Two.

As Good As It Gets

 

“What do I wear?” Howon whines, pulling out article after article of clothing. “Hojun, you’re better at this than I am. Help me.”

His younger brother never looks up from the game he’s playing. “That one black shirt that’s insanely tight on you and those black skinny jeans you wear to dance.” His voice drawls with boredom, and Howon smacks the top of his head.

“I look terrible in that,” he protests. Hojun pauses his game, puts down his phone, and throws the outfit at his brother.

“No,” he says seriously. “Trust me on this one. He won’t be able to take his eyes off of you.”

With only ten minutes to one o’clock, Howon growls, pulls on the outfit, and grabs his keys, leaving Hojun behind with his idiotic giggling.

He hopes Sunggyu, by some godsent miracle, looks worse than he does. Oh, and Hojun for making him wear, first off, long pants, but also all black, during the summer. Howon’s barely left the house, and he’s already dripping with sweat.

The grocery store is amazingly popular considering the time of day, and Howon parks in the first available space he sees. He takes just a moment to calm his crazy heartbeat. Should he jog? Should he walk? Should he run? No, parking lots are way too dangerous. Howon decides to walk like any normal person going on a date (is this a date?) would.

Even from the farthest side of the parking lot, Howon can already see Sunggyu, standing awkwardly in front of the pillars that were made to stop cars from ramming into the store. The older boy has his head bowed over his phone, seemingly uncaring, but he looks up at every car that passes, every person who walks by, and Howon realizes how nervous he is.

And no, as he gets closer, Howon can see that Sunggyu does not, in fact, look worse than he does. In fact, he looks a thousand times better. Sunggyu is wearing white, all white, which is a pretty smart choice given this heat. He wears a fitted t-shirt that shows off the curve of his chest and skinny jeans that exhibit the shape of his legs. Holy, ing, , he looks so good, and he immediately perks up when he sees Howon.

“Damn” is the first thing that comes out of Howon’s mouth when he finally reaches Sunggyu. “You dressed up for me” is the second.

Is it Howon’s imagination, or is Sunggyu blushing? No, that’s impossible. Kim Sunggyu is shameless; it must be the heat.

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” Sunggyu throws back with a smirk. “Now come on, I’m about to melt.”

The inside of the store is freezing cold, a refreshing difference from the sweltering heat outside. As soon as the air conditioner hits him, Sunggyu lets out a moan of ographic level. Immediately, he flushes, glancing at Howon, who covers a laugh with his hand.

“Does it feel good?” he teases, brushing the backs of his fingers against Sunggyu’s burning face. “Do I make you feel good, baby?”

Sunggyu slaps Howon’s hand away with a scathing glare. “You know I would dom,” he growls, subconsciously reaching for Howon’s hand. He seems to catch himself, however, and attempts to pass off the gesture as dusting Howon’s pants. “What the did you sit in?” he mutters, embarrassed.

Howon blushes as Sunggyu’s hand accidentally brushes against the front of his pants, and Sunggyu draws back, refusing to meet his eyes. “Let’s go look for free food,” he suggests, moving ahead. Suddenly, Howon is struck by an inexplicable urge to have Sunggyu stay in his life, and on impulse, he reaches forward and takes Sunggyu’s hand.

Sunggyu freezes. Howon freezes. Sunggyu’s fingers in Howon’s hand are soft, elegant, and now, hesitatingly, they curl around Howon’s, holding his hand in a loose, shy grip. Grinning, Howon tightens his hold and drags Sunggyu to the deli section.

“Come on, hyung!” he exclaims, using his free hand to flip open the plastic covering on the sample tray. He looks back at Sunggyu, who is blushing like a tomato, flusteredly trying to hide his furious blush with only one hand. He seems like he wants to cry and laugh at the same time, and finally, he takes a shaky breath.

“Warn me next time you’re going to do something like that,” he mutters without conviction, gingerly touching the back of his hand to his cheek. Howon bites back a laugh and holds out a small paper cup.

“Smoked ham, hyung?” he asks innocently, putting on his best cute face. Drawing in a long breath, Sunggyu finally meets his eyes, and slowly, a smirk spreads across his face, mingling with the faint flush still lingering on his high cheekbones.

“I’ll smoke your , Lee Howon,” he growls slowly, good-naturedly. “Damn, you’d taste so good, I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from eating you up.”

Quickly, Howon shoves the ham into Sunggyu’s mouth, effectively shutting him up for the time being. “There are kids here, hyung,” he grins, lowering his voice to a husky whisper. “But you’re welcome to find out back home. I’d welcome you anytime.”

They stay like that for a long time, gazes locked, gauging each other, still holding hands, until Sunggyu finally smiles.

“Let’s go find more food.”

The rest of the afternoon passes amidst laughter and blushes (Howon notices that Sunggyu blushes a lot), and Sunggyu realizes with a jolt that he still doesn’t have Howon’s number. Cue a frantic exchange of phones and tapping, and right before he leaves, Sunggyu leans in to kiss Howon on the cheek, letting his lips linger just a bit.

“Don’t be surprised if I show up at your window tonight,” he whispers, breath ghosting over Howon’s skin. Howon shivers, but Sunggyu is already walking away, throwing back a scandalous wink, and Howon is left alone with his bursting heart, wondering how much he could love a person, wishing Sunggyu could stay with him for just a little while longer.


Hoo boi XD smoked ham and smoked is my favorite part of this entire story. I laughed a million times, legit every time I read it, and I laughed every single time. Expect The Eye update sometime today.