refused to sleep with him.

"Well, don't be late to tonight's event" I said, getting up.

I had some work to do myself and Sunny bunny had to go to work as well.

"What is it again? Too many events these days" Yuri sighed.

"A charity event for military families. It's a new thing we decided to participate in this year" I chuckled and pat her head before leaving.

 

Yuri's POV

 

I sighed as I was leaning against the bar, waiting for my drink. I was too distracted wondering who this mysterious guy was that had saved me.

"Yul, don't be a party pooper and come mingle" Sooyoung said, eating half of the sandwiches already.

"Sooyoung, stop eating all the food"

She just grinned and disappeared to the buffet table again. I shook my head and eyed the crowd. I usually had some heart into these kind of events, strongly believing we should help people, yet tonight, I felt kind of sad. I looked around and security was really tight, as expected of Taeyeon's people. They were mixed in with military personnel as several high-ranking people were here. Taeyeon and her company had a reputation for being the best so it was no wonder. I wondered where my friends had gone to.

"Ditchers" I mumbled.

They managed to appear on time for the speech we had to give and the usual...My hand felt numb after shaking like thousands of hands...a guy came up to me.

"I'm glad to see you're alright. To think we would be meeting here of all places" He smiled.

I felt something inside of me stir when I saw him. I somehow knew it was him...I knew it was a basic profile we had and it could be anyone...but somehow I just knew it was him. He was wearing the Navy dress uniform and I saw he had lots of medals on his chest.

"Y-You're..."

"Ah, excuse me for not introducing myself. I'm Im Yoong" He extended his hand.

"I-I'm...Kwon Yuri" I stuttered, mentally facepalming myself.

Where did the smooth talking Kwon Yuri go? I shook his hand and felt a spark. I swear my heart was racing.