Big Move

Roller Coaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a month or so since I first heard Jessica tell me that she was diagnosed with depression and anxiety by her doctors. It all started when I left for work out at sea for a few months. Sometimes I was thinking that maybe she felt lonely because I left all so suddenly when we were just starting to get to know each other. I blamed work for it but at the same time, I can't really blame my job for something I cannot control. I was starting to think if she's really depressed or not. She didn't really seem to sad most of the time.

The diagnosis provided Jessica an access to a therapist that she could talk to every week for an update and a psychiatrist that prescribes her medications she needed. She's been given sleeping medication in the past but they stopped it and gave her anti-depressants and anxiety-relieving medications. Jessica said it doesn't really work for her so the doctor have been experimenting and giving her different dosages over the next few months and different medications. I heard that they're trying to give her the medication that truly works for her but no shoe fitted so far until she was prescribed Adderall.

Since Jessica was prescribed Adderall, she's told me about feeling more energetic and more focused. She felt really happy being with it. Jessica was given at least 40 Adderall capsules which concerned me but I'm no doctor to say anything about it. It's nice to hear her feeling happy through it all and I was happy that she could be more focused at work and at home. Our roommate, Daesung, remains unhappy in the meantime.

Ever since our other roommate moved out, he hasn't been as friendly as before when we first moved in. I was wondering why it was much of a bother and if we should move out of his place and get a new apartment with just me and Jessica. Daesung has complained occassionally to me as he can talk to me directly but can't really talk to Jessica as much since he knew me more than her. I understood but, at the same time, it was also a pain being the middle man.

Jessica pulled me over one time and decided to have a serious discussion with me. Not knowing what's to come, I complied anyway.

"I think it would be best if we got our own apartment together. It's a pain living with him and he's awkward and creepy," Jessica whined.

"How is he creepy? Although I do know he can be awkward at times," I replied.

"I don't know. He just makes comments that are creepy."

"He doesn't seem creepy to me."

"Why can't we just find a place ourselves? I'm sure it'll be easy."

"I guess we can... I'm kind of tired dealing with his complaints anyway."

I said those words not knowing of what's to come.

 

Jessica and I figured out a way to get an apartment together. We went through the bars we usually went to and got some details on the best realtors out there. We went to one called House of Cards. We were assisted by one of the bartenders of the bars we usually went to. Her name is Cindy. The real estate agent showed us a few available ones that are within our budget and we scanned through each one of them. We eliminated some until we have the final three choices we wanted. The agent also took us to those properties and there was one we fell in love with as it was a close distance to my workplace and Jessica's workplace as well.

"Yes, just walk straight down and within 15 minutes, you should be able to reach your work," the realtor told us as she pointed at the direction of our job site.

"That's pretty convenient. I'm down to get this apartment," I told Jessica, "are you?"

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine with it as well. It's pretty cheap and close to our jobs so it's pretty convenient overall. My main concern is the thin walls since I do like singing online, remember?"

I did forget. Jessica usually records and uploads videos of her singing online. She's amassed a few thousands of followers on Youtube.

"Should we just do a little sound proofing?" I suggested.

"Hm... wouldn't be a bad idea. Everything else I'm down for. The neighbors seem quiet but I'm also c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter