By Chance

Roller Coaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I decided to finish this story. After all, you guys deserve to see the ending. It's going to take me less than ten chapters to finish this so please bare with me. I will update this weekly so I can finally close this story instead of leaving all of you hanging. Thank you for bearing with me as this one is pretty personal hence why I have left it on hiatus for a while.

To add, since this story was already ongoing before the controversies, I decided to keep the characters as it is.

------------------------

After moving in together alone on our own with a new pet in tow, everything seemed to be picture perfect. At some point on one of our nightly walks after hanging out down a bit on the shopping and food area, we met another cat that would end up completing our small family. Being away from my home of Jeonju, having a small family I could come home to everyday from work does feel nice.

"Seems like the cat just wants to keep following us," Jessica mentioned as we walked together with a white calico cat following from behind us and she pleaded afterwards, "can we keep it?"

"Only if the cat does follow us all the way home," I replied with a smile.

The cat was pretty cute. It seemed pretty young. Since it is a street cat, I figured it might probably be hungry and was following us to see if we had food around. But usually, cats do not follow you if they are pretty comfortable being outside around the area they usually frolic in.

As if a genie wanted to answer her wishes, the cat did follow us all the way home. Jessica looked at me with glistening eyes.

"This means, we get to keep it!" she said in excitement.

I guess it does not hurt to have another cat. They seem pretty easy to take care of anyway. Plus, the cat was pretty cute!

Jessica tried to pick the cat up and it did not hesitate at all. It seems like the cat was used to humans. I wondered if it had previous owners since the cat did not seem that dirty.

 

As we entered our little apartment, Jessica placed the cat down to let it roam around. Thankfully, Mikey was in his cat cage that the previous owners gave us. Both cats immediately saw each other. While Mikey was curious about the new cat, the white cat did not seem to mind him as it ignored his presence to roam around the apartment some more. In the meantime, I thought of what to do with it since the two cats need some time to get to know each other.

"It's best to keep them separate for now," Jessica suggested, "but since we're keeping it, what should we name it?"

"We don't even know if it's a boy or a girl," I mentioned. How can we name one without knowing the gender anyway?

"Hm..." Jessica followed the new cat and picked it up so she could examine the cat's private part, "seems like it's a girl."

"Well... she does look like a girl," I chuckled. A pretty, white one.

Jessica pursed her lips while in deep thought and delightfully came up with a name idea, "I think Luna's a good name for her since she reminds me of the moon and she's white!"

Luna did seem like a good name but it seemed pretty common. I wanted the cat to have a different name after I was dissatisfied with Mikey's name. We did not bother changing his name since that was what he was used to. But due to the fact that we did not know the new cat's history, we should come up with something that Jessica and I both agree to.

While, Jessica thought up of more name ideas, I went ahead and made a make shift litter box for the cat since it might look for a bathroom some time now. I grabbed a little carton box and poured some of Mikey's litter on it. Afterwards, I picked it up and placed her on the litter. That way, she knew that the box was her new bathroom.

The cat looked pretty cute as it settled on top of the pile of litter. I decided to take a quick picture of it and saw the words on the box. Thinking how funny it was, I brought up the idea to Jessica.

"How about we name her 'Beef'?" I laughed. The make-shift litter box had 'Roast Beef Flavor' written over it.

"Ew," Jessica replied in disgust, "why would you name a cat 'Beef'?"

"I thought it was funny," I continued to laugh, "it was just an idea."

"Speaking of food... if we want to name her anything related to that, why not 'Moscato'?" she asked, "we both like Moscato... or how about 'Coffee'?"

"Eh..." I shook my head, "... hm... if we keep thinking about food, fries? We both like french fries too!"

"Ohhh!!! Better idea! Why not 'Potato'?"

The name sounded pretty cute as I looked at the cat. I decided to call her 'Potato' with a high pitched tone on my voice to see if she would respond nicely to the name. To my surprise, I think the cat liked it. From then on, her new name is 'Potato'.

From then on, our little family here in the heart of Seoul consisted of myself, Jessica, Mikey, and Potato. My little family that I can come home to and make me feel whole.

 

My relationship with Jessica was at a comfortable standstill. To this day, I was thinking to myself how nice it felt to finally have someone I can call my 'girlfriend'. Someone I can come home to. Someone I can hug. Someone I can cuddle. Someone I can kiss. Everything seemed to be perfect except for some little banters we have at home since nobody is perfect.

Everything seemed to be moving along so well. I had a full life ahead of me and I was wondering all along how my future would look like. From here on, the only thing we have to look forward to is living together until we grow old and leave Earth. I had so many plans with her in the future I built inside my head. I formed new goals in life, including her in every second of it.

Everytime I came home, we would either cook at home or stroll out into town to eat somewhere or hang out with our friends to grab some drinks together. My days usually contained of her with every single second I could have with her. My life revolved around Jessica and I felt lost in my love for her.

 

Months went on. Everything happening around me was comforting. My life at my job was messy, filled with drama, but it felt nice to come home to someone that could make me forget about the stresses on my job. I actually fast forwarded everything happening during work just so I could remember and enjoy my days at home with Jessica.

Jessica is my world and I would probably not be in my current mental state and comfortability had it not been for her. She kept my days filled with wonder on what was going to happen next. Our conversations were never dull. There was always something new with her. She was interested in a lot of things and she was never afraid to share them. Even while we were both at work, we would always message each other over the phone and share something.

But on this day, something felt odd.

"Can I call?" she messaged me.

I was off from work since it was the weekend while she was called over to the clinic to work over the day throughout until the next day. We never really called each other unless it was som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter