Which Do You Prefer?

Swipe Right -Daehyun's POV-
Please log in to read the full chapter

  Himchan, Jongup, and I continue to explore this little town and find a lot of small shops and family owned food places. Of course, we don’t go to every food place, but just pass by as we walk down the streets. Even though this place is small, they have their own mini city where you can do a few things like watch a movie, go to an arcade, eat, shop, and things like that.

  While we are walking through town, I message Youngjae.

So, now we’re walking through the city. 

  I’m suddenly used to telling Youngjae everything we do. It’s probably the lamest thing I can ever do, but I just want to talk to him. He’s nice company even though it’s just through text, but at least I’ll be able to see him this weekend.

  Oh yeah? Where are you heading?

  I look around to see any sign of a possible stop, but there is none as everything around us are basically restaurants and we ate about an hour ago. “Where are we heading to now?” I ask Himchan who is leading the group this time.

  He doesn’t turn his head and announces, “Dunno. I was just going with the flow and if I find something interesting, we’ll go there.”

  I sigh. Typical.

Not sure. My friend doesn’t know what he’s doing.   Got any suggestions?  

  I look up from my phone and see a movie theater. I wonder what’s showing. “Hey, should we watch a movie for now? It’s getting hot.” Luckily, these guys are movie goers, so I don’t expect a no. Also, the sun is beating on us, burning my skin and causing me to sweat, so most likely they’ll agree with going inside.

  Himchan and Jongup exchange looks before turning to me. Himchan has a huge grin on his lips. “Aren’t you going to have a little date with that Youngjae guy? Wouldn’t it be best to watch a movie with him?”

  I can feel my cheek flush, but I try to hide it as I punch him on the shoulder while yelling, “No! Well, yeah, I’m going to hang out with Youngjae, but I don’t know what we’re going to do. It’s not a date, okay? We’re just going to see each other.”

  “Yeah, and it’s just the two of you,” Himchan points out. He rubs his shoulder, “Damn, you much hard.”

  I glare at him. “You deserve it anyways. So, does that mean it’s a no? Or yes? There has to be something to do and it’s getting hot,” I explain. Oh, come on. We don’t even have a plan and Himchan is already refusing the first thing that appears before us.

  Himchan rubs the back of his neck and turns to Jongup. “What do you think?”

  Jongup glances at me and notices my pleading eyes. Then, his eyes trail. “Uhm. Maybe we can save the movies for later that way Daehyun has something to do during his… uh… date… With Youngjae.”

  Not him, too! What is going on? Why is Jongup betraying me now? He usually agrees with me especially when it comes to Himchan’s weird antics. I grab Jongup’s arm and give his puppy-dog eyes. “Wait. Are you sure? If I remember right, didn’t you want to watch ______? (Sorry. Too lazy to think of something and it’s the same movie choice as the original Swipe Right)”

  “It doesn’t come out until Friday,” Jongup points out.

  “Perfect!” Himchan exclaims while clapping a hand on my shoulder. “That means you can go with Youngjae and watch it then since your little date is on Saturday, right?”

  “I told you it’s not a date! And yes, it’s Saturday, but what if he doesn’t want to watch it? I know for a fact that you guys do, so we can watch it when we get back home.” Damn. What is wrong with me? I don’t know why I’m suddenly feeling embarrassed about being with Youngjae for a whole day with just the two of us. Just the thought of it makes my stomach churn and my heart race.

  He wiggles a finger. “If he doesn’t accept your choice in movies, then he’s not worth it because whatever you like reflects on who you are.”

  “Oh, shut up, Himchan.” Sometimes he says things that sound smart, but in the end they don’t make sense.

  “Anyways, why don’t we just grab some ice cream since it’s hot? If I remember correctly, there should be a custard place nearby.” He scans the area and points to a small building wit

Please log in to read the full chapter