First Chat

Swipe Right -Daehyun's POV-
Please log in to read the full chapter

  We reach our destination which is a bed and breakfast place Himchan reserved for us. This will be our last stop for our road trip until we return home to go back to reality. It's a small house to match this tiny city, but we trust Himchan because he knows this place more than we do since he used to live here. However, when we asked him what we should do, he answered with a, "I don't know. I was still a child when we left this city. I just remember going to my favorite donut shop, but I can't see to find it when we drove through here."

  We will have this all to ourself, and luckily, there's three bedrooms. Himchan calls the master bedroom and drags his luggage to the room without another wait. Jongup takes the room across from the guest bathroom while I take the room next to it. My room must've been used as a child's room before the owners decided to make it into a bed and breakfast place as there are turquiose curtains coving the single window, turquiose covers with spaceship like patterns on the twin bed, and frames of cartoon-like giraffes, zebras, and elephants.

  I place my suitcase and backpack next to the dresser and plop on the bed, face down and arms spread out. Even though I've been sitting in a car for so long, I feel utterly tired. I don't want to do anything, but I'm sure the guys want to once they're settled. Taking out my phone, I check the dating app to see if there's anyone willing to chat with me. There are a few, but only one particular person catches my eye, and I can't help but smile when I see that I received a chat from him.

  

  I literally laugh out loud not only because it was cute, but because he's the first one to actually give me a decent derp gif. I quickly search for one to send him and pick the perfect one.

   Hey  

  Let's see if he can top that!

  "Hey, Daehyun. Can I borrow your charger? I think I left it in the car," Jongup asks while having his phone in his hand.

  "Yeah," I grumble and bury my face into the covers. Man, I really am tired, but I don't know why. It can't be because I'm jetlagged because that just wouldn't make sense. We didn't take a plane from across the country to get over here, so I guess it's just because we've been traveling so much and waking up early to get to places. I turn my face towards Jongup, remember that I have to tell him where it was, "Check my backpack. It should be in the small pocket at the front."

  He trudges to my backpack and crouches down. Before he takes my charger, he sees me holding my phone. "Still on the dating app?"

  "Yeah."

  "I really should delete mine," he mutters before leaving the room.

  I check my phone once more and see that Youngjae hasn't replied. Other guys did, but I really don't feel like talking to them for some reason. I don't know why but this Youngjae really grabs my attention even though he doesn't say much on his bio. I guess since he doesn't reveal a lot about himself makes me want to know maore about him. Thinking he won't answer for a while, I turn off my phone and simply lie on my bed with my cheeks pressing against the covers. Slowly, I can feel myself drifting into a dreamland until I give in and close my eyes. I hope when I wake up I'll see a new message from him.

  "Yo! Daehyun! Let's go! We're done packing!" Himchan yells from across the living room near his bedroom door.

  I groan. What is going on? How long was I asleep? I turn my head and notice I had been drolling. There's a little wet spot near my mouth and the covers seem to soak some of it. "Gross," I mutter to myself and wipe away the drool on the corner of my mouth with my sleeve. I lost track of time, but when I check my phone, apparently I only fell asleep for thirty minutes. "Damn. I just want to sleep." I'm about to protest with Himchan by burying my head in my covers once more until I see that Youngjae answered.

  Hi.   What's up?

  I chuckle. Is that all he can come up with? Well, let's see how long he'll be able to keep a conversation. At least he's not like the other guys I've spoken to. Sometimes they go straight to it with flirtatious advancements or they simply don't answer until three days later. Well, there's also a time where one guy sent pictures that I don't need to see, and I immediately unmatched with him. I don't have time for people like that.

Just woke up from a nap. You?     I was studying. I got a major exam next week that I can't fail.

  So he's a student. Possibly a graduate student based on his age. Hm. I wonder what he's taking.

  I continue to chat with him, asking what he does, and I learn that he's possibly a neuroscience major. I can't tell based on what he tells me since he just says that he's studying about the brain. You can say that normally people don't talk about things like this on online dating sites, but I actually don't mind. It's something refreshing, and it's a bit intriguing since this is the first time I've spoken to someone who's actually taking a course like his. Maybe we'll have some intellectual talks.

We're planning on touring the place. Got any suggestions?  

  I ask this newfound person. I'm hoping he will suggest food places because I'm always hungry, and food is always the way to my heart and stomach. If he manages to pick good food places, then we will definitely get along.

  "Daehyun!" Himachan yells at me again since I didn't move for a few mintues.

  "Alright. Alright!" I yell back. "Geez. He's so uptight. It's probably because he can't get someone to match with, but I mean with an About Me like his, he's bound to get some strange people. I mean, who puts, 'I can fidget your spinner' on their About Me? What does that even supposed to mean?" I grumble to myself as I push myself up from my bed.

  I hear Jongup knocking on my open door and calling out, "Himchan's hungry that's why he's acting like an ."

  "Okay. I'll be out." Seems like my battery will last me for the rest of the night as long as I don't use it too much. I check my message and see that Youngjae already answered. Man, this guy acts quickly. Sometimes the people I talk to takes hours just to get a single reply.

  I know a few good food places.   Uhm, we also have this great breakfast place that serves huge pancakes   And the price isn't bad either! Sounds intriguing  

  Not a bad start, but I really want something more than pancakes. I'll just ask him about that place next time. I make my way to the living room where Himchan and Jongup are waiting for me with their shoes already on. Himchan looks a little annoyed while Jo

Please log in to read the full chapter