Apocalypse (2/2)

Timepiece

The seven players sat down in the middle of the room in a circle. Jungkook and Eunbi were the only one standings; Eunbi leaned against the wall with crossed arm while Jungkook circled around the group to lead them.

The zombies were outside, pounding the door even though they couldn't see through the glass. Jungkook had done a pretty good job covering up the windows and doors with all the clothes he could find. To the rest, it seemed as if Jungkook believed that the zombies would go away if they didn't see anything, but most had an idea that the case wasn't true. The zombies already knew that the group were in there. They just had to find a way to get in. For the zombies, that only meant pounding against the glass and hope that the walls would somehow collapse.

"Okay, let's get friendly," Jungkook said. He turned to Eunbi, who scowled at him. "Are you sure you don't want to join us?"

"I'm not doing something stupid," Eunbi snapped.

Jungkook held his hands up to his chest in self-defense. "Okay, okay. I can see that you're not a friendly type."

"I think this is stupid, too," Mingyu chirped in. "I mean, I was heading to school, and all of the sudden, some clock-headed freak kidnaps me and puts me in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? This doesn't make any sense. I mean, I'm not a genius, but it doesn't take one to know that this is insane."

"Which is why I think we should settle down and get to know each other. Maybe a few of us will have some information. You know, like answers to the questions we have," Jungkook explained.

"Like where the are we and what happened to the world?" Mingyu suggested.

"Exactly," Jungkook said, snapping his fingers. He shook his index finger at Mingyu, who scowled at the sight of being pointed. "See? This guy gets it!"

The door shook. The girls screamed. Eunbi face-palmed herself.

"For god's sake, you're going to attract other users!" Eunbi snapped, scolding the group for screaming. She started to walk around the room. "We need to find an exit. We don't have time to stay here. Those zombies can probably smell us, and they're coming after us." She paused when she realized that no one was moving. "Help?"

A few—Dongmin, Yoobin, Mingyu, and the unfamiliar girl—got up and started to search. The rest remained sitting, watching the others find an exit.

"Well, let's introduce ourselves," Jungkook said, clasping his hands. "I'm Jungkook. The guy over there is Mingyu." He looked down at Yuri, giving her a familiar smile since he knew her. "You're Yu—"

"Seoyul," Yuri interrupted, smiling.

Jungkook made a frown. "Um, what—"

"I'm Roa," Minkyung added.

"Jihyo," Jisoo said, waving her fingers in the air.

"I'm Baby Soul," the other girl said.

"Okay, that can't possibly be your name," Mingyu ridiculed, scoffing.

"It's not her real name. It's her alias," Eunbi said. She looked at Baby Soul. "Right?"

Baby Soul nodded. "Yeah."

"Alias…?" Jungkook looked at Eunbi carefully.

"Yes. When you signed up to be part of Timepiece, you were recommended to make an alias for safety reasons," Eunbi explained. "Did you not read the contract?"

"I don't think it was recommended. I remember that it was allowed, but I didn't make one," Jungkook said. He turned to Yoobin. "Did you make one?"

"I'm Binnie," Yoobin said quietly. A small blush appeared on her cheeks, and the only one who noticed was Dongmin.

"You guys are idiots," Eunbi muttered at Jungkook and Mingyu.

"I bet not all of us made an alias." Mingyu turned to Dongmin. "You don't have one, do you?"

Surely this guy wouldn't have an alias, right? Jungkook and Mingyu thought.

Dongmin smiled charmingly at the boys. "I'm Cha Eunwoo."

ing traitor, even made a fake last name, the two other boys thought bitterly.

"Well, either way, you're not supposed to let everyone know that you didn't make one," Eunbi told him. "Anyway, while you guys were busy introducing yourself, I found a way out." 

She removed a set of curtains and exposed two hidden doors. One had a sign that said "EMPLOYEES ONLY" while the other had a family bathroom sign. Eunbi pointed to both doors with her fingers.

"I don't even know your name," Mingyu said, trying to go back to their initial conversation.

"It's Eunha, and it doesn't matter right now," Eunbi said. "We got two options. We can go for the bathroom or for the employee's room."

"Is there a point in choosing?" Mingyu asked, standing next to Eunbi.

"The employee's room probably has an alarm. There's a good chance that if we pass through, the alarm will turn on and people will come here to kill us."

"Woah, woah, woah," Dongmin said quickly, rushing over to her side. He gave her a careful look. "Kill us? Why would they want to do that?"

"They want to kill potential people who might have one Timetick left," Eunbi said. "If you manage to kill someone who has one Timetick left and they lose, then you're able to earn an Evil Eye."

"Evil what?" Jungkook repeated.

"They're like good luck charms. They help you with the games," Yoobin quickly explained, noticing that Eunbi was running out of patience.

"Our other option is to head to the bathroom, but it'll be a slow process. I poked my head through and saw the window. I imagine that the window isn't too big and that we'll have to go through it one by one." She glared at the uninvited guests. "Things would've been much easier for me if you guys didn't barge in here and attract all the zombies."

"Sorry for wanting to live," Jisoo muttered.

The door rattled and the zombies outside snapped. They were getting agitated. They were starving for human flesh, but were unable to reach their meal. The four girls screamed again while Eunbi clenched her fist and Yoobin trembled in fear.

"Alright, we got no choice," Eunbi said. "To make this quiet and less of a hassle, we should go through the bathroom." She pulled open the door and carefully checked inside for any zombies lurking inside. "Everything's good. Come in."

They did exactly as they were told. The group went in one by one. Eunbi made a brief eye-contact with Jisoo. Jisoo gave her a meek smile, to which Eunbi pretended not to have seen. Once everyone was inside, Eunbi walked around the store and started to drag a large table by herself. She dragged the plastic white table and made it lean against the wall. She made sure that the table was position so that there was a big enough gap for a body to crawl through between the wall and the table. Mingyu took notice, but didn't say anything as he returned back to the restroom.

Eunbi checked on the zombies and noticed that the door was starting to open a little. She frowned and walked into the bathroom, noticing that the window was a bit higher than she had expected. As she had imagined, the window was only small enough to fit one body at a time. She noticed that there was a lock outside the window instead of the inside. A small frown appeared on her face.

"So how do we get up?" Minkyung asked.

"Have the boys help the girls out first," Eunbi suggested.

"No way. What if all the girls abandon us here?" Mingyu asked.

"Then I'll get out last," Eunbi said. She looked at Mingyu with sarcastic motherly eyes. "Does that make you feel any better? How else should I baby you?"

Mingyu was about to protest until Jisoo grabbed Jungkook and forced him to help. Jungkook awkwardly bent down and cupped his hand. Jisoo, Minkyung, and Seoyul looked at Baby Soul, encouraging her to go first. They weren't going to risk their own lives in case there was something lurking outside the window. With their intimidating gazes, Baby Soul hesitantly stepped on Jungkook's palm and helped herself get up and over the window.

There was a few moments of silence. The group waited for Baby Soul to say something.

"It's clear!" Baby Soul reported. "There's a garbage bag soft enough for you to land!"

"Perfect," Jisoo whispered. "Yuri, Roa. Go first."

"You sure?" Yuri asked while stepping on Jungkook's hand.

"If my hands are dirty, will that transfer to the real world?" Jungkook asked out of the blue.

"Any damages or pain you have in Timepiece does not transfer to the real world. However, you might recall the memories and it might have a psychological or emotional effect on you in the real world," Eunbi said. She glanced at Yoobin with crossed arms. "You get those a lot, don't you?"

Yoobin flinched and trembled. She played with her hands, unable to answer Eunbi's remark. Eunbi rolled her eyes.

"Hurry up and get out," Eunbi said with a strained voice. "We don't have a lot of time."

"We know," Seoyul said frustratedly, climbing out of the window. 

"Roa, go," Jisoo ordered.

"Got it," Minkyung said, nodding her head. She motioned Jungkook to reach for his toe. He frowned, but did so with his fingers barely reaching the tips of his shoes. Minkyung took a few steps back, then started running towards Jungkook. With her long legs, she stepped on Jungkook's back, making him cough from the sudden weight. With ease, she grabbed the window and climbed herself over.

She's quite athletic, Eunbi noted, raising an eyebrow.

"My turn, Jungkookie!" Jisoo said cheerfully.

"Jungkookie?" Eunbi repeated. She stifled a laugh while Jungkook blushed.

"We're dating," Jisoo said. "It's his little nickname."

"That I didn't agree with," Jungkook murmured under his breath. "Are you going to step on my back, too?"

"No, silly. Give me a ride on your shoulder," Jisoo said in a cute voice. Jungkook sighed, but obeyed her orders. He kneeled and had her climb onto his shoulders. He was about to rise back up until the door suddenly shook. 

The six turned to see what was going on. They held their breaths, fearing that the zombies might've came inside the store. Eunbi slowly pointed her weapon at the door, waiting for the door to stop shaking. 

At that moment, the door knob came loose and the door swung open. Loud moans echoed in the bathroom. Everyone except for Eunbi and Mingyu screamed. Eunbi quickly began to shoot their heads, but when she noticed the stream of zombies spilling inside the room, she knew that she wasn't going to have enough bullets. Mingyu lunged towards the door and tried to close it, but he was having trouble doing so whenever the zombies reached for his arm or his foot. 

"Give me the knife!" Mingyu ordered. Eunbi threw him a knife, which he luckily caught by the handle instead of the blade. He began to stab the zombies while Eunbi shot them with her gun. The two worked perfectly in sync, surprising the others in the room.

"Hurry the up!" Eunbi screamed, snapping everyone's attention back at the original goal. "We can't stop this mob!"

"Hurry, Jisoo!" Jungkook ordered.

"Having you call me 'Jisoo' is dangerous, Jungkook. It's Jihyo," Jisoo reminded him.

"Yeah, yeah! Whatever!" Jungkook respond anxiously. His mind was more occupied with thoughts about being zombie food rather than his girlfriend's alias.

Jisoo's face turned dark. As she climbed over the window, she waved her foot a little, pretending to struggle out the window. The odd movement seemed to have done something to the window because when she finally made it to the other end, the window closed right behind her. The lock automatically pressed closed, shocking Jungkook. Dongmin and Yoobin, who were watching, stared at the situation with appalled eyes.

"Move! Next—" Eunbi's eyes stared at the closed window. " me… !"

Jungkook kept jumping up and down, banging on the window. He caught sight of Jisoo, Minkyung, and Seoyul staring at the locked window while Baby Soul seemed troubled with the situation.

"Help us!" Jungkook yelled desperately, jumping up and down.

Jisoo stared at Jungkook with wide eyes, as if she was stunned for a second—just for one second.

Eunbi handed her gun to Yoobin, signaling her to shoot and help Mingyu. She climbed on the nearest sink to the window and peered through the glass. 

"What the hell is taking her so ing long? Have her or Minkyung open the damn window!" Eunbi mumbled angrily. She looked over her shoulder, noticing that Yoobin was doing a terrible job at shooting. She grunted and hopped back down, taking over the weapon and using it properly.

Jungkook banged his hand against the closed window, pleading his girlfriend to open it. Minkyung quickly found a brick and handed it to Yuri, who gave it to Jisoo. Jisoo held onto the brick and looked at Jungkook. She motioned him to move aside as if she was going to throw it.

He did.

He ducked low and ordered the rest to take cover. They waited for a few seconds, but nothing smashed the windows. Puzzled, Jungkook slowly looked back up, cautiously checking and trying to avoid any potential object thrown against the window.

At the corner of his eyes, he saw Jisoo, Minkyung, and Yuri run in one direction while Baby Soul ran in the opposite direction. Jungkook's eyes went wide as he realized that the girls were ditching him.

"They left us!" Jungkook reported.

"What?" Eunbi briefly gave Yoobin her gun again and walked over to him. "What do you mean they left us?"

"I-I thought Jihyo was going to throw the brick, but she ended up running away with her friends," Jungkook quickly explained. "Baby Soul also ran off."

"! ing traitors!" Eunbi cursed. She stomped the ground and took back to gun from Yoobin's hand. She clicked the trigger, then noticed that the gun wasn't shooting anymore. She frustratedly reached into her fanny pack, desperately searching for extra bullets. "I'm running out of ammo. We need to run."

"To where?" Dongmin asked, mentally exhausted.

Mingyu pulled a zombie down on the ground and smashed his foot against the head multiple times. He looked at Eunbi, who seemed determined to run through the zombies.

"Are we going to the employee's room?" Mingyu asked, remembering the second exit.

"That's our only option," Eunbi said. "I don't want to waste my bullet on the window. It could be bulletproof. Who's going into the employee's room first and who's going in last?"

"I'll follow last," Mingyu told her. He found a piece of clothing on the ground. Picking it up, he wrapped a cheap scarf around his hands.

"Jungkook? Dongmin? Which one of you guys are running in first?" Eunbi asked. "Whoever is going first is going to need the knife that Mingyu's holding."

"What about Binnie?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, what about Binnie? Why do the guys have to go first?" Dongmin added.

"Do you think she's in any condition to lead?" Eunbi pointed out. The boys looked at the pale-skinned girl who seemed petrified. Then, the men exchanged glances before looking back at Eunbi.

"Woah, woah, woah," Dongmin said quickly. He let out a small laugh. "Y-You're not serious, right? Shouldn't you lead us because you know this map?"

"I know about the game, not the map," Eunbi said quickly. She paused and waited for the two boys to make their decision. "No one? If no one volunteers, I don't mind running first, but can you guys keep up? I don't mind abandoning you guys."

Dongmin pushed Jungkook to the front. Jungkook glared at him, but took a deep breath. He took a quick look behind the zombies, trying to see how many of them were swarming into the room and how fast they were coming in. 

The employee's room is right next to us, so we just need to glide past these zombies without having their teeth graze against us, Jungkook thought. The zombies are pretty slow, but…

"We need to split into two groups," Jungkook said. "If all five of us aim for the door, it's not going to look pretty. These zombies are slow, but they outnumber us. If all five of us go at the same time, it'll be easier for them to grab us."

"That won't be necessary," Eunbi countered. "I placed a big table against the wall just in case I was going to be abandoned. I didn't like the smile Jihyo gave me in the first place, so I set that up just in case. We can use that as a shield. The first person just has to make sure that they get behind the table and get to the door. Once you get the door open, you need to get in and guard it as the others crawl inside."

"Again, why can't you do that?" Dongmin asked.

"I wouldn't want to hold it for you guys."

"Then why are you assuming that we will hold it?"

"I'll shoot you if you don't," Eunbi said as she loaded her gun with the final box of bullets. "You won't want that, right?"

The class president didn't say anything else. He kept quiet, reminding himself that he should just obey Eunbi's orders. 

Eunbi looked at Yoobin.

"You go second."

Yoobin stared at her. "W-What?"

"You follow Jungkook and help make sure that nothing happens. Cha Eunwoo, you're fourth. I'll stick in the middle in case the walls fall down."

"Wait, the walls can fall down?" Jungkook asked. Before he could say anything else, Mingyu handed him the knife and pushed him towards Eunbi. Eunbi shot a few zombies dead and shoved Jungkook outside the door, forcing him to get down and crawl between the narrow space.

Jungkook could hear his heart racing and his breath shaking. He nervously crawled, feeling the white surface of the table clatter and shake from the zombies kicking and hitting their hands against it. The moans and groans from the rotting corpses were especially loud, making him feel paranoid. His fingers clung around the cold folding legs of the table, tracing it until he was near the end. He saw a couple of zombies trying to reach for him. 

Jungkook turned, noticing that Yoobin was trying her best not to scream and cry while Eunbi was motioning him to cut the zombie's arms and reach for the door. Dongmin furiously motioned Jungkook to keep going while Mingyu was too busy pushing the zombies away every time they tried to enter the narrow gap. When Jungkook saw Mingyu slam a zombie's head against the wall multiple times, he gulped and looked back at the door. He took a deep breath through his nose, but stopped midway when he smelled the rotten flesh. Vomit came up his throat, but he swallowed it back down and held his breath as he pathetically tried to chop off the wrist.

Eunbi sighed to herself when Jungkook could only cut the zombie's fingers. She glanced behind her, noticing that more zombies were trying to get ahold of Dongmin. 

I don't want to use my gun because if the zombies hear it, they'll go crazy and it might scare everyone, Eunbi thought to herself. She impatiently looked back at Jungkook, who finally gathered his courage to open the door. The moment Jungkook opened the door, he swooped inside. 

The four scooted closer to the door. Eunbi encouraged Yoobin to get out, but Yoobin kept shaking her head, whimpering and sobbing for safety. 

"Get out!" Eunbi hissed. "The longer your stall, the harder it is for all of us to escape!"

Yoobin shook her head and began to mutter out inaudible words. Dongmin, out of fear, shoved Eunbi, who ended up losing her balance and pushed Yoobin outside. Yoobin's eyes widened when she realized that she was exposed to the cannibalistic creatures.

Before she knew it, the zombies lunged for her. She screamed and tried to kick the zombies out of her, but the mop of rotten flesh swarmed all over her, grabbing her limbs and trying to tear her into pieces. Yoobin's hysteric scream echoed in the room. She begged for help and called someone to save her.

Instead, Eunbi took this chance and rushed to the door, where Jungkook stood and had a clear sight of what Dongmin had done to Yoobin. Jungkook's eyes were kept wide as he opened the door a little, letting Eunbi in. Dongmin followed right after her, and so did Mingyu.

"Close the door!" Eunbi ordered Jungkook.

"But Binnie—"

"Close it!" she repeated, not even looking at the sight.

As Jungkook closed the door, he and Mingyu took a quick peek and saw Yoobin's body torn apart and being devoured by the zombies. Seconds later, the pixelated words "BINNIE: GAME OVER" were written over her dead body as she turned into pixels and dissolved away.

Once Jungkook slammed the door, the four took a moment to breathe. Seconds later, Eunbi walked over to the lockers and checked for any lurking zombies. When she found out that the area was safe, she looted the employee's room. In one locker, she found a small first-aids kit. She kept it for herself and placed it in her bag. In another locker, she found extra bullets for her gun. For the bullets that didn't fit her weapon, she kept them in her bag just in case.

"Binnie's dead," Mingyu whispered.

"She's fine," Eunbi said. "She has one Timetick left."

"This can't be a game," Jungkook muttered. "T-This has to be some sort of simulation or something. That? That was terrifying! I-I can't believe she's dead!"

"She's not dead yet," Eunbi repeated. "Her physical body is fine."

"But she basically returned to our world with the experience of a painful death, right?" Jungkook pointed out.

"You boys need to grow up," Eunbi muttered.

"Grow up? Coping with death has nothing to do with 'growing up' or anything like that!" Mingyu snapped.

"This could've been prevented if your stupid girlfriend had actually opened the window," Eunbi said to Jungkook.

"Don't worry. I'm breaking up with that when I get out of here," Jungkook said, annoyed and angry at his girlfriend.

"If you can get out of here safely. She probably thought you were a goner," Eunbi murmured. She looked at the door. "Well, that's the door. The moment we get, the alarm is going to turn on."

"Then what?" Mingyu asked. "We die out there like Binnie did over there?"

Out of annoyance, Eunbi pointed her gun at Mingyu's forehead. Mingyu stood still, but he narrowed his eyes.

"Go ahead," Mingyu said in a slow, low tone. "Shoot me."

"Don't mind if I—"

"Woah, hold up! Stop!" Jungkook said, touching Eunbi's gun. "You're not going to shoot him, okay? We lost a comrade. We don't need to lose anymore."

Eunbi dropped her gun, but grind her teeth. "Like I've been saying, we didn't lose anyone. Binnie is fine. She only lost one Timetick and I know that she had two before. Yes, she might've died in pain, but she's not physically dead. Let's be grateful that the rest of us came here alive."

The boys nodded. Eunbi sighed once more. She looked around the room for a few more minutes and found an empty mini backpack. She picked it up and looked at the boys.

"Anyone want it?" Eunbi asked.

"It'll slow me down. No thanks," Mingyu said.

She looked at Dongmin and Jungkook, who shook their heads. She shrugged and swung the backpack over her shoulder. She walked over to the door, putting her hand against it.

"Who has my knife?" Eunbi asked.

"I do," Jungkook said.

"Give it," Eunbi demanded.

Jungkook seemed a little hesitant, but he did as she told him. She put the knife back in the pocket next to her boot.

"Ready?" she asked them.

"Wait, what are we doing?" Dongmin asked.

"Running, duh," Eunbi said. Without waiting for their response, she pushed the door open.

The alarm for the building was set off, echoing through the streets. Eunbi darted outside the building, and the boys followed behind her.

Seconds later, they heard bullets ringing in the air. When the four noticed that the bullets were hitting around them, they knew that they were clearly in danger. Eunbi briefly looked up, noticing a couple of well-equipped users pointing their guns and jumping from roof to roof to their right, catching up with them. One howled loudly, and a few others appeared.

, , , Eunbi thought. I didn't know that they were so close.

"Which one of you only has one Timetick?" one of the chasers hollered from the roof. The chaser's team hooted and cheered.

" off!" Eunbi yelled back. Two more shots tried to hit her. She laughed and stuck out her middle finger. "Ha! You ing at shooting!"

"!" the same chaser shouted, shooting three more times.

She could feel the bullet graze against her skin. She bit her bottom lip before running towards a random building. She gave the door a quick twist and a strong kick, but when the door didn't budge, she continued running. 

From afar, she could see a mob of zombies run towards them, heading to the sound of the bullets and the alarm. Eunbi grunted and made a quick unexpected turn into a narrow alley to her left, catching the chasers off guard. There were a few zombies lurking in between the two buildings, but she managed to either glide past them or shoot them with her gun.

"Where are we going?" Mingyu yelled from behind.

"No idea!" Eunbi said. "We're just heading away from the raiders until we find a safe spot. Then we'll wander some more and—"

The sound of a grandfather clock ringing echoed from their phones. They all pulled out their devices and looked at the new notification while avoiding the zombies. Eunbi's eyes widened with pure glee.

"Portal! There's a portal not too far away from us!" Eunbi shouted excitedly. "Everyone follow me and don't die!"

"The last part sounds difficult!" Jungkook complained.

The girl ignored him and continued to running. Once they cleared the alley, she started running in the big street. She kept her eyes frequently on her phone, checking the timer and praying that she would get into the portal before it closed.

Suddenly, they heard shots fire again. The four flinched and looked around, noticing that the chasers were now on the same level as them. Eunbi bit her bottom lip and pulled her knife from her boot.

"Someone catch this," Eunbi ordered, throwing her knife. Dongmin, who was right behind Eunbi, missed but managed to flick it back in the air. 

Jungkook finally caught it, but the tip of the blade grazed against the back of his hand. He bit his tongue, seething his teeth from the pain. He wasn't sure what to do with the knife, but he kept running as Eunbi shot at the enemies as she continued running.

She looked up at the sky and saw large pixelated words that read "PORTAL HERE" with an arrow below the text. The timer for the portal was also visible in the sky. She turned at a street and saw Jisoo, Yuri, and Minkyung at the portal. Out of anger, Eunbi started to shoot her gun at the three.

The three girls, startled, looked up then smirked as they entered the portal. As each of them entered, the counter on the timer decreased dramatically.

Eunbi looked behind her, noticing that the three boys were catching up. "Get into the portal! Don't think about anything else!"

The boys nodded. When they started running for the portal, Dongmin suddenly fell. Mingyu was about to run back and help him, but Eunbi screamed at him to move on. Mingyu hesitated for a second before he started running towards the portal.

Jungkook, being the fastest, entered the portal first. Mingyu followed right after. Eunbi stood next to the portal, encouraging Dongmin to get back up. Dongmin quickly scrambled back on his feet and started running. However, a few steps later, a bullet pierced through his skull. His eyes widened for a brief moment before it rolled upwards. His body flopped to the ground and blood began to leak from the hole.

Eunbi didn't even bother to check for his "GAME OVER" sign. She dove right into the portal, finishing the game.

"Anyway, if you are having a hard time, feel free to reach out to any staff member. Remember, we are here for you," the teacher said.

The classroom echoed with a "Yes" from every student.

Eunbi looked around, noticing that not a lot of time had passed by. She realized that the few hours she was in the game took up only a second of her time in real life. Her eyes glanced over at Yoobin, who had her hands around . Tears dropped from her eyes as she recalled the terrible moment of being eaten alive. Eunbi slowly and secretly handed her a handkerchief, which she nervously took.

"Looks like I didn't miss much," Eunbi whispered to Yoobin. Yoobin only managed a meek nod.

Eunbi looked over at Dongmin, who seemed confused. He had one hand touch the back of his head, as if he was sure that there was a bullet in his head. Dongmin turned confusingly behind him, then widened his eyes a little when he saw Eunbi. He pointed at himself questionably, to which Eunbi replied with a small nod. He seemed to be in a state of disbelief, but slowly turned back to pay attention to the teacher.

Seconds later, the door swung open. Everyone looked over at the door. The moment Eunbi made eye-contact with the uninvited student, she scowled.

Mingyu's eyes scanned the entire room until he found Eunbi sitting in the back. He stormed over to her, and she knew that he had questions. Jungkook, who had been calling his name from the hallway, finally arrived at the room. Jungkook quickly apologized to the teacher as he tried to convince Mingyu to come back to class, but Mingyu only shrugged him off and looked at Eunbi with a deep frown.

"You. You're the Eun—"

"Who are you?" Eunbi interrupted quickly, pretending to act innocent.

"You know who I am! You—"

"If you want to talk to me, let's talk later? I'm just a transfer student, and I don't think I've ever met you. Did I offend you in any way?" Eunbi asked.

"ing , you—" 

"Mingyu, you're interrupting class," Dongmin said, quickly getting up from his seat. He narrowed his eyes. "Please leave. If you have any business with the transfer student, then come during lunch."

"No, I want answers now—"

"Mingyu," Jungkook said, putting his hand on his shoulder. "Let's go."

"No, I don't—"

"Look at her eyes," Jungkook managed to whisper.

Mingyu locked eyes with Eunbi. Just like Jungkook said, it was as if her eyes were telling him to calm down and to leave the room. If anything, Mingyu thought that she was secretly telling him, "I'll explain later so ing leave me god damn it."

He narrowed his eyes, but nodded. He withdrew from the spot and turned to the teacher, who seemed visibly frustrated with his rude appearance. Mingyu gave the teacher a small bow and walked out of the room, while Jungkook spoke to the teacher a little and apologized properly on behalf of the two.

As the two boys left, all eyes were on Eunbi, who kept hers straight at the front.

It looks like I'm not getting a quiet life at this school, she thought to herself.