CHAPTER TEN

Love At Fourth Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minah took her phone out from her pocket and dialed her father’s number.

“Daddy? I just got a great idea for our future executive editor Yoojung! Let’s give her a chance to go to her dream university in New York!” Minah smirked.

.

.

The next day, Yoojung wrote a resignation letter to be given to the director of Ceci. She braced herself up to face all the disappointment, hurting and regrets to throw away such a fine job, her dream job.  But she loved Daniel more than she loves her job and nothing in this world could compare her love for Daniel. Yoojung prepare herself to go to Ceci’s headquarter to meet Kim Chang Po. Yoojung kissed Daniel’s cheek that was still sleeping on the other side of her bed.

Yoojung sat down on the cold bus station metal bench while waiting for her bus. She wondered what job should she apply to after she resigned. As the yellow bus came, she stood up and went inside to the bus. She went down on the station near to the headquarter and make her way to Ceci director’s room.

.

*knock knock*

“Come in.”

After Yoojung heard a warm voice asked her to come in, she opened the door slowly. She walked in and bowed to the director with the resignation letter on the end of her hands.

“What is this?” He asked.

He took the letter and read the outer title outside the envelope.

“Resign? Why are you resigning?” He asked.

“I have a personal reason for this Sir, I’m truly sorry.” Yoojung answered.

He looked disappointed. He looks sad.

            “If this is your final decision, then I can’t do anything about this. But please let me repay your hard work in Ceci.”

Yoojung was confused by what The Director wants to say.

            “I’m sorry Sir but what are you trying to say?” Yoojung politely asked.

            “I have recommended you to the best Art School in New York and I showed them your portfolio and they loved you!”  He stood up and gave me a letter of acceptance.

 

[YOOJUNG’S POV]

I felt my heart stopped at the sight of the acceptance letter from New York Art School. I never thought a day like this would come. I never thought I’m able to prove myself to NYAS and impressed them with my humble portfolio. I took the letter from the Director’s hand and gently opened it. My name was stated there on the letter and they also stated that my fee was fully covered by them. That means I got a full scholarship. This doesn’t make sense. I covered my mouth as my jaw dropped in disbelief.

“You’ll surely need to resign in order to take this golden chance.” Mr. Changpo smiled. “Congratulation on your acceptance.”

The director reached his hand out for a hand shake and I gladly took his hand. I bowed down with a grateful heart and walked out from his office. Inside the elevator, I took out my phone and dial Daniel’s number.

“Yeoboseyong?” Daniel answered with his aegyo.

“I GOT ACCEPTED IN NEW YORK ART SCHOOL WITH FULL SCHOLARSHIP!!” I squeled excitedly.

“WHAT!? Really?? Congratulation I’m so proud of you babe.”

“But the class will start next month.” I lowered my excited voice.

“So? Just go!”

“But..” I stammered.

“But what?” Daniel asked.

“How about you?”

“Me? Are you seriously worrying about me? I’ll be fine babe, go and make the other new york editors shivers.” Daniel said.

“Really? Are you okay with that?” I asked.

“Of course! I’ll always be here for you.” He assured me.

“When I come back, you can hold my hand while walking down on the red carpet.” I giggled.

“Are you kidding me? I won’t be walking on the red carpet with you.”

I was taken aback.

“When you’re back, I will walk down the aisle with you.” Daniel finished his sentence.

.

Is Daniel proposing me?

[END OF POV]

 

With Daniel’s super busy schedule, Yooju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter