Chapter 7: The feelings

Unable

 

Mark used to keep his room in dark. Not that he didn’t want it light but he prefered dim light to bright one. So that he only kept a table lamp next to his bed lighten up, and JinYoung had nowhere to sit rather than Mark’s bed with his palm over an wound.

 

“Wait for a second. I’ll be back soon.”

 

Mark left for his first kid aid, left JinYoung alone in a totally strange room. He nodded in reply, sat at the edge of Mark’s bed, and took a look at his room.

Mark is a straight up person, he always says his mind out loud if he has any concerns or doesn’t keep anything in mind for long. Knowing him for more than a month, JinYoung didn’t understand Mark fully but somehow he got to know how to deal with his hot temper in specific cases. He is the leader after all, and that position is much more stressful and pressure than anyone can think of.

 

As straight as his personality, Mark’s room was indeed simple and tidy. One single bed, one table beside and one bookshelf at the back of the room. JinYoung couldn’t see clearly how many books he had nor which type of books were shown due to the dim light, but by looking at the five cells full of books, the older must love reading so much.

 

JinYoung shifted his eyes to the table beside. There was a photo frame on the surface. It was photo of Mark and his colleges maybe. It looked like Mark’s team before he was promoted to a Leader.  They all smiled in their navi colored uniform, the guy at the center was holding something like a cup, seemed they got a prize for a competition or something. Mark stood at the left of the photo, smiled cheerfully while putting his arms over his friends’ shoulders. He looked so young and innocent, completely different from his usual cold image at this time. JinYoung couldn’t help but smile when thinking about how cute Mark was in the past.

 

“What are you looking at?”

Mark voice echoed through the room, made JinYoung snap out of his thought. He put back the frame to its original place and glanced at Mark who brought a box toward him.

 

“You old photo.” JinYoung didn’t hide his smile, pointing at Mark on the photo. “You were so cute back then.”

 

Mark sat beside JinYoung, took his injured hand and started to clean the wound and smile at the same time while thinking about the past.

“That’s when my team won the first place for shooting competition. I was 19 at that time.”

 

He blowed JinYoung’s wound a bit, thought that it would be less painful if he did that. JinYoung kept silent as Mark bandaged his hand carefully like was afraid of hurting JinYoung. And even it’s just a minor injury that he would never care about, he couldn't help being touched by this gentle. Somehow he even doubted himself whether Mark had his soft spot for him only.

 

“It’s done.” Mark said, looked up at JinYoung before turned around to put back everything into the box. JinYoung’s hand was still on Mark’s thigh and he didn’t know if he should take it back or not. It’s not awkward just by a slightly touch like this, wasn’t it?

 

“Do you need me to help you take a bath?”

Mark suddenly asked when JinYoung still thinking if he should go back to his room. And this question made him taken back. JinYoung widened his eyes, shifted a bit to lengthen the distance between them with his shocking expression on his face.

 

“What do you mean?”

“Ah...nothing.” The older seemed freeze for a second before realized his sentence could have another meaning. He shook his head then tried to explain. “I mean … if it’s inconvenient for you to do it by yourself… since your hand is … I will not mind … if you…”

“I’m good.” JinYoung interrupted. He felt his face all heat up all of sudden. They were not talking about something inappropriate, it’s just a normal conversation about his condition after all. “You don’t need to-”

“Okay then.” Mark quickly said. He took his clothes from his wardrobe and went straight to the bathroom after left a message for JinYoung. “I will take a shower now, you can rest here if you want.”

 

Closed the door behind his back, Mark exhaled loudly, leaned on the wall and tried to calm his heart down. It would be a lie if he said he didn’t feel anything. He didn’t mean to strip the younger off but the way he reacted made him a bit embarrassed. In attempt to erase the inappropriate thought of out his head, Mark stood below the shower, let the cold water wash him off. But it reminded him of the first time he met JinYoung in the younger’s room. Mark shook his head, then turned to look at the door which separated him and JinYoung at the time, mumbled to himself.

 

“It’s not like I haven’t seen you anyway.”


 

---


 

Jackson knocked JinYoung’s door few times but no one replied. It seemed JinYoung was not in his room as he didn't see any light coming out. Wondering where the younger could go, Jackson took out his phone and dialed the familiar number. The latter didn't pick up but after a few calls, he noticed JinYoung was coming over. He walked slowly as thinking of something and didn't realize Jackson was standing there all the time.

 

“Hey JinYoung!” Jackson called out as the younger was trying to open the door without greeting him. “Did you hurt anywhere?”

 

“I’m fine, Jackson.” JinYoung said, waved his hand and pushed the door to open. “Why are you here?”

 

“Came to see you if-” He didn't finish his sentence when he saw JinYoung's left hand was bandaged in white. He grabbed the latter’s wrist to stop him. “What's this?”

 

“Nothing.” JinYoung said. “Mark is just over worried. He made me to do this.”

 

“Mark?” Jackson furrowed his eyebrows at this name. That meant JinYoung was with Mark all the time when he was long waiting for him over here, wondered if he hurted anywhere or felt unwell. He smirked at himself, this lonely feeling may never be noticed by JinYoung at all. “He did that for you?”

 

JinYoung turned the light on, led Jackson to his room. And without any words, the older pulled him into a sudden hug, made the latter freeze at his spot. Jackson had been acting strange recently, like he was into the younger too much to let him go anywhere out of his sight.

 

“Why are you being like this?” JinYoung tapped Jackson’s back to comfort him. Maybe he was just overwhelmed by a feeling that he was injured. “I said I’m all fine.”

 

“I don’t know.” Jackson buried his head to the younger’s neck, his natural boyish fragrance that Jackson loves so much was changed to something mixed with manly one, and it made him angry for no reasons. And without thinking, he opened his mouth and bit JinYoung’s neck solidly.

 

“What are you doing?” JinYoung yelled, his palm covered the bitten mark then pushed Jackson away, looked at him with an unbelievable gaze. “What’s wrong with you, Jackson?”

 

“You smelled of other man.” Jackson lowered his head, his voice was husky and a bit cracked.

 

“Then what?” He hissed. “I was in Mark’s room then of course I will-”

 

“I hate that.” Jackson interrupted when he lifted his eyes which turned red somehow. “I hate the fact that you are attached to him. Did you any chance-”

 

“Stop it!” JinYoung looked mad, not that kind of angry when someone annoyed him but kind of upset when he was disappointed. “What’s the matter if I’m attached to him? Who are you to control me?”

 

“I’m your best friend, no?” Jackson gloomy said, he looked hurt and desperate. “You just know him for weeks.”

 

“He is our Leader, Jackson. OURS.” JinYoung emphasized, trying to reach the older’s hand. “So why are you-”

 

“But what if…” Jackson paused. He didn’t know if he should say it or not, that maybe Mark had intention for you.

 

“If?”

 

“Nothing.” He decided to skip it. “Forget what I have said. Sorry for being too agitated.”

 

And with that, he went out and slammed the door closed at JinYoung's face, left the younger in shock for not understanding what happened to him.


 

---


 

Jackson met Mark on the corridor few minutes later. The Leader looked like had been coming out of the water, his hair was wet and he's smelled of shampoo. Jackson was not in the mood of greeting anyone so he decided to pretend not seeing him. However the older didn't get it.

 

“Hey Jack.” Mark called out, stared at his face. “Was you fighting with someone?”

 

“No.” He replied in short, tended to avoid talking until he saw a cell phone on the older’s hand, the one that not his. “Where are you going?”

 

“To JinYoung.” Mark smiled, lifted his arm to show the phone toward the latter. “He left it in my room. And it was vibrating non stop when I was in bathroom so I think someone needs to talk to him.”

 

“It's me.” Jackson lowered his voice, looked everywhere except the older’s eyes. “I just worried… Thank you for taking care of him for me.”

 

Mark met a glimpse of the latter eyes when he was about to reply, and before he could open his mouth, Jackson went straight to the point.

“You know how much I treasure him, don’t you?”

 

“Why are you asking me this?” Mark raised his eyebrows, his hand which was holding JinYoung’s phone tightened automatically. “What do you-”

 

“Do you have any intention for him?” Jackson asked directly. “If yes-”

 

“It’s none of your business.” Mark interrupted. He unknowingly raised his voice. “Why are you always being like this? Jealous over little things and seem trying to set a fire? Our team have many things to worry about at the moment while you are sticking with jealousy. I know you  worry about JinYoung but shouldn’t you feel thankful when he was treated?”

 

“I said thank you already!” Jackson angrily yelled.

 

“Then what’s with your expression? I can’t care for him as a friend or college, can I?” Mark questioned back. “You are too sensitive, Jackson.”

 

He knew he was over thinking and too protective for JinYoung, he knew he likes him that much but he didn’t want to confess at all. It’s not like he didn’t want to be with him, but the thought of being rejected was too strong, considered the way JinYoung acted toward him as well as other people. JinYoung was nice and friendly, gentle and thoughtful, everyone would fall for his charm easily and Mark is not an exception. It’s just the matter of time, Jackson thought. But he couldn’t conclude anything too soon.

 

“Okay, If you said so.” Jackson sadly said. “See you tomorrow.”


 

---


 

It’s past midnight and Jackson was still awake. The clock was ticking regularly, those little sounds were so clear in the dark. And even this kind of sound could be heard every single day, it became so annoying yet comforting at the same time. Jackson laid down on his bed, stared at the ceiling which he couldn’t see clearly, thinking about what Mark said earlier as well as his own behavior these days.

 

He liked JinYoung, he didn’t deny a bit. From the first time they met, JinYoung was like a light of confidence, he always stood out for whatever he did and that attracted Jackson the most. From the time they became a team, the distance between them was never been that short. He ate together, slept together, worked and played together and never aparted. At that time Jackson just thought that they were closed friends, or even best friends that sticked to each other. JinYoung didn’t refuse him any time he asked, with his smiles brightened his days, Jackson never doubted his feeling towards the younger and vice verse.

 

Until the time when that incident happened, as a team Leader, JinYoung blamed himself for the whole thing and excluded Jackson from all of it. He received all the punishment and even lost everything: his job, his position, his honor and his proudness while Jackson was being fine as nothing happened. Despite Jackson’s efforts to carry the responsibility, he was kept to work in the Force and even received Dedication rewards few years later. He felt sorry for JinYoung but unable to do anything to repay until the hardest mission ever coming, and his current Leader asked if he can bring JinYoung back.

 

Don’t have to think twice to know how thankful Jackson was to do it. He went straight to JinYoung to asked him to return but all he got was the younger’s rejection. However he presented here three days later and it’s because of Mark - the one that he met for the first time and didn’t know what kind of person he is. Maybe he felt bitter back then, but didn’t realize until two of them was getting closed more and more.

 

Jackson sighed deeply, turned to lay on his stomach. Yes, he agreed he was jealous with Mark but he didn’t want to risk his friendship with JinYoung either. Between two options, he couldn’t choose any of them. And that’s the reason why he was so irritated.


 

“What are you doing here at this hour?”

 

BamBam asked, didn’t glance at him for a second. It’s 1AM and the younger was still awake, concentrated on whatever devices he was making. Jackson went to his room for some chatting since he couldn’t make it to sleep.

 

“Insomnia.” Jackson replied.

 

“Not that bad, huh?” BamBam paused, turned to look at the older who was sitting on his bed. “What made you like this?”

 

“Myself.” Jackson laid down on the younger’s bed. It smelled of BamBam and somehow he felt so relaxed. “I can’t think straight.”

 

“Tell me, what are you thinking of?” BamBam stood up to walk over, and sat beside Jackson who was closing his eyes. “If I can help.”

 

“I don’t think you can-” Jackson said, but still continued anyway. “I’m wondering whether I should confess to JinYoung or not.” He hesitated a bit. “You knew it right? JinYoung and Mark are being closed these days, and I have a feeling like being … ignored.”

 

“I thought you don’t want to scare JinYoung away.” BamBam laughed, tapped the older’s back. “But if you want me to say, then confess to him. You won’t know how he thinks about you if you don’t take it first.”

 

“Really?” Jackson sat up straight, stared at BamBam eyes as checking if he was honest. The younger quickly looked away. “JinYoung is a sensitive person, I bet he knew it already.”

 

“What if he pretend not to know?” BamBam waggled his legs, glanced at the older who still freezed at his spot. “He didn’t want to ruined your friendship, maybe.”

 

It took more than two minutes for Jackson to think, and in the end he decided to confess. After dialing JinYoung’s number, he realized it’s half past one, and the younger would sleep already. However the sound of waiting ringing was so hopeful and he didn’t to end it himself-

 

“Hey, Jackson?”

He startled when the younger’s voice filled up the room, he sounded sleepy but adorable at the same time.

 

“Are… are you sleeping?” Jackson slammered. “Am I bothering you?”

 

BamBam rolled his eyes at the silly way of starting a conversation. He threw an inefficient gaze at Jackson before went straight to his desk to continue his work earlier, let the older dealing by himself.

 

“I have one thing to say.” He heard the older stated. “I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

End chapter 7-

--------------------------------------------------

I've been back after long time ^^ Hope you enjoy this chapter!!