Going Crazy

Swipe Right -Daehyun's POV-
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yes, I know these chapters are basically like from the original, but they're important scenes. So that's why I try to put some of Daehyun's activities when he's with Jongup and Himchan >.<

  I wake up in the morning and immediately jump out of my bed to grab my phone and tell Youngjae what we're doing. Before I type up the message, I tap my chin and check the time. He might be asleep or something, considering it's 7 in the morning, but it's not like I have to get an immediate response. 

We're heading to the park today! Pretty excited!  

  I wait a moment, expecting him to reply considering he answers quickly, but to my dismay, there's no response. With a sigh, I toss my phone on my bed and get ready for the day. Luckily, I manage to get to the bathroom before Jongup because he takes forever sometime, yet he's not as bad as Himchan. Himchan takes decades to get ready, and sometimes it's annoying because we need to get somewhere at a certain time so we can do more things, but no, he wants to make sure he looks perfect just in case someone is looking at him.

  I throw on some pants and a t-shirt. For some reason I'm so excited to go hiking. I guess it's because I want to see the sunrise that Youngjae mentioned, but knowing how long Himchan takes, I don't even know if we can make it. Heading to the living room, I look out the window behind the couch and see that it's still dark outside but with sprinkles of light peeking from below. Yeah, seems like we won't make it.

  "Himchan! Are you ready?" I shout at him.

  "No! Leave me alone!" He calls back.

  I groan and land on the couch as I wait for the "princess" to get ready. I check my phone and Youngjae still hasn't answered. "Man, he's taking a long time this time," I mutter to myself.

  After twenty minutes, Jongup comes out of the bathroom and joins me on the couch. "Himchan still getting ready?" He asks and checks the window.

  The sun is starting to rise, and by the time Himchan gets ready and the time it takes to drive there, the sun will already be up. Ah, what a bummer.

  "Yeah." I really did want to see the sunrise. Both the sunrise and sunset are so beautiful to me due to all the warm hues that paint the sky. "He really needs to learn how to et ready faster."

  Jongup laughs. "Or he needs to get up earlier to get ready."

  "That, too."

  We wait until Himchan emerges from his bedroom, looking like he's about to stay overnight at the park, wearing pant, a long sleeve shirt, a sun hat, sunglasses, and a fanny pack with whatever items he needs. His choice in clothing seems a bit ridiculous, but it's because he doesn't want to get a tan.

  "Ready," Himchan announces and heads out the door without waiting for us.

  I roll my eyes. Typical Himchan. We wait for him and he doesn't apologize and heads straight to the car as if we weren't waiting for him. I throw on my shoes and as I tie my laces, I check to see if Youngjae replied, but he still hasn't. It's weird how anxious I'm getting just for a simple reply.

  Jongup must have noticed because once we get in the car, he asks, "Are you still talking to that Youngjae guy?"

  "First of all, just say Youngjae because that's his name. And second of all, yes. Yes I am. He's definitely ten times better than 90% of the guys I've spoken to on this app."

  Himchan turns around and wiggles his eyebrows. "Well someone is attracted to him." He starts backing out of the driveway.

  I feel my face flush. No way! I'm not attracted to him! We only started talking recently, so there's no way am I developing any feelings other than friendship at the moment! I cross my arms over my chest and turn my head to the window, muttering, "Shut up." Then out loud, "I am not attracted to him in that way! I just think he's interesting, so I want to get to know him more. There's nothing wrong with that!"

  "Of course not," Himchan calls from the front while glancing at me through the rearview mirror. "But there's also nothing wrong with being attracted to someone physically even if you've never met in person. It's like those crazy fangirls and fanboys fantasizing about their celebrity crush."

  "Oh, shut up." I don't want to hear that! I am definitely not thinking about what Himchan is implying! I am definitely more mature than that... But, I can't deny that he does look cute in some of his photos. Ah! No! He's wrong. I just- I just think of him as a friend. That's all...

  The drive there was a bit long as we grab breakfast and, again, all I hear are Himchan and Jongup having their usual arguement about random things. Today was about if coffee or tea is better. I just roll my eyes and let them do their thing. Ocassionally, I check my phone, but Youngjae still hasn't replied. I guess he's really busy today, but still, he can at least say something.

  As we reach the park, I still didn't get a reply.

  Himchan wraps an arm around my shoulder and stares at my phone. "Why are you so gloomy? Is he not messaging you anymore?"

  My cheeks flare and I'm lost for words. "Well- I- Uh- He's probably busy, and we'll be busy anyways, so it's okay if he doesn't reply now. It's not like I'm waiting for him to say something."

  "Sure..." He looks at me for a long time with his eyes squinting while I stare directly back, not dropping my gaze. Then, he drops his head and releases me, only to change his position to Jongup. "Alright Jongup, you lead the way."

  "Wait. Why me?"

  "Because I said so, and because you said that tea is better than coffee."

  "Because it is."

  "Ah! Not again!" I burst and take the lead. I check the map and point at one of the path which was called the Butterfly Path. I assume they just named it that because I don't think there are many butterflies with this heat. "Aren't you going to get hot, Himchan?" I ask him, indicating his choice of clothing.

  He brushes my concern off. "I'll be fine. I'll make sure to drink lots of water, and if I ever get hot, I have a tank under this shirt."

  "Alright." I make my way to the path.

  We probably hike for a couple of miles already, but I'm already tired. It's hot, I'm sweating, and I'm starting to get a bit hungry. Ugh. Now, I just want to get this trail over with and go back and away from this s

Please log in to read the full chapter