Chapter 2

The New Producer

Woozi led Mir into the work room and explained everything.

 

"Any questions," Woozi asked and gave her a tired look.

 

"No," Mir said, "now tell me what you want."

 

"Oh that," Woozi said and thought for a second, "I haven't decided. I'll tell you some time soon."

 

"Why," Mir pouted.

 

"If your going to be impatient I'll just go back and tell Hoshi about you," Woozi threatened.

 

"Fine fine, anything but that please," Mir submitted.

 

"Good, now," Woozi continued, "you do you and I'm leaving."

 

"What, where're you going," Mir asked.

 

"To practice since this isn't my forte anymore," Woozi said, "have fun."

 

"But then the lie won't work," Mir stated.

 

"I'll just say that you're taking care of it," Woozi explained, "since they know you as the assistant producer anyway; even though you're the producer."

 

"Ok ok," Mir shushed him, "fine okay I'll work alone. When's your next comeback?"

 

"I don't know," woozi said flatly, "after a while I guess."

 

".....fine," Mir shrugged, "don't tell me then. Go practice and leave me alone then."

 

"M'kay," Woozi replied, "bye."

 

Woozi closed the door and left Mir in the room alone. Mir felt kind of lonely being alone in the room without Woozi. But, it was her job not his so she couldn't persuade him even if she wanted to.

 

[Outside]

 

Woozi walked into the practice room much to the surprise of everyone since the tiny man always shut himself up in the studio and hardly left.

 

"Oh hyung," Dino asked, "you're practicing today?"

 

"Yeah, need a change of pace," Woozi replied.

 

"What about Mir then," Hoshi asked.

 

"Who," Seungkwan asked.

 

"This girl," Hoshi replied, "she's a new part of our team according to Jihoon."

 

"Oh hyung," Dino said excited, "where is she? Is she older or younger? Can we meet her?"

 

"Uhh in the studio, I don't know, and no," Woozi replied.

 

"Why," Dino whined.

 

"Cause she's busy," Woozi explained.

 

"With what," Hoshi asked.

 

"Making songs," Woozi said.

 

"Isn't that your job," Jeonghan asked.

 

 

"Ah yes," Woozi said slowly, "she's the new assistant producer so I let her work for a while to see what she can do."

 

"Oh I see," Joshua nodded, "and now you have free time to practice with us right?"

 

"Yeah," Woozi said relived, "so here I am."

 

"But shouldn't we meet her," Mingyu asked.

 

"Uhh," Woozi thought for a moment, "no she's busy."

 

"Aww, c'mon Jihoon," Hoshi pestered, "don't be selfish. Share with everyone."

 

"She's not mine," Woozi replied, coldly, "and I don't want her."

 

"Yeah so then share hyung," Seungkwan asked, "we just want to meet her."

 

"No," Woozi restated, "she's ing busy guys so just let her do her thing and when she's done then you can meet her."

 

"How do you know if she's done," Jeonghan asked, "for all we know, she could be finished already."

 

"Yeah right," Woozi scoffed, "it's only been 20 minutes."

 

"She might be some genius producer, you never know," Joshua said.

 

"Oh my god fine I'll go get her holy guys," Woozi fumed, "ing idiots."

 

"Language," Joshua warned.

 

"Your not my mom, off," Woozi grumbled.

 

"I bet he's pissed right now," Hoshi snickered.

 

Everyone started laughing as Woozi left the room to get Mir. 'God these monkeys, so ing annoying,' Woozi thought.

 

Woozi opened the door to the studio to find Mir working hard. She was completely focused on what she was doing and didn't notice Woozi at all.

 

"Yo," Woozi said, "the members want to meet you, let's go."

 

"Huh what," Mir said as she turned around, confused.

 

"The members of seventeen wants to see you," Woozi explained, enunciating every word, "let's go."

 

"Why," Mir asked, "why do they want to meet me?"

 

"I don't know but they want to," Woozi said, "so stop arguing and let's go!"

 

"Ok ok fine," Mir quickly said, "but before that, you wanna here the demo?"

 

"Demo," Woozi asked, "to what?"

 

"The new song," Mir explained.

 

"You're done already," Woozi asked surprised, "wow maybe you are a genius."

 

"Hehe, thanks," Mir mumbled shyly, "here I'll let you listen."

 

Woozi listened to the song. The beat was slow yet comforting. It wasn't slow to the point where it was boring but it was just... slow. It actually had a pretty catchy rythme and was quite addicting. 'This is good,' Woozi thought.

 

"So," Mir asked shyly, "do you like it?"

 

"Mm," Woozi replied half listening, half concentrating on the song, "y-yeah."

 

"Is it that bad," Mir said disappointed, "I'm sorry, I knew I would fail. I'll go tell my uncle to put you back on the job."

 

"N-no wait," Woozi said, "it's not bad. I was just surprised with the quality. The beat is extraordinary and it's really slow but addicting. It's really hard to make slow songs addicting yet you made it happen. A-as much as I don't want to admit it, i-it's.... good."

 

"Really," Mir said excitedly, "oh my god thank you for loving it. It's still a work in progress though. I'll make it really good for you guys I swear. Thank you Woozi!"

 

Woozi felt his heart beat for a second. 'What is this feeling,' he wondered.

 

"Y-yeah no problem," Woozi smiled, "can't wait for the final product. Now let's go. My members are going to question me if we stay any longer and that's annoying as hell so please move your along."

 

"Sheesh," Mir said with a pout, "hmph, no need to be a meany, I going okay?"

 

The two of them left the studio and walked towards the practice room. They opened the door to see seventeen taking a break from practice; everyone was sweaty and tired. They looked up and saw the small man with an equally small woman enter the humid room.

 

"Mir," Hoshi greated happily, "nice to see you again."

 

"And I don't get a hello," Woozi retorted with a scoff.

 

"Sorry," Hoshi said embarrassed, "hello to you too."

 

"Hi Hoshi, great to see you again," Mir said beaming.

 

"Hyung," Dino asked, "is this the girl you're talking about?"

 

"Yeah," Hoshi replied, "okay guys, this is Mir. She's new here so treat her nicely."

 

"Hi," Mir smiled shyly, "nice to meet you. My name is Kim Mi Ran but you can just call me Mir."

 

"Hi Mir," Dino greeted, "I'm Dino. How old are you?"

 

"Haha, yeah I know," Mir replied shyly, "I actually really like seventeen. And I'm 16 by the way."

 

"Oh," Seungkwan said surprised, "you're a year younger than Dino?"

 

"Yeah," Mir said, "but I don't like calling people oppa though."

 

"Ah I see," S.coups nodded, "don't worry, you don't have to. But you said you're a big fan of seventeen?"

 

"Haha yeah," Mir chuckled shyly, "I'm a huge fan."

 

"Who's you're favourite," Hoshi asked.

 

"Um.... it's," Mir muttered softly, "you, Hoshi."

 

"Really," Hoshi said with a huge grin, "aww thanks. I appreciate it."

 

"M'kay well," Woozi intervened, "now that you've all met her, she needs to get back to work on the s-"

 

Mir looked at him with puppy eyes that pleaded, 'please don't tell them.'

 

"On her assessment project for me," Woozi finished, "so let her go please and let's continue with practice."

 

"Aww," Seungkwan pouted, "just 2 more minutes please Woozi hyung?"

 

"No," Woozi replied coldly, "go let her do her work."

 

"Doesn't that mean that you have to go as well," Joshua questioned.

 

"Uhh," Woozi said while glancing at Mir. Mir was pleading him to make up an excuse so she wouldn't be found out. "No, it's an assessment for me, which means she works alone to prove herself," he explained with a cold tone.

 

"Oh okay," Joshua nodded, "yay, so you can practice with us."

 

"He said that the first time he came," Jeonghan reminded.

 

"Oh yeah," Joshua said embarrassed, "oops."

 

"Well I have to go do my assessment project guys," Mir said suddenly, "I'll see you all around. Bye!"

 

"Bye," they said in unison.

 

"Wow," Dokyeom said, "she's cool."

 

"Yeah I know right," Hoshi added, "and she's also really pretty as well right?"

 

"Oohh," Jun teased, "someone got a crush?"

 

"Hehehe maybe," Hoshi replied while blushing.

 

"Aww hyung," Dino teased, "how cute!"

 

Everyone started laughing but for some reason, Woozi couldn't laugh with them.

 

-------------------------

(A/N)

Still really bad lol. Probably won't be updating as much as I'm doing now but please still show some love and support! Also this is like a bit after the boom boom era just saying and the songs she's working on... well, you'll find out later! Still thanks for reading this horrible story (don't worry, I know it's bad).