Chapter 4

The New Producer

Mir and Hoshi walked around on the streets carefully so that people wouldn't spot Hoshi.

 

"Where are we eating," Mir asked Hoshi after a while.

 

"We're almost there," Hoshi said as he smiled from under the mask, "its right there!"

 

Hoshi pointed at a restaurant in front of them.

 

"C'mon let's go," Hoshi said as he pulled Mir along.

 

'We're holding hands,' Mir thought and blushed.

 

The two walked in and took a seat as the waiter gave them their menus.

 

"Whoa," Mir exclaimed a bit surprised, "it's so expensive."

 

"Don't worry," Hoshi reassured, "I'm paying."

 

"No I'll pay for my share," Mir told him shyly, "I feel bad if you're paying this for me; it's really expensive after all."

 

"You're worth it," Hoshi said and winked at Mir.

 

Mir started blushing.

 

"Ohhh you're so cute," Hoshi chuckled.

 

Mir blushed a bit more and started to tell him off when the food came.

 

"Ohh looks delicious," Hoshi exclaimed like a little kid, "thanks for the food!"

 

The pair ate all the food and talked more, this time a bit more comfortably. When they were done, they walked out and went back to the company.

 

"I had a great time," Hoshi smiled, "thanks Mir, for accompanying me for lunch!"

 

"N-not at all," Mir said as she blushed, "I had a great time as well. Thanks Hoshi!"

 

The two went their separate ways, Hoshi back to the practice room and Mir to the studio. 'I can't believe I just ate lunch with my bias and the man I love,' Mir thought to herself happily.

 

After a while, the door to Mir's studio opened. Mir turned around expecting to find Hoshi but was greeted instead with the emotionless face of Woozi.

 

"Oh it's just you," Mir said, disappointed and pouting.

 

"Can I not be here or something," Woozi asked annoyed, "don't forget that I'm the reason why this whole building doesn't hate you."

 

"I know," Mir said, "no need to be so pissy though."

 

"Hmmm," Woozi thought for a moment, "nah, if I'm not mean then it's not fun."

 

"Ahh whatever," Mir yelled frustrated, "just leave already, you're ruining my mood. It was so nice before you came in."

 

"Why," Woozi asked.

 

"Why what," Mir replied.

 

"Why were you in a good mood and why did I ruin it," Woozi repeated this time more specific.

 

"Why can't I be in a good mood," Mir sassed.

 

"If you're gonna keep up that behavior I won't hesitate to expose you," Woozi threatened in a monotoned voice.

 

"Okay okay," Mir said unhappy, "meany, I was out with Hoshi okay?"

 

At the mention of the older male, Woozi's face scrunched up. He didn't know why but he didn't like the fact that Mir and Hoshi were so close with each other. He felt that Mir was his not Hoshi's and felt very pissed.

 

"He took me out for lunch," Mir continued explaining, happily, oblivious to Woozi's detest, "and we ate at this expensive restaurant. He said that he would pay for my food and I didn't want him to because I felt bad but he did anyway and the food was really delicious and he was so nice to me. His eyes are so pretty! Oh my god, that has nothing to do with anything hehe, don't tell him that please but like his eyes and face are so pretty and sometimes I just dream about them and ahhhh, he's so ing cute and y I can't take it!! Do you think he likes me? He's always so nice to me."

 

Woozi's expression was getting darker by the second and when Mir started talking about Hoshi, he became so annoyed that he wanted to choke her just to get her to shut up.

 

"Hello," Mir asked him, "are you even listening?"

 

"Yes and Hoshi liking you," Woozi said in a very cold and dark voice, "that's the funniest joke I've ever heard."

 

"That's not very nice," Mir pouted.

 

"Well if you wanted nice," Woozi glared, "why did you ask for my opinion?"

 

"Well you could've been a bit nicer," Mir murmured still unaware of Woozi's expressions, "like Hoshi."

 

At the mention of Hoshi, Woozi snapped.

 

"Well you know what," Woozi fake smiled, "I think Hoshi really does like you. Oh wait, I was just trying to be funny like you. Hoshi will never like you, or love you, never in a million years. No one loves you. I don't, Seventeen doesn't, and certainly not Hoshi. I bet your parents don't love you either. I mean, you're 16 and you've been spending the past month in this studio, don't think that I don't know the fact that you sleep here. And why haven't your parents called at all? It's obviously because they don't care. If they did, you probably wouldn't even be here. See? N.O. O.N.E. L.O.V.E.S. Y.O.U. and they N.E.V.E.R. will either so if I were you, I would just shut up about your stupid fantasies and get back to work on the songs."

 

Mir was shocked. Not only had Woozi just straight up destroyed her dream about Hoshi loving her back, he had also brought her parents into this. Her parents were dead, that's why she was here and why they haven't called her yet. With the mention of her parents, Mir turned stone cold. She was on the verge of crying and Woozi was just standing there with his smug face obviously happy that he had hurt Mir.

 

Woozi himself, felt very satisfied. Mir looked like she was going to cry and Woozi being the sadistic devil that he was, was ecstatic.

 

"Oh are you going to cry," Woozi asked unsympathetic, "did I hurt you too much? Well I'm sorry, not really, but the truth hurts. Sad that you couldn't see it sooner. This is why you don't be over ecstatic about stupid dreams like an idol loving you back; it's obviously never going to happen. Stupid girl,you should ju-"

 

"Get out," Mir said quietly.

 

"-st go home and never come back," Woozi continued, "even if you leave, no one will notice because no one cares. They don't love you so you should just ge-"

 

"Get out," Mir said again, this time a bit louder.

 

"Oh, yes exactly," Woozi nodded, surprised, "glad we're on the same page. You should just get out, wow, and here I thought that you were some brainless monkey unable to function properly and think. Glad to know you have some brains. Anyway, back to what I was saying, y-"

 

"Get out," Mir said again, louder and about to cry.

 

"Excuse me," Woozi asked, "did you just ask me to leave? Without me here, no one will like you okay? Oh wait, they don't haha. How funny, for a moment, I thought they did but then I was hit with reality."

 

"Get out," Mir repeated, "get out, get out, GET OUT!!"

 

"Whoa calm your ," Woozi said, still unaware of the situation, "you could've just asked nicely."

 

"GET OUT NOW," Mir screamed, "IF I EVER SEE YOUR FACE IN THIS STUDIO AGAIN I WON'T HESITATE TO KILL YOU."

 

"Excuse me," Woozi asked, pissed, "1. Do you want people to find out about the secret? And 2. You don't kill me . You can't kill me. I am Lee Jihoon, you can't kill me so off before I hurt you."

 

"DID I NOT SAY GET OUT," Mir asked/screamed, "SO GET THE OUT."

 

"I was gonna but not anymore," Woozi yelled back, "you are too rude to me. I'm not leaving nicely anymore. If you want me out, you're gonna have to do this the hard way."

 

"FINE BY ME YOU PIECE OF ," Mir screamed. Her eyes were dark and murderous. At this point, she didn't care if she killed Woozi, all she wants is to never see his face again.

 

She took a pen from the desk and lunged at Woozi attempting at gouging his eyes out. Woozi dodged her barely and stumbled. Mir kept on trying to hurt him and Woozi kept dodging. At one point, Woozi was cornered at the door. His plan was to have Mir lunge at him and then open the door to have her fall out into the hallway. As expected Mir dived at him but she noticed him turning the doorknob so she slowed down a little. In that second, her senses recovered a little and she noticed that she was about to kill Woozi right then and there. She didn't want to hurt him as mean as he was to her so when the door opened, Mir pushed Woozi out into the hallway and glared at him.

 

"Don't ever come back here again, bastard," she said coldly and shut the door.

 

Woozi stared at the door and was thinking about what he saw in Mir's eyes. They were cold, colder than his have ever been. 'Ah, what have I done,' he thought to himself, got up and went back to the practice room.

 

Meanwhile on the other side of the door, Mir was thinking hard about what just happened. She was almost about to kill Woozi. She can't be taken advantage of, this side of her must never come out ever again.

 

She went back to work and tried to forget everything that happened but can't. After working for hours without progress, Mir couldn't take it anymore and decided to go outside to get some fresh air.

 

Mir went to the nearby park and tried to forget everything but instead just started shedding tears. 'What's wrong with me?' she thought, 'why am I crying?'

 

"Are you alright," a voice asked.

 

Mir looked up to find the kind smiling face of Hoshi looking at her.

 

"Y-yes," Mir stuttered.

 

There was a long silence and then Mir bursted into tears.

 

"No," she admitted, "no, I'm not."

 

"Shhh," Hoshi cooed, pulling Mir into a hug, "it's okay, I'm right here. You don't have to cry anymore."

 

Mir continued crying in Hoshi's arms; for some reason, her tears wouldn't stop. After calming down, Hoshi pulled her away and asked her what happened.

 

"You don't have to tell me if you aren't comfortable," Hoshi reassured.

 

"I-it's okay," Mir replied, still teary, "I need someone to talk to right now."

 

"Okay," Hoshi smiled, "again, I'm right here for you."

 

"Thanks," Mir smiled.

 

After a long silence Mir finally decided to spill.

 

"So...."

 

[A while ago]

 

Woozi returned to the practice room feeling very glum and restless.

 

"Gah," he yelled, "I'm so stupid. She's probably never going to forgive me now."

 

"Hyung, you okay," a voice asked.

 

"Huh," Woozi said taken a back. He was so focused on his thoughts, he didn't know that he was already back at the practice room. He turned to look at the owner of the voice which was Mingyu.

 

"Oh," he replied emotionless, "I guess. Let's start."

 

"Oh, okay," Mingyu replied unsure of Woozi's behavior.

 

During practice, Woozi kept messing up and couldn't get the beat right. The others thought it was very weird since the small male was always the one on beat and yelling at others for not being able to do it.

 

"Yah," Hoshi finally yelled, "Jihoon-ah, you alright? You keep messing up."

 

"Oh my god yes," Woozi snapped, "I already said that I was so just leave me alone and let's just get on with practice."

 

"Yah, Jihoon," Jeonghan warned, "watch your tone. The reason why we're stopping is because you keep messing up."

 

"We're all worried for you," Joshua added nicely, "it's not like you to be so out of it."

 

"Maybe he had a fight with Mir," Seungkwan jokingly and quietly said to DK.

 

Unfortunately, Woozi heard them.

 

"Boo Seungkwan," he glared, "care to say that again?"

 

"Huh," Seungkwan replied nervously, "I didn't say anything."

 

"That's what I thought," Woozi said as he turned away.

 

"Woozi-ah," Wonwoo said, "be nice."

 

"I am being nice," Woozi replied still cold, "gah, whatever. I'm leaving, I don't feel well."

 

"But practice isn't over hyung," Dino stated.

 

"Do I look like I care," Woozi snapped and grabbed his coat and left.

 

"I don't think he's okay," DK observed.

 

"No genius," Mingyu said as he hit his head, "what should we do?"

 

"Let's just end practice for today," S.coups decided, "okay, everyone. Let's go home for today."

 

"Okay hyung," everyone replied.

 

They all went their separate ways: 97 + 98 lines decided to go play at the arcade, everyone else decided to go home, and Hoshi decided to go find Mir to hang out with. He arrived at the studio to find Woozi there instead of Mir.

 

"Yo," Hoshi greeted, "where's Mir?"

 

At the mention of her name, Woozi became annoyed.

 

"I don't know," Woozi replied rudely.

 

"I thought you went home because you weren't feeling well," Hoshi said.

 

"Do you need something," Woozi asked with a death glare.

 

"Nope, bye," Hoshi replied nervously and left quickly, "well, off to find Mir then I guess. I wonder where she would be."

 

-------------------------

(A/N)

So a bit more drama this time but still bad lol. I'm updating much more than I thought but it might not always be like this. Again, thanks for reading!