3/4

(Special) Stay away from me

Since that day, the two’s relationship got better. Youngdoo became a bit bearable and nicer with Doha and Doha accepted Youngdoo’s ways slightly bit. The younger male kept asking help from the elder regarding his study and both of them became close buddies. Doha didn’t mind sharing the bed with Youngdoo anymore; sometimes they would spend the night before sleeping with random talks. Youngdoo talked about his late mother in one of the night talks and how did he become idols. Doha shared about him seeing study and graduate with good grades was a way to repay their parents where Youngdoo about that’s not everything in life telling Doha to enjoy life more. They learnt a lot about each other, Doha showed Youngdoo the view of life while Youngdoo painted the beauty of exploring new things to Doha.

“Here. You’re almost forgetting this.” Youngdoo said as he handed Doha’s student ID that left on the coffee table. Doha blinked.

“Shoot. I’m so doomed if I left it.” Youngdoo smiled.

“I remembered about the first time we met.” Doha looked at Youngdoo and rolled his eyes almost instantly. Youngdoo frowned. “What’s with the face?”

“Because I remember how annoying and a jerk you’re that time.” Youngdoo snickered. He walked towards Doha who was looking at his stuff in the bags, making sure he didn’t left anything. Doha startled when he felt a puff of air on his neck. He almost screamed when he found Youngdoo was standing so close to him, arms around him. Doha wanted to say something but he was too stunned.

Youngdoo just smiled and reached for his wristwatch that was on the other side of the table, in which he needed to go over Doha to reach it. Somehow that act made him looked like was hugging or trapping Doha between his arms. Youngdoo kept his eyes on Doha, small smile played on his lips. Doha who just noticed what happened smile back, almost chuckling with his earlier thought. He didn’t know why he was too stunned back there. Doha nudged Youngdoo away as the younger stood there without having the intention to get moving. “We’re going to be late, quick.” Youngdoo chuckled and moved away. Both of them left the house together later on.

“Can we get lunch together later?” Youngdoo asked before stepping out from the car. As usual Doha would drop off the younger at the back gate to avoid fans. Doha turned to Youngdoo.

“I would be at my usual place with Jinseok at the same time. Just come to us.” Youngdoo hummed.

“Just I thought to have only us...” He trailed off and Doha didn’t clearly hear that.

“What are you saying?”

“Nothing, see you at lunch.” Youngdoo ran his hand on the back hair of Doha before getting out. He flashed a smile as he walked away. Doha was stunned, slightly feeling overwhelm over the simple touch. ‘What was that?’

Ignoring, he went to park the car at the usual place before meeting Jinseok at the entrance. Jinseok beamed as he saw Doha. Doha raised his brow when Jinseok gave him unusual grin. “What’s up with you?” Doha asked when he walked beside Jinseok to the class. Jinseok beamed. He actually witnessed what happened between Doha and Youngdoo earlier and he couldn’t keep his fanboy smiles away.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing? There’s sure something when you sing-song your tone.” Jinseok giggled. Doha narrowed his eyes and Jinseok decided not to answer but instead questioned out.

“Hey, do you have time tomorrow? Let’s go out.” Doha looked at Jinseok.

“Where?”

“Oh, come on. It had been a long time since we hang out.” Jinseok grinned. Doha huffed.

“Let’s talk the details later over the lunch.” Jinseok nodded. Doha just shook his head, knowing Jinseok would probably drag him around for a shopping spree.

The lunch didn’t come too slow but not too fast either. When Jinseok and Doha went to sit at the usual place, Youngdoo was already there waving his hand happily when he spotted them. Jinseok’s eyes lit up upon seeing his idol and skipped his way to the table. Doha stifled a laugh as he saw Jinseok’s reaction and followed after. Youngdoo beamed as he greeted Doha, even though clearly Jinseok sat there first. Jinseok didn’t mind anyway, he was looking at them with love eyes.

“How long you’re here?” Doha asked.

“Just a minute. Hi, Jinseok.” Jinseok grinned.

“Hi!” Jinseok chirped. Doha laughed. Youngdoo just smiled. “I didn’t know you’re joining us.”

Youngdoo looked at Doha. “You didn’t tell him, hyung?”

“Forgot, but you’re here first anyway.” Doha said simply. Youngdoo pursed his lips while Jinseok bit his inner cheeks trying not to fanboy over the interaction before his eyes. He cleared his throat and looked at Youngdoo.

“Right! Are you free tomorrow? I want to go out with Doha, if you’re free you can come too.” Doha blinked.

“What? Eh, no. Don’t agree.” Youngdoo raised his brow while Jinseok stared at him. Doha blinked. “Er, well. I think Jinseok plans to drag me around the mall, so I think-” Jinseok puffed his cheek and nudged Doha annoyed.

“Damn you, I plan for a movie okay? Not shopping this time! My favourite movie is coming out tomorrow.” Jinseok said sulking. Youngdoo just smiled while Doha rubbed his nape.

“Oh... yeah? Erk, well you often do that so I thought it was just another-”

“Meanie. Anyway, Youngdoo, will you join?” Jinseok decided to ask again. Youngdoo glanced at Doha before looking at Jinseok.

“Let me see my schedule first?”

Jinseok beamed. “Yes, yes! Please do.” Youngdoo laughed. Doha palmed his face embarrased. Jinseok beamed and added afterwards. “Spending time with an idol is a jackpot for me.” Youngdoo giggled again while Doha shook his head to the statement. “Eh! You must need a disguise, don’t you?” Jinseok turned to Youngdoo.

“Disguise?” Jinseok nodded. Youngdoo hummed. “That can be managed.” Youngdoo glanced to Doha with a smile. Doha frowned and mouthed ‘what’. Jinseok looked at them back-and-forth.

 

 

The three did hang out together the next day after their class. True to Jinseok’s word, they’re watching movie together before decided to hang out at a park having late night snack. “The movie was fun.” Youngdoo said as the three sat down, chewing their own hotdog.

Jinseok beamed. “I’m glad you like it. And I’m glad you have fun, being out of fans’ sight.” Jinseok commented. Youngdoo beamed and tugged the shirt he was wearing.

“Fashion did the trick.” Doha turned to Youngdoo.

“What do you mean by that?” Youngdoo laughed. Jinseok giggled, knowing the meaning. Doha narrowed his eyes. “Yah! Are you mocking my style?”

“Ah, no, no. It’s just your shirt is something not fancy... just that.” Youngdoo was sweet-coating his word. Doha rolled his eyes, perfectly understood the underlying meaning. Youngdoo had used his shirt (that deemed as out-dated fashion and worn out) to be his disguise, it seemed work as the fans wouldn’t imagine the idol Youngdoo would wear something like that. As the result, no one noticed Youngdoo the whole day. Doha was munching his hotdog in anger. Jinseok palmed his mouth, trying to hold his laughter. He took his phone and opened the camera apps. “Hey, take a selfie.” Youngdoo said. Jinseok nodded and positioned his phone for a better angle.

Doha didn’t turn, still sulking. Youngdoo noticed that and nudged Doha. “Eh, are you mad? Hyung ah, are you mad?” Jinseok put down the camera and turned to look at them. Doha ignored Youngdoo while the younger was nudging him. Jinseok chuckled a little.

“Why you’re doing that Youngdoo ah?” Jinseok asked.

“Someone is sulking.”

“I’m not.” Doha protested. Youngdoo giggled.

“Really?” Doha glared at the younger. Jinseok who was watching at the side drowned into his own pink bubble land. Youngdoo smiled when he received the glare. Doha unconsciously pursed his lips. “I know you’re sulking. And are you a kid?” Youngdoo said and reached forward. Doha stiffened when Youngdoo wiped the corner of his lips. Youngdoo just smiled, away the sauce on his thumb. Jinseok tried as hard as possible not to squeal out but he was smiling widely. Inside, he was fanboying messily over the two.

Doha came back to reality and nudged Youngdoo away. “, I’m not a kid.” Youngdoo laughed while Doha looked away, hiding his blush and small smile. Jinseok just squeaked, unable to keep cool anymore.

“Okay, okay. Let’s take a picture like Youngdoo suggested. Quick!” Jinseok said and quickly made a pose. Youngdoo was ready but Doha was looking away in the first picture, his cheek was showing red. Jinseok shouted for another selfie and this time Doha turned. They made a memory together that day.

 

 

Doha glanced at his watch. He was waiting for Youngdoo like usual on this day at the back entrance after his class as the younger ended his class a little bit later than him. Usually the male would already appear at this time but Doha waited for about an hour now, Youngdoo was still nowhere to be found. He took out his phone as he leaned against the car. Dialling Youngdoo’s number, he kept his eyes around in case the younger arrived. Few rings and no answer. Doha redialled again.

This time it was connected. “Youngdoo, where are y-” There’s a ragged breathing and struggling sound on the other line made Doha frowned. “Youngdoo?”

“Let me go!”

“No, let me strip you oppa and take your picture. Oppa, you’re mine.”

“What are you doing?!”

Doha realized what was happening, he quickly locked the car didn’t really mind that he didn’t park it properly as he only thought to find Youngdoo fast. From the call, he could guess. Youngdoo had once mentioned to him, he got few extreme fans (called as sasaeng) that followed him around. The younger already got attacked once but he was lucky that time his manager was around. It was one of the reasons why Youngdoo moved places and college, even though the younger felt like it wasn’t really necessary. Since moving, as Youngdoo was always with Doha, the younger told his manager not to follow him in the college as he didn’t want to be treated differently. The manager reluctantly agreed but he let it happen as Youngdoo would pester him if he didn’t agree. Now, Doha felt bad when he actually promised to the manager that he will look out on Youngdoo.

Doha just made his guess and found Youngdoo was pinned to the wall by two men while a girl was stripping him off at the emergency exit. The elder gritted his teeth and peeled the girl away from Youngdoo. The two men noticed him and attacked Doha on the girl’s command. Doha learnt Taekwondo in his high school but he wasn’t that strong enough to knock down two men a bit bigger in size than him. He managed to kick them away and grabbed Youngdoo’s hand to run. The two ran away with all their might. The men were ordered to chase after them but being someone who knew every crook of the college, Doha managed to lead them hiding from those men.

Youngdoo tried to catch his breath as he leaned his front body to the wall. Doha was beside him, breathing hard with his back plastered on the same wall. “Thank you... I’m glad you found me, or else-” Youngdoo said in between his panting. Doha took a gulp before glaring at Youngdoo. He turned his body, ready to burst.

“Glad that I found you?! What if I don’t? That’s exactly why I’m against the idea of you asking your manager not to follow you here or have bodyguard follow you? What are you thinking Youngdoo ah?! You know yourself, you have a threat of those crazy fans, why you’re so carefree?” Doha shouted. Youngdoo winced to the loudness.

“It’s uncomfortable knowing someone follows you everywhere.” Doha glared.

“What the hell? You should know better that every of your fans always follow you. Why a mere bodyguard would make you uncomfortable?! Youngdoo, today you’re lucky. What if I cannot be there for you? We cannot predict when other sasaeng will attack you again. I really, really beg you, care about your safety, and let a bodyguard go with you. Never go around alone.”

“I can take care of myself.” Doha scoffed and another wave of anger rose.

“Do you not understand me, Yoo Youngdoo?! Which of the part you can take care of yourself? Earlier, you were just about to get molested by your sasaeng, so powerless and you said you can take care of yourself? What nonsen- aw, ump!”

Youngdoo groaned as Doha fired him with angry yells and nags. He couldn’t stand it and just went by his instinct to shut up the elder. Youngdoo pushed Doha back to the wall and kissed him while Doha was talking. Doha was blinking rapidly, startled when he was suddenly kissed. Kissed by Youngdoo, a male and most importantly his step-brother! Doha quickly used strength to push the younger away. Youngdoo caught the surprise and displease on Doha’s face.

“What the hell you’re doing?!” Doha yelled. Youngdoo froze. He didn’t expect Doha to be angry.

“I just... want... to shut you up. I-” Youngdoo stuttered. Doha groaned and pushed Youngdoo.

“er.” Doha walked away, leaving Youngdoo who was just stunned cursing himself internally for doing things on instinct.

 

 

The incident made the two turned into strangers. Doha didn’t drive Youngdoo to college like usual; he avoided any contact with Youngdoo as much as possible. Youngdoo tried to talk with the elder, explaining himself why he did that but Doha never listened. His schedule that week also piled up making him seeing Doha less. It went on for a month.

Jinseok noticed the cold war immediately when he never saw his favourite brothers couple talked to each other recently. He approached Youngdoo in the first week of the cold war and asked about the problem. Youngdoo didn’t really tell him in details but Jinseok understood that they fought so he told Youngdoo that he wanted to help. Jinseok tried to create a chance for Youngdoo to talk but Doha always managed to run away every time Jinseok planned something. For the whole month, Jinseok watched Doha played hide-and-seek with Youngdoo.

Eventually he couldn’t stand it. Jinseok felt tired seeing those; moreover it was affecting his ‘creative’ mind. So Jinseok decided to outsmart Doha with a careful plan; locking the two into a room. He let Youngdoo knew his plan and told the younger to make sure of the plan well to mend whatever broken between them. Youngdoo thanked Jinseok and waited for the plan to be executed.

Doha was abducted by Jinseok on their way out from the college after their class ended. It was happening too fast and Doha didn’t know how Jinseok did had the strength to take him away but the seconds he realized, he was shoved into a room. To be exact, a store room. Moving by instinct, Doha banged the door in anger. “Yah! Oh Jinseok, what are you doing?!”

“Helping you! I will come back in two hours. Use the time wisely!” Jinseok yelled and left, Doha could hear his footsteps. Doha was kicking the door, yelling at Jinseok to open the door even though he realized Jinseok already gone. He even didn’t notice someone was standing few steps away from him, looking at him stiffly.

“Doha.” Doha turned silent and stunned. He was shocked but then stunned to know that he wasn’t alone, plus it was the person he wanted to avoid. He cursed Jinseok inwardly when he could grasp why Jinseok locked him here. “I... this has to be happened because you won’t stay and listen to me... I’m sorry.” Doha rolled his eyes. “Doha... hyung.”

“I’m just busy and everything. Sorry for not talking to you Youngdoo but I don’t think we have-”

“Doha, about that day.” Doha turned to face the younger.

“There’s nothing to say-” Youngdoo cut him off.

“No, I need explain myself. I did it because I want to shut you up but it’s not all of it. I- I have wanted to kiss you for so long... it’s just coming to me on instinct that day. I’m sorry about that but... it’s not that I’m playing with you. I do want to kiss you...” Doha stiffened.

“Hold- hold up. What? What are you saying?” Doha stared at the younger. Youngdoo looked at him.

“I like you Doha. I really like you.” Doha shook his head.

“Wha- what? No, Youngdoo, are you- crazy? Youngdoo, I’m a male.”

Youngdoo’s face fell a bit. “I know. I know that we’re both men. But I still like you. I fall for you Park Doha.” Doha shook his head.

“We’re brothers. We’re family. Don’t be stupid. You’re crazy.” Youngdoo clenched his fist.

“I never see us as family. We’re not blood-related at all. There’s nothing wrong.” Youngdoo tried to reason out. To be honest, he was hurt by Doha’s reaction. The look the elder was giving also not well. Youngdoo felt bitter.

“No I can’t accept this. This is not supposed to happen.” Doha shook his head, not looking at Youngdoo anymore. He was confused, frightened and uncomfortable to this confession. He didn’t hate but he felt everything was wrong when Youngdoo said he likes him. They’re brothers, they’re not supposed to have that feeling, and they’re males. “I think if you continue like this, I can’t do anything. Stay away from me. I only can be your brother.”

Youngdoo gritted his teeth. He moved forward, grasping Doha’s shoulders. Doha startled. “You- tell me while looking at me. Do you really feel nothing towards me? Not as a brother. More than usual. Tell me the truth, straight to my eyes. Tell me you didn’t feel the same!” Youngdoo lashed out, frustrated. He felt like Doha tried to hide, maybe he was deluding himself but he could feel Doha actually felt the same as him. “Tell me you don’t like me the same.” Youngdoo’s voice croaked. Doha looked down when he saw the teary eyes. He couldn’t stop himself, his tears fell. He wanted to say but his lips quivered. Doha ended up staying silent. The deep silence sent Youngdoo to the devastation. He felt rejected. Youngdoo pulled his hands away. “Fine, I will do as you said.”

Doha looked up. He opened his mouth to say something but Youngdoo was giving his back. The coldness was apparent, so crystal clear making Doha swallowed his words. They fell into cold silence until the door was opened. Jinseok peeked in and saw the two stood there unmoving.

“Guys?” Jinseok called out. Youngdoo turned but not directly looking at Jinseok.

“Thanks for your effort.” Youngdoo said and left. Jinseok was dumbfounded and turned to Doha. He had a bad feeling to Youngdoo’s behaviour. Once Youngdoo was away, Doha fell down on his knees sobbing. Jinseok frowned and quickly held Doha.

“Doha? Oh my god, what’s wrong now? I want you guys to get better... oh my god.” Jinseok didn’t expect to see the two got even worst. It had been so long for him to see Doha cried. And this one was very terrible. He wanted to ask what happened but he knew Doha wouldn’t tell. He thought he should ask Youngdoo but it was for later because he needed to meet Youngdoo personally, and he didn’t have Youngdoo’s contact number.

Doha was clutching on Jinseok, crying until he passed out. Jinseok was about to freak out but when he found that the elder was still breathing and probably just passed out to exhaustion; he decided to bring Doha home. He knew Doha brought the car and he found the key in Doha’s bag. Jinseok brought Doha home and went to the house. In front of the door, he rang the bell hoping Youngdoo will be home as he couldn’t find the house key. But his effort was wasted when there’s no one opening the door after 15 minutes standing there. Jinseok decided he had to go to his house and groaned as he had to carry Doha back to the car, he couldn’t leave Doha just like that. He cursed for Doha’s dead phone or else he could contact Youngdoo for help, even though they’re not in a good term now Jinseok was sure Youngdoo still had his sympathy. Jinseok drove to his house, thinking of how he should explain to his family.

 

 

Doha caught a fever ever since he passed out from the crying. For the whole two days, he was mostly sleeping and fed with food by Jinseok when it’s time. Luckily Jinseok could take excuse from the fever when he told his family that Doha will stay here for a while. For the whole two days also, there’s no news about Youngdoo. Jinseok forgot to charge Doha’s phone as he was juggling between his piling work as student’s council members, classes and also taking care of Doha. Youngdoo didn’t come across his mind as he also didn’t see the guy at the college.

The third day, Doha was feeling better even though he was still weak. There’s no temperature and Doha could sit eating with Jinseok’s family at the table. Doha told Jinseok that he should go back because he’s getting better and didn’t want to disturb the family even more. Jinseok’s mother assured him that it was nothing and Doha was sick. Doha politely told his decision to go home after the dinner. Jinseok’s father told his son to drive Doha home. Jinseok agreed and told Doha not to reject it as they all knew Doha wasn’t completely healed yet.

On the road, Doha his phone that finished charged before they left Jinseok’s house. Jinseok had told him of why Doha ended up at his house. He also asked about what happened in the store room but Doha stayed silent. Jinseok didn’t want to ask more when he noticed the changing expression so he kept quiet. Doha was scrolling over his phone; there are few calls from his mother this morning. Few more from his classmates that Doha thought probably searched for him because he was absent. There were few texts from friends and there’s nothing from Youngdoo. Doha felt bitter and his mind was back to the incident few days ago.

“We’re here.” That pulled Doha back to the reality. Jinseok turned off the engine and got out. Doha followed. Jinseok locked the car and gave the key to Doha. “You do want me to go up with you?”

“How will you go home?” Doha asked.

“Bus is still running. It’s until midnight, you’re asking as if this is unusual.” Doha grinned and nodded. “Let’s go up. I need to see you get into your house.” Doha chuckled.

“I will be just fine.”

“No saying no.” Jinseok said and pushed Doha to the elevator. Doha just chuckled lightly as he walked with Jinseok’s push. Both of them went up to Doha’s floor. Doha unlocked his door just to find the whole house was dark. Jinseok followed behind. As Doha the light, he frowned slightly as he felt something empty in his house. Jinseok was looking around. “Did he have schedule right now?” Jinseok said to nobody. Doha moved on impulse when he remembered.

Checking everywhere, Doha opened the wardrobe just to find the space for Youngdoo was empty. Jinseok began to notice what was happening. He looked at Doha. “Doha.”

“He moved out.”

Jinseok blinked. “What? Why? How? Doha, what exactly happened to you and him that day?” Doha looked down, staying silent. Jinseok sighed. “Well, do you want me to accompany you tonight?” Doha shook his head.

“Your parents expected you to come home. I’m okay, you should go back.” Jinseok looked at Doha for a while. He caught the signal that Doha wanted to be alone. He took a breath and nodded. Walking to Doha, Jinseok hugged him.

“Meet you on Monday, okay?” Doha nodded. Jinseok smiled and walked to the door. Doha sent him out and thanked for everything he did. Jinseok just dismissed with smiles and he left. Once Doha confined in his house alone, he couldn’t help but cried.


A/N: Hey Dolls ^^ I'm back. Sorry that I have been missing for a while. Caught up with life. Anywa. Let's go straight to the point. Hm, to be honest, this part is about the same with the original, the flow is same. Changes I make is one, their hangout was different a bit, two, the sasaeng part is different, three, the part where Doha is sick. In the original story, Cheng Qing was having a bad mood  and involved with a fight which was then Feng He pulled him to run and ended up at a hiding place. The kissing didn't happen as far as I remember because their kissing part is not at that time. There's no involvement of Meng Meng in getting them in good term, plus Meng Meng is one of the reasons Cheng Qing and Feng He drifted apart. Meng Meng faked a love letter from Feng He to Cheng Qing and Cheng Qing thought it was real when Feng He mistaken the letter was confession from Meng Meng to Cheng Qing. So Cheng Qing did kiss him in that scene. Later of that they fought and drifted apart. Feng He didn't show much of emotion but ask Cheng Qing to snap out, or stay away if can't. Cheng Qing decided to leave because he believes Feng He was lying to himself. So, it ended up Cheng Qing moved out from the house. There, you can see the difference between it in this part right? Actually towards  the end, I change a lot from the original plot. Hope you enjoy! Have a good day, annyeong Dolls! See you soon. COMMENTS ARE LOVED.