CHAPTER 3

THE STORY OF US

“Are you sure about this woman hyung?” Mark asked Wonho as they walked to the conference room together.

“She’s trustworthy Mark…she just needed the extra money to further her studies next year…” Wonho said in assuring voice.

“By doing this? She’s pretty young…and how did you know her?”

“Well, her close friend is Wonwoo’s surrogate mother…don’t worry…you can ask anything you need to know…”

In the conference room, a young woman nervously seated, not knowing what will happen next.

“Sorry to keep you waiting Nayeon ssi…” Wonho said with a smile. “Mark had emergency meeting earlier.”

“It’s ok Mr. Shin…nice office you got here Mr. Tuan…” Nayeon said.

“Thank you…”

Mark took a seat opposite of Nayeon. He could see the young woman was nervous for some reason…not that he could blame her for it though.

“So Nayeon ssi…I’ve seen your papers…you said that you’re enrolling into art college next year?” Mark looked at her.

“Yeah…I just need the cash to help me get through it…I’m an orphan so I need to do things on my own…”

“But you know that this thing involve risks, uncertainty…and I’m very particularly choosy when selecting candidates since I had a girl who bailed out on me just before the procedure…” Mark still remembered the pain he felt that day when they broke the news…and there’s Hayoon case…it still give him shivers.

“I saw my friend did this and she said that she’s giving another life an opportunity to live and I know that you are a nice man and I’m sure your partner too… I know that this is my first time being a surrogate and I could give you my word that I would not do that to you…”

“Have you read all the terms and condition?”

“Yes sir…”

“Good…let’s wait for my husband and then we can proceed…”

10 minutes later, Jinyoung came.

“Sorry…I got stuck in the traffic…” Jinyoung said, closing the door behind him.

He looked and saw a young woman sitting across from Mark.

“Hey babe…this is Nayeon…she’s our candidate…”

Nayeon got up and bowed.

“Annyeonghasaeyo…”

Jinyoung stared at the woman…she was young, pretty and had two cute bunny front teeth.

“Are you sure she’s not a minor?” Jinyoung said, looking at Mark and Wonho.

“She’s already 25…here…look at her profile…”

“Nayeon ah, how about we go out and have a coffee? I think we both need caffeine right now…” Wonho said.

“Sure…”

Wonho and Nayeon left Jinyoung and Mark alone.

“Are you sure about this woman babe?” Jinyoung was doubtful.

“Well…yeah…she knew Wonwoo’s surrogate mom…and she’s not that bad…” Mark assured.

“Her profile is something else…it said that she’s enrolling in college next year…”

“She needed the money…and it seems like she’s a good girl…a lot different from our previous ones…”

“Well…if you say so…”

“Should we look again? I know you doubt her…”

“I just don’t want bad things happen again…”

“You and I both…” Mark held Jinyoung hands. “So, what do you say?”

“Let’s just go with it…we’ve waited for so long…”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes…I just hope we made a good decision…”

“Trust me on this ok?” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s lips. “Let’s go find them…”

*********************

In Jinyoung’s car…

“Jinyoung oppa…can I ask you something?” Nayeon said as she and Jinyoung left the clinic.

Nayeon was a month pregnant and they were together for the doctor’s appointment.

“Sure…” Jinyoung answered without looking and keep on driving.

“You don’t like me do you?”

Jinyoung glanced at the young woman.

“What do you mean?”

“Woman intuition is never wrong oppa…is it something that I did? Tell me and I’ll try to change it…make it better…”

Jinyoung stopped the car by the roadside. He knew that he was quite distant with the girl ever since the start.

“I’m sorry Nayeon…it’s just…I had bad experience with surrogates…”

“What happened? If you don’t mind I’m asking…”

“Well, the first one bailed on us last minute…when we found the second one, we thought she was perfect but then I caught her trying to seduce my husband…”

“Really?” her eyes widened.

“Luckily for me, I know Mark wouldn’t do that to me…and there’s no way Mark would bang a girl…there’s no single straight bone in that man for sure…”

“Ok, too much info oppa…” Nayeon giggled.

“Anyway…it’s just I’m being careful you know? I’m sorry if that make you feel that I hate you or something…how could I hate someone who’s carrying our baby in her belly?”

“Just so you know oppa, you can rest assure that I’m not interested in gay men…no matter how good looking they are…and married men? That’s a big no in my list…so you really don’t hate me?”

“No Nayeon…”

“Good…because I really like you oppa…you’re like the brother I never had…growing up being an orphan is lonely and without any siblings, it’s only getting lonelier…I only have Minyoung unnie as a sister…and she’s only a close friend…”

Then…

“Thanks for the ride oppa…” Nayeon said as she got out of the car.

“No problem…which one is yours?” Jinyoung looked at the little housing facilities in front of him…houses stacked on top of each other like deck of cards.

“That one…on the third floor…so, I’ll see you on our next visit…”

“Be careful…”

“Nae oppa…”

**********************************

Four months later…

“So, how is it noona?” Mark asked Dr. Lee Dahae, their private physician.

“Everything looks good…” Dahae said as her hand moved around the belly of a young woman on the bed. “There’s the head…feet and hands…we could know the gender by next visit…”

Mark and Jinyoung looked at the monitor and saw the black and white image on the screen. Smiles spread across their faces.

“Miss Nayeon…since you is in your second trimester, I need to remind you not to do any heavy physical movements…and don’t forget your healthy diet…but I’m sure Jinyoung is here to help you…”

“Yes doctor…” Nayeon got down the bed with Jinyoung’s help. “Jinyoung oppa is very helpful with that department…” she giggled.

“Good…your next appointment will be on the 14th next month…I’ll prescribe some vitamins for you…”

“Thank you noona…” Jinyoung said, holding Nayeon’s hand.

The three of them walked out of the examination room and sat down at the waiting area.

“I’ll go get the prescription…” Mark said, leaving the two alone.

“Nayeon ah…Mark and I was wondering…”

“About what?”

“Since that you’re in already in your fifth month, maybe you should move in with us.”

“Move in with you two?”

“Yeah…I mean…it would be easier for you since you will always have me around…and I’m getting worried that you have to go up those stairs to your apartment…more than the baby, I’m worried about you…”

“Are you sure oppa? I’m perfectly fine…a little out of breath every now and then…but other than that…I think I still can manage…”

“I know…I might sound like I’m some kind of paranoid parent-to-be but you’re family now…and it will give me a great relief if I can see you all the time…taking care of you…”

“Are you sure I won’t be a burden?”

“Burden? Honey please…you’re carrying our child, sacrificing your body for this little one…I feel like I’m being the burden…” Jinyoung caressed Nayeon’s baby bump.

“Oppa, you know…I’m such a lucky surrogate mother…you and Mark oppa are one of the nicest people I’ve met in my life…I’ve heard bad stories about surrogate mothers that being mistreated by the biological parents but look at me…it feels like I’m treated as if I’m some kind of royalty…”

“Like I said, we’re family…” Jinyoung held Nayeon’s hand. “So, will you move in with us?”

“Yes oppa…”

“Great! I’ll get your room ready and we can pack your stuff as soon as possible…”

“On one condition oppa…”

“Anything…”

“I can come with you to your flower shop.”

“Done!”

 

130+ subbers??? Ways to celebrate? By updating of course!!!

Ok, back to the story...MarkJin found a surrogate and it's TWICE's Nayeon (because she's close with Jinyoung and GOT7 in real life and I'm a TWICE fan!)

A step away from being a parent...what will happen next? Stay tuned for the update!!!!

Happy reading and don't forget to flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!