CHAPTER 7

THE STORY OF US

Mark was busy reviewing his files when Hansol walked into his office.

“Sir…” he bowed politely.

“Yes Hansol…”

“I’m here to remind you of the meeting at 3 o’clock…”

Mark looked at the clock on the wall and it 15 minutes before 3.

“Is everybody at the meeting room?”

“We’re still waiting for the head of R&D and Public Affair Exec…but they’re already on their way there…”

“Great…”

“Here are the documents that I’ve prepared...” Hansol put a stack of papers in front of Mark.

“Thank you Hansol ah…just call me when everyone is at the meeting room…”

“Yes sir…”

Jinyoung walked.

“Jinyoung hyung…” Hansol said with a smile. He quickly went to the door and walked out, leaving the pair alone.

“Hi Hansol…” Jinyoung waved. “Hey babe…”

“Hey…what are you doing here?” Mark asked, obviously surprised to see his husband visiting him.

"You forgot didn’t you?” Jinyoung frowned.

“Forgot? About what?”

“We’re going to see Nayeon at the hospital today…”

“We are?”

“Babe!”

“I’m so sorry Jinyoung ah…I totally forgotten about it…” Mark got up from his chair and walked towards Jinyoung.

“I can’t believe you would forget about it…”

“I’m truly sorry babe…it slipped my mind…okay, okay…how about you lounge here for a while I attend this meeting…”

“Meeting?”

“Yeah…it’s just a brief meeting…I’ll just be down the hall…”

“Fine…” Jinyoung pouted. Mark just smiled.

“Don’t be mad okay?”

“I’m not…”

Jinyoung was pacing around the office when somebody walked in.

“Hey brother-in-law…” Tammy said with a smile.

“Hey sister-in-law…”

They hugged each other.

“I thought there’s meeting going on…” Jinyoung said.

“There is…but I’m not involved…Mark asked me to keep you company…”

“Thanks…it’s getting a little quiet here if you ask me…”

“So, how are you doing?”

“Good…I guess…nervous…”

“Well, every parent-to-be feel that…how’s Nayeon?”

“Great…got a text from her this morning…they’re monitoring her…since it’s her second pregnancy after the surgery…there’s mild contraction until a few hours ago…”

“When is her due?”

“Any day now…”

“It’s gonna be ok Jinyoung ah…” Tammy patted Jinyoung’s thigh.

“I’m just worried about her noona…”

“She’ll get through it…don’t worry…”

A call came to his phone.

“I gotta take this call noona…”

“Sure…go ahead…”

“Hello…yes Seokmin…me? I’m at Mark’s office…what?” he bolted up from his seat.

Tammy startled a little by the sudden move. Her eyes were on him.

“Ok, ok…I’ll be right down there…” Jinyoung hung up.

“What happened?” Tammy asked.

“Nayeon is in labor…I need to get Mark…”

Meanwhile…

“The developers agreed to our terms and condition…they asked a month to take all the necessary steps for the next phase…” Mr. Kim said, showing the slides on the big screen.

"What about the cost? Any delay?” Mark asked.

“Well, we’re actually ahead of schedule…so the cost is still within the range…”

“Good, good…how’s our investment in New Zealand? Any report?” Mark said, turning his attention to one of his executives.

“We’re still in the middle of negotiation…but by the looks of everything, there should be no problem…”

The door was opened and Jinyoung rushed in.

“Jinyoung ah…” Mark looked at his husband who’s panting and the end of the conference table.

All eyes on him.

“Babe…we’re having a baby!”

In Mark’s car…

“Are you nervous?” Mark asked, reaching for Jinyoung’s hand.

“I’m always nervous if you haven’t noticed…it’s understatement really…”

“We’re gonna be parents…”

“Yeah…after all the waiting…I still can’t believe it’s finally happening…” Jinyoung tightened the grip on Mark’s hand. “Are we gonna be ok babe?”

“We will be ok Jinyoung ah…I know you gonna be a great father to our child…” Mark kissed the knuckles of Jinyoung’s fingers.

“And I know you too…”

They arrived at the hospital 15 minutes later and saw Seokmin outside Nayeon’s room.

“How is she?” Jinyoung asked.

“I dunno hyung…the contractions are getting frequent…the doctors are in checking on her…”

Dr. Lee came out.

“Noona…” the three of them got up.

“So everyone is here…” she smiled. “Nayeon is in labor right now…the opening is already 3 cm…it’s just a matter of time…all we can do is wait…”

“Can we see her?” Mark said.

“Sure…but don’t stress her too much…she’s in pain…”

“Nae noona…”

Nayeon smiled when she saw Jinyoung and Mark came into her room along with Seokmin.

“Hey mommy…” Jinyoung caressed Nayeon’s hair.

“Oppa…” she said while trying to bare the pain she was feeling on her lower abdomen.

“After all of this over and you’re out of post natal, we’re sending you off for a holiday…just name me the place…I will make the reservation…” Mark held Nayeon’s hand.

“Thank you oppa…but right now, I want this baby to get out already…ahhh…” she winced.

“You okay Nayeon ah?” Jinyoung frowned, startled by the groan.

“It’s the contraction oppa…”

“You need anything baby?” Seokmin asked, staring lovingly at his girlfriend.

“I’m thirsty…”

“I’ll go get some water…”

A few hours later…

"She gonna be okay right?” Jinyoung paced back and forth along the empty corridor.

Mark got up and hugged his husband.

“Relax babe…she’s gonna be fine…”

A female nurse came.

“Mr. Tuan…Mr. Park…here…” she handed them a bluish colored hospital scrubs and latex gloves. “Put this on and follow me…Miss Nayeon is ready…”

They quickly donned the outfit and followed the nurse into the labor room.

“That’s it Nayeon…push!” Dr. Lee said encouragingly.

“Ahhh!!!” Nayeon groaned and she push with all her might.

“Good job baby…you’re doing good…” Seokmin cooed next to her, holding her hand.

“On 3…one, two, three…push!”

“Argghhh!!!”

Jinyoung and Mark held each other’s hand watching the delivery process.

“I see the head…push again Nayeon…”

Minutes later, loud baby cry filled the small room. Nayeon lay down, as the pain washed away, with Seokmin whispering sweet words to her ears.

“We got a boy…” Dr. Lee said.

Jinyoung and Mark looked at each other as the doctor wrapped the baby in a blanket and hand him over to the nurse.

“Which one of you is the father?” she asked.

“We are…” Mark and Jinyoung said together in unison.

“One of you please follow me…”

Mark followed the nurse.

“Oppa…” Nayeon reached for Jinyoung’s hand. “How’s the baby? Is he ok?”

“He’s fine Nayeon ah…Mark is checking up on him with a nurse…thank you so much Nayeon ah…” Jinyoung kissed Nayeon’s forehead.

“I told you oppa…I’m giving a life a chance to live and you’re both great parents…”

“Thank you so much…”

“You did great babe…” Seokmin said, winking at his girlfriend.

Outside the natal care unit…

“He’s a cutie isn’t he?” Jinyoung said as his eyes stared at the little cot at the other side of the mirror wall.

“Yup…he got your eyes…”

“He’s from my seed after all…” Jinyoung chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah…he’s perfect…” Mark wrapped an arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder. “So, we still need to give him a name…”

“Hmmm…Jio…Tuan-Park Jio…short and simple…what do you think?” Jinyoung looked at Mark.

“Perfect…just like us…”

*********************************

EPILOGUE

“Papa!”

Jinyoung turned around and saw a four year old came running towards him.

“Jio ya!”

“Look what grandma got me!” he grinned, waving a bar of chocolate in his hand.

“Chocolate again?”

His mom walked into the kitchen.

“Omma…you gonna spoil him rotten if you just keep giving him those treats…c’mere Jio ya…let Papa wipe your face…”

Jio was squirming when Jinyoung cleaned his mouth and cheeks, he wanted to ran away and enjoy the chocolates his grandma just got him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClAvL6HWMAAi-sm.jpg

“Let me take that…you had enough sugar for the day…”

Jio’s eyes fell when Jinyoung took his chocolate away.

“Papa…” he pouted.

“Jinyoung ah…he’s just a kid…let him have it…” Mrs. Park said, feeling sorry for her grandson.

“Well, you said we shouldn’t eat too much chocolate when I was a kid…”

“You’re my son and he’s my grandson…you two have different level…besides, it’s a small piece of chocolate…” she said.

“Papa…”

Jinyoung softened when he saw the puppy eyes his son giving him.

“Fine…this is your last one…we’re gonna brush your teeth when you’re done ok?” Jinyoung handed the sweets to his son which he took with a grin.

“Yes Papa…”

They heard cries coming from the second floor.

“Looks like the princess woke up…” Jinyoung smiled.

He walked to the stairs and saw Mark already coming down holding their 2 year old daughter in his arms.

“Hey Papa…” Mark said with a smile. Her daughter was nuzzling on his neck, tears staining her cheek.

“Aigoo Jisoo ya…” Jinyoung he patted Jisoo’s back. “She must be scared alone up there…”

“It’s okay princess, daddy’s here…”

The two walked to the backyard and it was filled with their family members.

“Who’s crying just now?” Mrs. Tuan went to them. “Come to grandma…” she picked Jisoo up, and the little girl was more than happy to snuggle against the older lady.

“Jio ya…slow down…” Jinyoung said when he saw Jio running around the yard, being chased by 8 year old Wonwoo.

Mark felt an arm circled his waist.

“I never thought this would happen if you ask me a few years ago…” Jinyoung said, leaning his head on his husband’s shoulder.

“So do I…babe…”

“Mmm?”

“Are you happy?”

“Happy? I’m beyond happy…I have two beautiful children and the best husband that I could wish for…I dunno about anyone else but I’m perfectly happy right now…”

“I’m glad…”

“Daddy, Papa!” Jio screamed, waving at his parents. He was on Hyunwoo’s neck as the man ran around, with Wonho on his back, nagging at his husband.

“I love you Park Jinyoung…”

“And I love you Mark Tuan…”

They were kissing but then were interrupted by Jackson.

“Get a room you two!” he said, glaring at the two.

“You’re just jealous…” Mark smirked.

“Well, as you can see, I have a lovely wife over there…”

“Then what the hell are you doing here interrupting my precious moment with my husband?” Mark glared at him.

“Someone need to help me at the grill…and since you’re the home owner, you should be helping me…c’mon…”

“Fine…” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s lips. “I gotta go…don’t miss me too much babe…”

“I won’t…” Jinyoung smiled

 

~~THE END~~

 

There you have it!!! MarkJin little family...I hope everyone was happy with the short sequel...you guys has been the greatest supporters and I'm truly thankful...

The boy was Hwang Jio, a kid ulzzang and I just thought he looked a little of mix of Mark and Jinyoung...

I'll be back with new MarkJin fic soon so keep your eyes open for the post...

Happy reading and flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!