Offline — Field Trip Forms

Timepiece

"We are going on a field trip. Please get these forms filled out by Monday so that we can make preparations," the teacher said. The papers were passed down to the students. Five minutes later, the bell rang, alerting that class was now over. The teacher and students exchanged "goodbyes" before the teacher left the room first. Students got up from their seats and began to leave or roam around, talking with others and making plans for the weekend.

"A trip to Japan, huh," Eunbi murmured, glancing at the list.

"The second years go on a trip to Japan every year for a week," Yoobin explained. 

"And we have to pick groups?" Eunbi asked, glancing at the second page.

Yoobin nodded. "Groups of four to six. From any class as long as they're a second year."

The door slammed open. Eunbi closed her eyes and heaved a sigh as Mingyu casually walked in, garnering attention again. Jungkook followed behind him, flashing an innocent smile to other students and exchanging a casual conversation. While Jungkook was slightly distracted with others, Mingyu walked straight to Eunbi's desk. Eunbi finally opened her eyes and frowned at Mingyu.

"Do you always have to make such a grand entrance like that?" Eunbi asked, annoyed.

"I don't care." Mingyu grabbed a random chair and sat on it backwards. He took out the same field trip form she had and a pencil from her desk. "What's your last name?"

Eunbi crossed her arms. "Now, hold up. I don't think I agreed to go on this field trip with you."

Mingyu frowned at her. Then, he looked at Yoobin. "What's her last name?"

Yoobin panicked. She opened to speak, but didn't say a word when Eunbi glared at her. Then, she clamped shut and avoided Mingyu's eyes. Mingyu grunted. 

"It's Jung Eunbi," a voice said. Eunbi scowled when Dongmin walked over to them.

"He's lying," Eunbi insisted.

"Jung…Eun…Bi…" Mingyu mumbled her name as he wrote her name and her classroom number. 

Eunbi sighed. "What happens if I don't add your name to this list?"

"Then the teachers will put you however they want," Dongmin explained. "By the way, since I'm with the student council, I can't be in a group with you guys. I'll be with the other second years who are in the student council and a few other friends."

"That's okay," Mingyu said. "We only need four."

"Did you get their names?" Jungkook asked Mingyu.

"I just got Eunbi's. Dongmin isn't going to explore with us," Mingyu said.

Jungkook looked at Dongmin. "You're not?"

"I have other friends, too," Dongmin said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I have other friends, but I'm sticking with them," Jungkook said.

"You just have a lot of connections, Jungkook. I have true friends," Dongmin argued.

Jungkook feigned a smile. "You sure they're 'true' friends and not trying to be around you to boost their own image?"

"I have a clean reputation, unlike you."

"I'm pretty clean myself."

"Your break-up with Jisoo isn't helping with that, is it?"

"What's your name?" Mingyu asked Yoobin, ignoring Jungkook's and Dongmin's passive-aggressive argument.

"B-Bae Yoobin," Yoobin answered.

"Bae…Yoo…Bin…Got it!" Mingyu grabbed Eunbi's form and wrote his name. "My last name is Kim. Remember that."

"Great," Eunbi muttered under her breath.

Mingyu got up from his seat and placed it back to where it originally was. "I'm going to go now. I have other stuff to do."

He left and Jungkook tagged along right behind him. Dongmin let out an annoyed groan and shook his head. He didn't say anything else and only walked away. Eunbi pursed her lips, slightly amused. Then, she looked at her field trip forms.

"So we have to turn this in on Monday?" Eunbi asked. Yoobin nodded. "When do we know who's in our group?"

"Wednesday," Yoobin said. "They'll post it up on the board and it's finalized. No one can change their groups or anything, so you'll only have until Tuesday to do it."

"Hm. Well, that's no problem for us," Eunbi said. She got up from her desk and stretched. "Alright, I'll see you on Monday then."

"Yeah…" Yoobin's voice became quiet. Eunbi looked at her.

"You didn't write Mingyu's name on your form," Eunbi noted.

"O-Oh. I remember his last name. Don't worry," Yoobin said. She got up and shoved the paper in the bag. "I'll fill out the form later."

Eunbi gave her a suspicious look, but she didn't say anything. She only nodded and walked out, telling her that she had somewhere else to be.

* * *

Eunbi walked into a café to buy herself a drink. When she was waiting in line, she noticed a familiar man with a laptop sitting at the corner of the table. Once she received her drink, she walked over to the man and sat across from him. 

"Hey Sandeul," Eunbi said.

Sandeul snapped out of his thoughts. He looked up with a hostile expression before he quickly softened.

"Oh, it's you," Sandeul said. He gave her a small smile. "Hi Eunbi. How are you?"

"Good," Eunbi said. She let out a small sigh. "I have to go on a stupid field trip and need to get these papers signed by my parents, but I don't live with my parents right now. I need to send this through mail and get them to sign it."

"Want me to forge it for you?" he asked.

Eunbi laughed. "You don't even know my mother's signature."

"I can find it," he said. His fingers lightly tapped across the keyboard. Then, he pressed another button and turned his laptop to show her his screen. "This is it, right?"

Eunbi's eyes widened when she saw her mother's signature displayed on his screen. She instinctively lowered his laptop screen and turned it back. Sandeul smirked and opened his laptop again.

"Give me those papers," Sandeul said.

Eunbi hesitated, but she obeyed. He took out a nice pen and glanced once at the laptop. Then, taking her forms, he began to forge her mother's signature and signed away. She was a bit impressed with how smoothly and flawlessly he was forging her mother's signature.

"How'd you find it?" she asked out of curiosity.

"I can find anything as long as technology is involved," Sandeul explained. He swiftly handed the form back to her. "Here you go. Now you can go."

Eunbi laughed. "Thanks."

As she tucked the form in her backpack, Sandeul stared at her.

"Are you living alone?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Your parents approved?"

"This was a better high school compared to my previous one. They think that I'm being ambitious," Eunbi explained. "My parents didn't move in with me because of work, but they see this as a good opportunity for me to be independent."

"Well, I guess it's convenient for a TP player. It's easier to play the game and balance your school life when you're isolated from everyone," Sandeul murmured.

"So what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Browsing the web. Researching. You know, the usual."

"Don't you usually do that back at home?"

"I do, but it's good to change locations once in a while." He closed his laptop and tucked it in his bag. "Well, now I get got to get up and change locations." She frowned, but he only gestured his shoulder out the window. She looked and saw two officers looking around.

"Were you doing something illegal?" she asked.

"Look closer, Eunbi," Sandeul said. "They're not normal."

"You know I can't tell the difference between those who lost their Rights to Existence and from normal people," Eunbi complained as she pouted.

He chuckled. "Well, I should go. Have fun on your field trip."

"Wait, can I talk to you a bit longer?" she asked.

Sandeul grimaced. "Not today. It's not a good idea today."

Dejected, Eunbi nodded. "Well, it was nice meeting you…"

She looked up and he was gone. She turned out to the window, noticing that the two police officers were entering the café. Eunbi sat back down and began to normalize. blending in with her surroundings and working on her assignments like an average student.