Chapter 6: In the past

Unable

Hello,

As the title of this chapter, you will get to know what happened to JinYoung 5 years ago.

------------------------

 

The road from Mokdong to Seoul is quite short. And if the criminals wanted to get rid of policemen who they were chasing, they needed to do it quickly, before they reached Seoul. That means, in around fifteen minutes, Mark and JinYoung would be shot, or the criminals would be caught.

 

Mark drove as fast as he could. However, it’s unable to avoid their attack in a wide and straight road. At this hour, it’s fortunately that the street was not crowded, so that citizens would not be affected. Mark tried to shunt from left to right continuously, and JinYoung had a hard time to fight against them either. He kept his gun on one hand and other hand holded onto the window, wobbled every time Mark turned the wheel.

 

“Are you OK?” Mark asked when he glanced at JinYoung for a second. He looked so struggling and out of control but his eyes were so firm.

“I’m fine. Keep going.” JinYoung replied, once again turned back to shot at the Ferrari behind, right at an arm which swung outside.

“Nice shot, huh?” Mark smirked when JinYoung sat back down. The younger didn't smile at all while looking at the mirror. The Ferrari growled loudly and ran faster, and instead of aiming on people inside, they started to shoot on the tires. By this way, they would make the latter’s car out of control then kill them more easily.

“Hold on tight.” Mark said when he realized the criminals’ change of strategy. His car kept shunting here and there and JinYoung swore he smelled something like burning rubber when Mark drifted on the road repeatedly.

“I have to bring this one to vehicle maintenance soon.” Mark bitterly said when his car was getting damaged nonstop.

JinYoung even giggled at his statement before turning around for another gunfight.


 

---


 

Jackson promised that he would come to

support Mark in 10 minutes at most. But they had no idea where exactly their Leader was being. Therefore when YuGyeom drove at his best, Jackson’s eyes were fixed on the left of the road, searching for a familiar car and maybe a red Ferrari following.

 

“Have you seen anything, hyung?” YuGyeom asked, checked his watch at the same time. It'd been 5 minutes since they departed and they were coming near the Seongsan bridge which crossed over Hangang river.

“Not yet.” Jackson squinted his eyes at the sun light. It's almost noon and using raw eyes at this hour is not a nice idea. “I hope they haven't reached the bridge yet. It would be so terrible for fighting over a river.”
 

It’s about 7 minutes after Jackson and YuGyeom departed, they were in the middle of Seongsan bridge and the older noticed a familiar black Mercedes was running wobbly in the opposite direction. Three seconds after, they saw a red Ferrari following so fast, and of course they didn't miss the sound of a gunfight.

“YuGyeom ah, you need to turn.” Jackson said, his gun was ready in his hand.

“Forty seconds to the turning point.” The younger replied solidly. He even speeded up, made it near the maximum. “Hold on tight.”

 

Jackson hadn't experienced YuGyeom’s driving so far. He just knew that the youngest one is just a speed guy who likes things fast, and what he showed till now was just like what Jackson does when he's in rush. So when the younger reminded him to hold on tight, he didn't take it seriously until their car made the reverse turning exactly 40 seconds later.

The car rotated 180 degrees while the hood seemed glueing to one point, made the rest swung like a swing. Jackson was mostly thrown out of the car if he didn't get the seat belt buckled. The whole scene happened in just one second before YuGyeom speeded up to the max once again, joined two cars ahead in a chasing game. Jackson widened his eyes, stared at the younger who looked normally calm with unhidden admire expression on his face.

“You are so crazy!” Jackson exclaimed.

“Gather yourself together, hyung.” YuGyeom smiled. “We will meet them in one minute and thirteen seconds.”
 

It's unbelievable but they got to reach the Ferrari exactly one minute later and had thirteen seconds left to catch them before they arrived Seoul, as what's YuGyeom said. It looked like Mark’ car’s tires were exploded, as the car kept swaying and tended to go to the right. And with that, a Ferrari would catch it up in 5 seconds at most.

“YuGyeom.” Jackson lifted his gun, gave an order. “Could you go to the left of that Ferrari about 30 degrees? I need to see the driver.”

“No problem.” He replied, turned the car as the older required.
 

In this situation, Mark’ car would crash into the barrier in few seconds. And Jackson had at most the same amount of time to make the Ferrari corrupt or stop. So he decided to attack the driver. Although the criminals must be caught alive, sometimes it's just unavoidable.

 

Jackson squinted his eyes, aimed at the driver’s head, inhaled deeply before pulled the trigger. The car collided with Mark’s a bit before crashed hastily onto the barrier, half of it wrecked and he swore two guys inside must injured badly if they were not dead. So instead of checking Mark and JinYoung’s state, YuGyeom and Jackson went to rescue the criminals first, called ambulance for them before taking the two broken vehicles to the maintenance.

 

“We have to go with those guys to the hospital.” Jackson said when Mark and JinYoung were waiting for their car to be taken. “Do you two come along or go back to the Force?”

“Just two of  you is enough.” Mark said while turned to YuGyeom. “JinYoung and I will go home. There is something we need to check.”

“Got it, sir.”


 

---


 

On the way to the Force, or it could be called Home somehow, sitting at the back of a taxi, Mark noticed blood on the back of JinYoung's hand. The younger seemed not realize he was injured, let the red liquid stain on his pants freely. Mark furrowed his eyebrows, slightly touched the latter’s hand.

“Don't you feel anything?”

 

JinYoung startled a bit by this touch, took his hand away and quickly glanced at it. Mark’s hand fell on the younger’s thigh, but he didn’t move at all. JinYoung lowered his head, tried to swept the blood away.

“It’s just a minor wound. I’m good.”

 

Then they became quiet again. After a short silence, Mark was the one who spoke first.

“Please come to my room when we are home, I will give you a first aid treatment.”

“Thanks.” JinYoung mumbled under his breath. The chasing previously was excited at first, since he hasn't done it for long time but it made him a bit tired afterward. So he just leaned back, eyes closed slightly in attempt to take a snap for a while.

Mark otherwise didn't want this moment to be passed this way. This was the one and only moment when just two together and they didn't talk about work. It's kind of personal space where he could touch without being cautious.

 

“Thank you for today, JinYoung.” Mark said, it's more like an whispering.

“Why so sudden?” JinYoung asked back, eyes still closed. “It's my job after all.”

“You seem enjoying this job a lot.” Mark hesitated. “So why… why did you quit back then?”

“I was imprisoned, you know.” JinYoung slowly opened his eyes, staring at the window. “I thought you knew my story before asking me to return here?”

He turned to Mark who looked confusing. The older stole a glance at him before lowered his eyes to look at a blood stain on his pants.

“I heard a few things about you.” Mark replied. “But not fully.”

“It's not nice though.” JinYoung bitterly said. “I don't think you want to hear.”

“I was always curious.” Mark paused, and continued after few seconds. “About … you.”

 


 

A twenty one years old JinYoung was the most ambitious and skillful agent of Special Mission Force. Excellent graduated with nearly perfect score, he was not only good at theory but also practices, ranked first in every competition within the industry, participated in most of the mission and all of them were succeeded, being praised for his abilities and achievements as the best employee of four quarters in a row. And as the result, he was promoted to be Leader of team X at his 22, the best team at that time who handled all mission at government level required.

 

Being the youngest Leader at that time, you don't have to think twice to know how proud he was. People admired him for his abilities at work, but at the same time felt irritated when sometimes he became arrogant. One of his team members, the one who respected him the most and protected him from any bad mouthing was Jackson. Jackson never been against JinYoung in any cases, followed his order without doubts and being the best friend in his life.

 

It was mid May, about 4 months since JinYoung became a Leader. The Force received a request from President to arrest an arm smuggling organization who roped imported weapons from State on the way to Korea. This kind of mission would obviously be assigned to team X where JinYoung was the main one to take care of.

 

Confident with his actions plan and too subjective about clues he had, JinYoung found out where they gathered and when they would sell those roped weapons to the third party. Without any doubts, he decided to attack them on time to catch both parties, using the whole X team that contained 9 people at that time. As JinYoung was trusted by his colleagues, based on what he had done for the Force so far, no one questioned him about the plan which contained lots of flaws. And none of them could guess that was the last mission JinYoung had done as a team X Leader.


 

On the exchange day, Jackson drove a van to the right place. Seven members brought all their contact devices and enough gun as well as bullets, ready to attack the building once the criminals started their dealing.

 

It's about 1PM, 5 minutes after they saw two groups entering the observed building with some huge boxes. JinYoung directed seven members to attack one particular room which he found some tracks inside. Jackson was willing to come along but he kept him in the van together, to check if anything went wrong to inform the team in time. And that moment was the most unforgettable and painful in his life, as the building exploded instantly right after the team entered assigned room, made all of them dead on the spot. That was a trap that all of them, especially JinYoung fell into.

 

The mission was failed completely. The well known team X was deleted, JinYoung was investigated for his responsibility and action. He indeed admitted all his wrongs and got the punishment that he deserved. Jackson was moved to another team, and only received a remind for his responsibility, continued working in the Forces normally. He's desperate to get the same punishment as JinYoung due to his guilty feelings but it was not accepted.

 

JinYoung was imprisoned in 5 years, his house was confiscated, his profile was blacklisted in government’s databases, not allowed to come back or move to any related jobs. And that changed JinYoung's life completely.


 

---


 

“What did the doctor say?”

YuGyeom asked when Jackson went out of the hospital. The two guys in that Ferrari were in emergency room for 3 hours. One of them, the driver, was dead as expected from Jackson who shot him on the head. And the other was still unconscious. The doctor said they will inform him once this guy woke up. Jackson also assigned one of his colleagues to keep an eye on him, protect him in any cases and for further investigation.

 

“They said it could take several days for him to wake up.” Jackson sighed, tightened his seatbelt. “What an useless case.”

“They seem to be in rush, don't you think?” YuGyeom said as his car departed from the parking slot. “Even attack us first.”

“It looks like we touched something from them, and they started feeling unsafe. We need to find out what they are trying to do.”

YuGyeom grimaced a bit as it reminded him about something. “I wonder what Mark and JinYoung hyung got today to make them so overactive.”

“Hmm… me too.”




 

When Jackson and YuGyeom were back to the Force, YoungJae and Bam were in their usual meeting room while Mark and JinYoung were nowhere to be found. The two gave the earring back to Bam and asked him to check the records. YoungJae had experiences about this kind of task so he decided to support Bam. And now they were here, listening every lines of Mrs Han conversation to make sure nothing slipped.

 

“Where are Mark and JinYoung?”

Jackson was the first one to ask, he needed to see his friend if he got injured or anything. But knowing two of them disappeared together made him a little upset.

“They said JinYoung needs a treatment.” Bam replied as he put down his earphones.

“How bad is it?” Jackson panicked when he heard the word treatment. That means JinYoung injured.

“Just minor.” Bam said. “A small cut on the back of his hand, because of the fight earlier.”

It didn't stop Jackson from worrying. He nodded his head before turned around to search for JinYoung, left YuGyeom to other two.

 

“Three of us again.” The youngest said as he sat next to Bam, picked up the earring shape device.

“Why didn't you tell him that JinYoung is in Mark’s room?” YoungJae glanced at Bam who smirked at himself.

“Let him find out himself. He wouldn't stop even if I told him so, you know?” He replied, put on his earphones and listened to the record one more time.

 

 

 

 

-End chapter 6-

 

-----------------------------------

How was it? I'm not good at describing actions but I hope you got the feeling ^^ And sorry for this short update.