Progression

Roller Coaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The darkness soon dissipated as my eyes slowly opened. It was 10am on a weekend. I rubbed my eyes to clear them out and all of a sudden, I felt the presence right next to me. Her skin complexion looked really smooth as the sun kissed it good morning. Not long enough, those brown almond eyes met with mine. A smile crept up from her face.

"Good morning," Jessica greeted and slowly sat up from the bed, "what time is it?"

"It should be around ten in the morning," I yawned.

"Really?" she looked out the window, "today seems like a good time to go out. We should definitely explore this city!"

"Or you could go with Seungri and enjoy the day," I replied, still rubbing my eyes.

"But it'll be fun going with you!" she whined.

"Arrasso... if you want to go shower, I have an extra towel over there," I sat up from the bed and pointed over to the little closet I had across the bed. She headed over to that direction to search for the towel while I headed to the wall closet to find her something to wear for the day at least until she reached her place. Picking out a baggy shirt and shorts that I never usually worse, I handed it over as soon as she picked out a clean, folded towel from my other closet. Jessica took it from my grasp and headed over to the bathroom.

"Be back in a bit," she smiled and walked inside the bathroom.

"Arrasso," I nodded, "you can use whatever you want to use in there."

While Jessica showered, I laid back in bed and covered myself. I felt weak all of a sudden with no real reason why. It feels like I have a fever but it's not like we stayed up too late last night. At the same time, we drank alcohol but isn't that supposed to just give me a headache instead of a fever?!

 

Jessica came out of the shower a few minutes later and shook me awake.

"Ya! Wake up! We should spend this day doing something fun instead of wasting it!"

I turned over and looked at her direction. My eyes went from a blur to a clear sight of what was in front of me. I barely recognized Jessica without all her makeup. I was wondering if this person right in front of me really was the person that I met two nights ago. But of course, hearing her sweet, girly voice made it known that they were the same people... I'm so mean for even thinking all of this.

"Arrasso," I nodded as I lifted up my blanket and hopped off the bed, "go ahead and dress up. I'm going to shower and message you when I do finish."

"Okay, I'll be waiting!"

Jessica picked up all her clothing that was scattered around the room and her belongings before heading out of my apartment. As soon as I heard the door close, I sighed and felt my forehead. It was warm but I couldn't tell the difference between what is normal and what wasn't. Nevertheless, I proceeded to the bathroom to start and get ready for the day I'm about to have with her.

I decided not to wash my hair because I didn't want to take too long and I felt really tired and out of it. But after coming out of the shower, I felt a bit better but I still felt awful if that makes perfect sense. I dried myself up with my towel and walked over to my closet, picking whatever comfortable clothes there were that was easily accessilble. It's not like this day is important for me to dress up anyway, plus I really didn't feel like dressing up today.

I sent Jessica a message right after, telling her to meet up at the park nearby my apartment. She sent a message right after saying that it was fine and that her apartment was actually right around the area as well.

Great, and I don't mean that sarcastically. At least if I wanted to meet up with her again... and probably ask her to spend the night... we wouldn't need to spend too much money on taxi or gas.

 

Upon meeting up, she had told me that she was new to the area. Apparently she came here from the US for a job offer. Jessica's spent all her life in the US that being here in South Korea is a big culture shock to her even if she's surrounded by traditional Korean families. But I guess that doesn't matter since she was still surrounded by Americans and their culture in general.

I've been around Seoul for almost more than a year now so I at least know some good spots to see and hang out in. I'm from Jeonju, which is a bit of a long way down south from Seoul. I decided to go to Seoul to tackle on a more challenging lifestyle. Seoul is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter