How We Met

Roller Coaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a lonely night.

I was getting over this girl I've been trying to date for a while now. She ended up playing me instead by giving me excuses and whatnot going from "I love you" to finding out she's been saying those same words to different guys. I've been tricked. I was stupid. My desperation led me to falling in love with this girl that I don't really know. I should've listened to my friends and peers who told me to ditch her right off the bat before my feelings for her escalated.

"Hey Taeyeon, we're at this bar right now. You should come along!"

My friend, Jokwon, had sent me a message as I was about to head back home. Luckily I was still out in the area when he did. It doesn't seem to be a pretty bad night to go out and drink. I mean, this is what people do when they're trying to get over someone isn't it? Eitherway, I haven't hung out with this friend of mine at all. I just know we went to the same school together and ended up working at this area away from my childhood home.

Upon entering the bar, I saw this gorgeous girl along with her friend... which I'm actually assuming is her boyfriend. They were sitting by the door so we made immediate eye contact. Nevertheless, I proceeded towards the bar and sat next to Jokwon. I looked at him and so with his other buddies next to him. They seem pretty dead.

"Is there something that happened?" I asked while I stare at them.

"Ah... my friend over here is just having some fiancee issues. It's alright," Jokwon answered while he rubbed her back.

"Sorry to hear that," I bowed to his friend, "seems like a heartbreak night after all."

I asked for a drink from the bartender and chatted with Jokwon for a little bit while his friend seemed distracted with her phone, most likely talking to her fiancee. His other friend was on the phone too but I could care less really. After only a little bit of time, Jokwon's friend immediately got up.

"I really have to take care of this," she said and walked out of the bar.

I stared as Jokwon stood up, looking towards her direction then looking back at me.

"I'm sorry but I have to take care of her. You can hang out with him," Jokwon pointed at his other friend, "but I really have to go and at least comfort her."

"I understand..." I replied.

"I'm actually about to head out to this other bar if you want to come with," Jokwon's friend abrupted as he stood up from his seat as well, "I'll be going over to that one by the tower."

"Oh that one," I shook my head, "it's alright. You can go ahead."

"Alright," he nodded, "if you change your mind, I'll be there."

"No, I'll be good," I smiled, "take care!"

I would've gone with him in all honesty. I don't really drink alone. If I drink, I converse with people or party it up no matter how awkward I get. But the fact that he was going to that certain bar, I didn't want to go. You see, the girl that played me was currently at that bar at least with the recent message I received from her.

I tried to make the best out of my time at the bar I was currently at eitherway. There wasn't anyone except for that girl and her friend by the door. Other than that, I decided to speak with the bartenders eitherway and got shots after shots. At least they kept me company. But not long after, I just noticed a presence come next to me.

I looked to my side and saw the girl and her friend sitting by the chair next to mine. I didn't really think twice about it. I was guessing it was because of the fact that they were on the far side of the bar and decided to close the gap to make it easy for the bartenders. Eitherway, I introduced myself to the girl at least.

"Hello, how're you guys' night going?"

The girl seemed overly shocked that I was speaking to her... or did I do something wrong?

"We're good actually, how about yours? What brings you here?" she asked.

"I came here for friends but they just left as you probably saw... I was actually supposed to meet up with this girl tonight but I couldn't handle any more of her lies."

"You like girls?" she questioned.

"Is there a problem?"

"Nothing at all honestly. I like girls too!"

I smiled at my new knowledge of this girl. I don't come along many people that do share the same interests. And in all honesty, I do have a good feeling about her. It's just some kind of aura that I'm particularly drawn to. I can't figure out what it is but I didn't pay too much attention to it.

We kept talking and even talked a little bit to her male friend. At the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter