Man in Love

As Good As It Gets

 

Dongwoo knows just exactly how much Howon hates Canon; that’s part of the reason he even chose the song. After all, if Howon’s too busy worrying about the music, he won’t have time to be nervous, right? (Plus, there’s always the fun in teasing his best friend).

Pity it didn’t turn out so well.

It’s okay, though; the ceremony was still a success, and honestly, Dongwoo even cried a little. His efforts throughout the years had definitely paid off.

After all, the two had enrolled in the same university, and while they didn’t major in the same subject, they did both find jobs at neighboring companies.

Dongwoo only had to point them in the right direction, and he’s glad it worked out the way it did.

Right, back to Canon in D. Time to pause that beautiful piece in lieu of something that more suits Howon’s taste.

Smirking, Dongwoo presses the play button on his phone, which is linked to a giant speaker hanging on the wall. Immediately, upbeat music blasts through the ballroom.

‘I start humming along to love songs I didn’t like before…’

Sunggyu’s head snaps up. “When a man’s in love,” he screams, clutching Howon close to him. “He wants to stay by your side!”

Howon starts crying again. Damn, he’s cried a lot today. Dongwoo just laughs and turns away.

‘There’s so much he wants to do for you.’

‘When I’m in love, I want to give you everything in my life.’

“Just one expectation,” a rich voice sings from behind. Dongwoo turns around and meet dark, amused eyes. “Your heart.”

Woohyun holds out Howon’s bouquet, smiling. “When a man’s in love,” they finish together.

“Did he throw it?” Dongwoo asks, taking the flowers. “I was too busy crying.”

“Nah.” Woohyun laughs, and for the first time, Dongwoo realizes how radiantly his friend shines. “He tossed it away for Sunggyu-hyung, so I picked it up. I thought it would be a waste to throw them away.”

“But why me?” Dongwoo buries his nose in the flowers to hide his rising blush. “Do you want me to plan my own wedding?”

Woohyun smiles, looking away, and flushes red. “Well, hyung,” he answers a bit shyly, “we’re the second-most important couple here, aren’t we?”

He leaves the question hanging, and Dongwoo hums, handing the flowers back. “If we’re the second-most important couple,” he murmurs, “then why aren’t we together yet?”

Woohyun looks at the flowers in his hand, at Dongwoo, who smiles gently, and then back at the flowers. “Is this…” He hesitates, as if afraid of confirmation. “Hyung, are you asking me out?”

“What do you think?” Dongwoo leans over and takes Woohyun’s hand. “Let’s not steal the show, though. They deserve it, and besides, we’ll have our own day someday.”

“Howon is so planning our wedding,” Woohyun smirks, pressing a chaste kiss to Dongwoo’s shoulder. “Let’s be together forever, hyung.”

“Of course.” Dongwoo threads his fingers through Woohyun’s, and he leads the shorter man towards the champagne table.

“Oh, by the way.” Woohyun’s voice turns teasing. “Why Infinite? They’re such an old group, and ‘Man in Love’ is probably their cringiest song.”

“Oh my God.” Dongwoo whirls around, grabs Woohyun’s face, and kisses him. Woohyun makes a small, surprised sound in the back of his throat but kisses back. When they finally break away, Woohyun’s eyes are glazed over, and his breathing is quick and shallow.

“Now will you shut up?” Dongwoo asks gently. Woohyun buries his face in Dongwoo’s chest and nods. Dongwoo laughs, holding him close. “Then come on, let’s go join the party.”


Yes, can you tell I love the surprise kisses? XD also!! I know there have been a looooot of requests for Woosoo, and I promise I'll try to write a Woosoo story sometime soon! Btw, there's still one more chapter left of this story.