CHAPTER 4

THE STORY OF US

”Seungkwan ah…” Seokmin nudged Seungkwan’s shoulder.

“What?” the guy stood up, closing the cooler door in front of him.

“Is it just me or I think Nayeon looked like she was glowing?”

Two pair of eyes went towards Nayeon who is sitting on a plush one seater sofa at the corner of the shop, knitting away, oblivious to the looking eyes.

“It must be the pregnant glow…you know…the glow that only pregnant woman has…” Seungkwan said. He looked at his friend and saw Seokmin had this grin on his face. “You liked her don’t you?”

“No…” Seokmin answered abruptly, looking the other way.

“You can’t fool me Lee Seokmin…I know you…you like her.”

“Maybe…just maybe…a little…”

“A little? Are you sure?” Seungkwan raised an eyebrow.

“She a beauty Seungkwan ah…and I’m just an average compared to her…”

“You think so lowly of yourself…have confidence a little.”

“But you have to admit…she’s gorgeous…and that baby bump is making her lovelier…”

“You’ve got it bad buddy…real bad…” Seungkwan tapped Seokmin’s shoulder.

Jinyoung walked out from the back smiling, listening to his employee’s conversation.

“Chamomile tea?” Jinyoung said, putting a mug or warm tea on the small coffee table in front of Nayeon.

“Thank you…” she gladly took a sip of the tea. “You make great tea oppa.”

“So I’ve been told. What are you making?” Jinyoung asked, looking at the bundle of yarn on Nayeon’s lap.

“A hat…they said knitting is great for pregnant mothers to keep calm and in peace…you like it?”

“I love it…”

“It’s great being in your shop surrounded with flowers…I hope I could came here after this…”

“You’re always welcome here Nayeon…we’re family remember?”

“Nae oppa…”

The bell chimed.

“Welcome to Young Blooms…” the greetings echoed.

“Good afternoon lovely people.”

Mrs. Park and Mrs. Tuan walked into the shop.

“Omma, mom…” Jinyoung went towards the older ladies and gave them a hug. “When did you get back from Hawaii?”

“Two days ago…”Mrs. Park said. Her eyes found Nayeon. “Nayeon ah…” she made a beeline towards the girl.

“Omonim…”

Nayeon was about to get up to properly greet them but Mrs. Tuan quickly prevent her from doing it.

“No, no, no…you don’t have to get up…how are you feeling?” she asked, Nayeon’s hair.

“Good…enjoying the smell of fresh flowers…”

“What brings the two of you here?”

“Well…Dorine and I were wondering if we could steal Nayeon for a day…” Mrs. Park said.

“Huh?” Jinyoung and Nayeon looked at each other.

“We’ve decided to take Nayeon for a day of pampering…you know…girls stuff…”

“Omonim…you don’t have too…” Nayeon said but she received a small swat from Mrs. Tuan on her arm instead.

“Hush! This is our decision and it’s final…today we’re gonna let our hair down and enjoy girls day out…I’ll call Tammy and your sisters too…I’m sure they gonna love the idea…”

“But mom…”

“Nope…your opinion is not counted!” Mrs. Tuan winked. “Seokmin ah…”

“Nae omonim…”

“Could you Nayeon to the car? And be careful…”

“Yes mam…”

Seokmin blushed as Nayeon grabbed his arm and walked to the door together.

“I’ll send her home later ok?” Mrs. Park patted Jinyoung’s arm. “Don’t worry…we’ll make sure she’s gonna be fine…”

“I’m not worried omma…”

“We better leave now Misoon…I’ve booked a spot for us at the spa…Tammy and the girls gonna meet us there…”

The ladies hugged and kissed Jinyoung before they left.

Night…

“Nayeon is still with them?” Mark said as he walked to the living room. He sat down on the sofa, taking an empty seat next to Jinyoung.

“Yeah…I dunno what our mothers do with her…”

“You’re worried…” Mark glanced at his husband.

“I’m being paranoid again…” Jinyoung sighed.

“Relax babe…Nayeon’s gonna be fine…our moms adores her…” Mark put an arm around Jinyoung’s shoulder.

“Can you believe it babe? Soon we gonna have little feet running around here…” Jinyoung leaned into Mark’s side.

“Aren’t you glad that we moved from that maisonette to this house? The backyard is a killer…”

“Let’s not forget about the pool…although we have to do some safety precautions about it since we’re gonna have kids…”

“Yes dear…”

“It’s still feels surreal huh? Saying that…”

“Definitely…”

An hour later…

“We should do this again sometime Nayeon ah…we hope you had fun with old girls like us…” Mrs. Park said, handing paper bags to Mark.

“Thank you so much omonim…I have so much fun today…” Nayeon smiled.

“Great to hear that…we have to go now…your fathers are wondering where we’ve been all day…”

“Those two can’t live without us right Dorine?”

“Oh yeah…”

In Nayeon’s room…

“So, you want dinner? I could make something…” Jinyoung said when Nayeon sat on her bed.

“It’s okay oppa…I’m stuffed…your mums made sure I’m well fed before we went home…”

“I hope they’re not pressuring you or something…”

“No…they’re sweet old ladies…I had to stop them buying me things…”

Nayeon got up and went to the window. Faint sniffle were heard.

“Nayeon ah…”

Jinyoung rushed towards Nayeon and saw the girl was crying.

“Hey…what happened? Is something wrong?” Jinyoung was worried.

“No…nothing is wrong…”

“Then what’s with the tears huh?”

“I’m just happy oppa…today, I felt like what it’s like to have a loving mother that doted you…as if you’re the most precious girl in the world…”

“Nayeon ah…” Jinyoung hugged her.

“I feel blessed oppa…knowing that this baby gonna have so many people loving her…you and Mark oppa gonna be the best parents ever…”

Mark walked into the room and saw Jinyoung and Nayeon crying in a hug.

“Do I need to know what happened here? Why are the two of you crying?” he asked.

“I’m just happy oppa…the hormones making me an emotional wreck…and your husband here…”

“I just tagged along with the tears I guess…”

“Well, we better leave Nayeon to rest…I’m sure she’s tired after being surrounded with the women of our families…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung, wrapping his arm around his husband’s waist.

“Rest well Nayeon ah…if you need anything just call either one of us…”

“Nae oppa…”

“Good night mommy…”

“G’night oppa…”

 

Short fluff chapter for my dear readers...as I say the story is a short fic and will end around chapter 7 so we're gonna have another 3 chapters left...

Happy reading and don't forget to flood the comment box...

BBYONG!!!!