Name tag ripping

Idol life: Reunion under the cherry blossom tree (Discontinued)

Fast forward a bit, and it became the time for name tag ripping. The sabatoger team was ahead of the normal team by 3 points, which isn't enough to secure an automatic victory, so we have to eliminate all the other members of the opposing team to win. One by one, everyone enters the aquarium building where we had to hide, and stand altogether. The production crew tells us to go into separate booths and put on headphones again. I enter my booth, and the recording starts playing.

"Mia-shi, you are on the sabotager team. Currently, you guys are 3 points ahead of the other team, and your time to make Jongkook take off his shirt has already ended. To win, your team must rip off the name tag off of every member from the other team. As stated in the previous recording, you, Mia-shi, are to use your martial arts skills to complete a 2-minute timed challenge first, then you will be released to rip name tags. You can also earn extra points by finding pictures and totems of members scattered around the aquarium. Be careful though! There are also golden envelopes and recordings with clues about the identities of the sabotagers! Be sure to dispose of those golden envelopes and recordings properly! Good luck!"

When everyone steps out of their booth, we are all made to turn in different directions, blindfolded, and guided somewhere. When I take off my blindfold, I'm in one of the smaller presentation rooms of the aquarium. It has a small stage, where I see 16 guys dressed in hapkido uniforms kneeling on the ground. A few members of the production crew are there as well. I walk up onstage and am handed my challenge card. I read it out loud, showing the card to the camera momentarily.

"Mia-shi, your challenge is to memorize the order in which shapes of a specific color appear as they flash on the screen behind you. There will be 3 rounds, each showing between 5-8 shapes of different colors. Answer by breaking the board that the corresponding guy is holding, get at least  2/3 rounds right to win. If you lose, you must wait 2 minutes to try again. In those 2 minutes, anyone from the other team can barge in and rip your name tag off. If you do win, then immediately after, you must break 4 boards to complete the challenge before you are set free. Good luck and don't forget that this IS timed."

I give a thumbs up to the PDs. I want to start as soon as possible to avoid any unwanted confrontation. She screen flashes 6 colored shapes in rapid succession, and I was lucky enough to to get all of them. I turn and see the guys lined up, with some holding the boards at a height for kicking and some holding the boards at an angle for punching. Alright...so red square, yellow hexagon, light blue triangle, purple rectangle, orange circle, green tree. So that's a punch, high kick, punch, kick, low kick, and punch. I break the boards perfectly and look towards the PDs to see if I had the correct answer. They ring the bell for success and we promptly continue. This time, 8 shapes are shown. I know the first 5, but for the last 3, I'm honestly not sure. I look at the choices, and two of which are very likely to be the correct answer for the 6th shape, but I don't know which one. I'm pretty sure the color was navy blue but was the shape a bold and thick arrow, or a slightly skinnier arrow?! I look at the clock and see that I have only a minute left, so I give my best guess, which of course, was wrong. It all came down to the final round, where 7 shapes were shown. I channeled in the  Hawk-eye abilities of Ha-Eun eonnie and pulled through on the last round, getting it correct. Now with only 15 seconds on the clock, the guys quickly set up 4 boards which I break immediately. The crew applauds as I look at the timer, finishing with 6 seconds left to spare. Now THAT was quite the time crunch!

I exit through the back door of the room and roam the halls for a bit, finding Yugyeom's picture and totem. While I walk quietly, trying to find someone who finished their challenge, I see Se Chan enter a room around the corner. I silently enter the room he's in, his back facing me while he has earbuds in, listening to a recording which I'm guessing has a clue on who the sabotager is. I creep up behind him and rip off his name tag with a swift movement. Se Chan turns around and laughs. He is visibly startled but gives me a thumbs up anyway. Seconds later, his name can be heard through the loud intercom.

Se Chan OUT! Se Chan OUT!

I listen to the recording, which gives a riddled clue that I am one of the sabotagers. I promptly delete the file, replacing it with the sounds of the ocean wildlife. Now feeling safer, I exit the room, seeing Haha walking down the hallway.

"Hey Haha sunbaenim, have you seen Jimin or Taehyung anywhere? I got a riddled clue, which I believe hints at Jimin or Taehyung being sabotagers."

"Ok was the clue from a recording or envelope?" 

"It was from a recording. I heard it from the room over there. The recording said that the sabotager has a fiery hot-blooded personality. I know that Jimin and Taehyung are generally normal, but why the use of the words fiery and hot-blooded?"

"Hmmm...I do get your point Mia-shi. I'll keep your words in mind and be on the lookout. Sadly, we must split now, because I don't want anyone to think that we are sabotagers. Bye~!"

I head down the stairs and run into my favorite tall koala. Sadly, she would have to go. I place one hand for protection on my back, and Emma suddenly stops running towards me for a hug. Instead, her eyes show the feeling of uncertainty and fear. I calmly walk towards her as she carefully takes steps back. I force her into a corner, where we duke it out and I immediately get her name tag. Emma pouts cutely, obviously sad.

"Sorry, Emma! Eonnie will make it up to you by buying you food later ok?"

Just down the hall, I could hear yet another fight going on, so out of curiosity I walked over to help.

Emma OUT! Emma OUT!

I found Jungkook, Kwangsoo, and Jihyo duking it out for each other's name tags. Kwangsoo somehow gets Jihyo's name tag, but now it's just Kwangsoo against Jungkook...yeah that's not a good situation. I wait behind the corner for a chance to attack and rip off Jungkook's name tag, and the chance finally present's itself. I take large silent strides, before a burst of energy flows through me and I bolt towards Jungkook. Of course, Mr.Capable hears me, and twists around, shoving Kwangsoo in my way instead. I throw some fake kicks in Jungkook's direction, and he flinches, but that still isn't enough for Kwangsoo to rip off his name tag.

Jihyo OUT! Jihyo OUT!

Kwangsoo OUT! Kwangsoo OUT!

Sensing danger, I run away from Jungkook and try to find cover. Jungkook bolts after me and I can sense him approaching closer and closer to me. I find a shortcut to another room, propping and swinging my body over the fence, I land tucking and rolling onto the floor only a few feet below me. I run down yet another set of stairs, ending up on the first floor. I can hear Jungkook approaching from above, so I run into a souvenir shop around the corner and quickly change into a dolphin mascot costume. I tell the cameraman following me to hide as well, which results in him hiding amongst the hung clothes towards the back of the shop. I end up posing next to the promotional sign while wearing the stuffy costume. I look through the small gap left by the open mouth of the mascot costume. I see Jungkook pause and look around, trying to find me.

Taehyung OUT! Taehyung OUT!

Jimin OUT! Jimin OUT!

 I secretly smile under the costume. I think that maybe Haha found Jimin and Taehyung just like I wanted. Man...just realized that I have told the more lies and betrayed more people today than I have ever in my life so far...don't know if this counts as me executing a smart game tactic, or just being a sly fox. I'll worry about that later. Jungkook doesn't seem to be moving at all....how long is he gonna stand there? I'm honestly just might give up...I can't spend another 5 minutes in this costume!! Just then, the intercom blares with a message.


Attention. At this time, two members of the normal team have found the identities of 2 sabotagers. The sabotagers are Mia and Yugyeom. Watch out for these two!

Jungkook finally leaves, and I wait for a good half a minute just to be safe. I lift the heavy head of the costume off of me and step out of the suit as well. The cameraman comes out of his hiding spot as well. At this time, I see Somin and Chanyeol round the corner, immediately followed by Jaesuk and Haha. Jaesuk and Haha see me and quickly start running in my direction, but to their surprise, Somin and Chanyeol stop in their tracks, not following in pursuit. They instead attack Jaesuk from behind, leaving Haha to me.

"Mia-shi! You sure are clever for making me go against Jimin and Taehyung, who were on my own team. I totally underestimated your ability! Afterwards, Yugyeom convinced me as well! You guys sure are impressive."

"Sorry Haha sunbae, but I had to do my job as a sabotager properly. Also, beware sunbae. The PD-nims said that I can use my hapkido abilities when ripping name tags, as long as I don't injure the other member."

With that in mind, Haha sunbae and I fight for each other's name tags. I'm afraid to use my hapkido abilities because I don't wanna hurt Haha sunbaenim, but here goes nothing. I grip onto Haha sunbae's arm and flip him gently over my shoulder, ripping off his name tag in the process. 

Haha OUT! Haha OUT!

I now direct my attention to Somin, Chanyeol, and Jaesuk. Jaesuk rips off Somin's name tag easily, now fully directing his efforts towards Chanyeol. I first go over to Somin sunbaenim and give her a thumbs up and hug, before running over to help Chanyeol. I see that both men had a tight grip on each other's name tags, about to rip them off any second. I assist in ripping off Jaesuk's name tag. Chanyeol and I high five each other and do a victory dance.

Somin OUT! Somin OUT!

Jaesuk OUT! Jaesuk OUT!

Currently, there are 4 members of the normal team, and 4 members of the sabotage team. It is time once again to announce members of the sabotager team. The normal team has eliminated Kwangsoo and Somin from the sabotager team, but there are still 9 more. As said before, 2 are Mia and Yugyeom. Another 2 are Chanyeol and Rose.

"Chanyeol oppa, let's stay together for now. Our identities are revealed anyway, so sticking together might help the chance of winning."

"Ok. I won't refuse a chance to spend some extra time with... a cast member, while simultaneously improving chances of winning at the same time."

Good thing Chanyeol oppa didn't suddenly flirt on camera...that would be BAD. We roam the building, finding bignose Suk-Jin and eliminating another member.

Suk-Jin OUT! Suk-Jin OUT!

With a bit more walking around, we hear a battle nearby, seeing Rose and Yugyeom against Jackson and Shownu. We go to offer assistance, with me trying to protect Rose and myself as best as possible. The men battle it out for quite some time. In the end, Jackson and Shownu are out, but we lost Chanyeol, with Yugyeom getting a narrow escape. Now the only person left...was Mr. Capable.

Shownu OUT! Shownu OUT!

Jackson OUT! Jackson OUT!

Chanyeol OUT! Chanyeol OUT!

All three sabotagers stay together, looking in unison for Jungkook. As we round a corner, Jungkook sprints out of nowhere and takes my name tag off, leaving only Yugyeom and Rose left. The men in black come to me to the resting area and I leave Yugyom and Rose with a wish for good luck, cause they sure are gonna need it.

I haven't even arrived at the resting area yet when the intercom blares with the final announcement.

Yugyeom OUT! Yugyeom OUT!

Rose OUT! Rose OUT!
I lower my head in defeat but clap nonetheless for Jungkook's amazing ability.


Author here! Yes, I realize that running man doesn't really do name tag elimination anymore, but I still thought it would be fun to use my imagination! Happy New Years lovely readers! MysticAce OUT!!