CHAPTER 6

THE STORY OF US

Mark ran towards the hospital entrance. He had dropped everything he was doing at the office when Jinyoung called him saying that Nayeon just got admitted into the hospital.

“May I help you sir?” a woman behind the counter asked him.

“Yes…there’s a woman just brought in here…Lee Nayeon…where is she now?”

“And who you might be?”

“I’m listed as one of her guardians…Mark Tuan…”

She checked her computer monitor.

“She’s still in the emergency…it’s that way…”

“Thank you…”

Mark found Jinyoung sitting on bench outside the ER.

“Jinyoung ah…”

“Mark…”

Jinyoung rushed towards Mark and hugged him.

“What happened?” Mark asked.

“I dunno…one time she said she was fine and then she said his lower abdomen was hurting…she said as if someone cut her open…I’m scared babe…her, the baby…”

“Everything is gonna be fine babe…have faith…” Mark rubbed Jinyoung’s back. Deep down, Mark was worried as well.

Then the door was opened and Dr. Lee Dahae walked out.

“Noona…”

Dahae took off her mask.

“How is she noona? How’s Nayeon?” Jinyoung asked first.

“Nayeon is fine…her blood pressure went back to normal…she’s not in any danger now…”

“Thank god…” Mark sigh a breathe of relief.

“But…there’s a bad new that I have to break to the both of you…”

Jinyoung and Mark looked at each other…their hands clasped together.

“We couldn’t save the baby…”

Jinyoung felt huge dark clouds forming on top of him….everything just dissolves and went quiet.

“I’m so sorry…we’ve done everything we could…let’s get into my office and I’ll explain everything…”

In Dr. Lee’s private office…

“Nayeon suffered from uterine abnormalities, meaning her cervix is not the usual shape…”

“But when they did the test for the surrogacy, they found that she’s okay…” Mark said.

“Well, the condition is only discovered when the pregnancy was fully underway.”

“Is she gonna be okay?” Jinyoung asked.

“She’s gonna be just fine…the good news is the condition can be treated with a surgery…if she decided to get pregnant in the future…”

“That’s good to hear…”

“I just wanna stressed that she probably emotionally unstable now…since women who experienced miscarriages can get into depression…just stay by her side during her recovery…”

“Yes noona…” Mark nodded. “And the baby…”

“It’s a girl…I’m sorry for your lost Mark…”

Jinyoung slumped on the bed when the get back to the house. He felt tired and emotionally drained from what happened that day. He watched Mark went into the bathroom. The car ride back was quiet and honestly he was worried about Nayeon’s condition more than anything.

It’s been 15 minutes and Mark was still in the bathroom. Jinyoung felt something was wrong and he went after his husband.

“Babe…” he knocked the door. “Are you ok?”

He opened the door and saw Mark sitting on edge of the bathtub with his face in his hands.

“Babe…you ok? What’s wrong?”

Mark looked up and tears streaming down his cheeks. He reached for Jinyoung and hugged him, burying his head on Jinyoung stomach.

“Oh baby…” Jinyoung caressed Mark’s head lovingly, his tears fell down too seeing his husband.

“I know I shouldn’t cry but I can’t help it Jinyoung ah…” Mark said between sniffle.

“I know…I’m so sorry…”

“It’s not your fault…or anyone’s fault…it’s just wasn’t meant to be…”

“I really wish that I could get pregnant and give you babies instead …that would be better for everyone…” Jinyoung sighed.

The two spend quite some time in the bathroom, crying their eyes out. This definitely one of their biggest marriage trial yet.

******************

Jackson walked into Mark’s office and found the guy was staring outside his glass wall, not noticing his presence.

“Hey cuz…” Jackson said, startling Mark a little.

“Hey…when did you get here?” Mark smiled. His mind was wondering away until he didn’t hear Jackson coming into his office.

“Just now…”

Jackson heard the long sigh that escaped Mark’s chest.

“How are you holding up?” Jackson stood next to Mark facing the city outside. “Your office did have a killer view…”

“I’ve been better…” Mark glanced at Jackson. He knew Jackson was worried about him.

“Youngji told me that you lost the baby…I don’t know how that feels like but you know I’m here for moral support…” Jackson patted Mark’s shoulder.

“I know…thanks cuz…” Mark smiled.

“No problem…how’s Jinyoung?”

“He’s still mourning…he didn’t tell me anything but I know he’s suffering too…”

“You both are…so, what’s next?”

“I dunno…we’re still undecided…I think better let this fade away first before we try any other option…”

“Just tell me if you need anything…”

“Jackson ah…”

“Yeah?”

“Do you think we should expand to medicine industry?”

“Medicine?” Jackson frowned.

“Yea…you know, funding research on how to get men pregnant…it will be such huge achievement don’t you think?”

“Are you serious dude?”

“Maybe…or maybe it’s just the desperate me talking…” Mark sighed.

 

Ok...sad chapter...TT TT~~~~(please don't be mad at me...)

One more chapter left...huhuhu...

Flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!