Chapter Four

Athazagoraphobia

Since that first meeting where he broke down in front of Dr. Song, Jonghyun had spoke to her three more times. Though she only bisited the police dorms once a week, she'd made an exception and had gone into the station to check on him. They'd spoken in one of the interview rooms, as that's where they had the moset privacy.

Surprisingly, Jonghyun found talking to the therapist very helpful. A huge weight seemed to have lifted from his chest, just from talking to someone about what he was going through. And with the relief of not being alone anymore, Jonghyun started finding it easier to handle his work. Kang Dae was still annoying as ever, but Jonghyun found that casually leaving case files open to the pictures unnerved the younger male.

The pictures actually unnerved quite a few of Jonghyun's collegues, many of them winced when they happened to look down and see some of the horrors that crossed his desk. Even Detective Chung, who more often thatn not put the files there in the first place, seemed to get a little queasy at the sight. Jonghyun, on the other hand, found it eerily easy to ignore the pictures, quietly pretending that they weren't real. Of course, after clocking out, he'd go online and watch hours' worth of kid's shows as eye and brain bleach.

On his day's off he'd call some of his friends from the K-Pop world, all of whom were excited at how much better he seemed to be doing. He studiously avoided going on Twitter or fan sites, though.

He still wrote letters to Key, however. No matter what, Jonghyun was still in love with him. Even if he had no idea where Key was or even how to find him. He told Dr. Song about wanting to find Kibum, not really expecting anything to come from his desire, but a few days later a young detective stopped by his desk.

"Kim Jonghyun? I'm Jeon Sungho. I heard you're looking for someone?"

Jonghyun looked up in surprise, nodding.

"Well, I've been looking for some new probono work; I've got the time. I could help you out if you'd like."

Jonghyun's heart thumped in his chest, "You... You mean it? Really?" He stood, almost knocking his chair back. Sungho smiled.

"Yes, I'll help you out." He leaned forward, so his next words would be discreet, "I knew there was something off about the SM announcement. I'll find him."

Jonghyun couldn't help himself, throwing his arms around the young detective. Jeon Sungho smiled and patted his back awkwardly.

"Alright, Kim. Get back to work." Detective Chung said, a gruff smile in his voice. Jonghyun broke the hug, blushing as he sat back down.

 

"Kim!"

Jonghyun looked back over his shoulder to see Chung walking toward him. "Ne, sir?"

"I just wanted to tell you, since you started talking with Dr. Song, your work has improved. And I'm glad to see you talking to other people around here."

Jonghyung smiled, "Mmm. Thank you very much for your advice to see her. You were right, talking to someone really has been helpful."

"Good. Now go get some rest. There's a pile of paperwork from that last case that's got your name on it tomorrow."

"Yes, sir." Jonghyun bowed before making his way back to the dorms.

His living space with the police force was similar to his early days with SHINee. Only instead of it being four others, there were about ten. Most, if not all, of his dorm mates were only still there due to the convienience of it all. They were single and didn't see the point in paying for an apartment when they could live at the dorm practically free. The more senior males had rooms to themselves, whereas Jonghyun and the other juniors shared with at least one other person.

When he walked in, Jonghyun went straight for the fridge. Taking a waterbottle and some leftover pizza he retreated to his room. A was his habit, he wrote to Key while he ate. Afterwards, he stretched and showered, and hung out watching TV for a bit before going to bed.

 

He opened his eyes to Comme Des in his face, panting puppy breath. Jonghyun froze for a moment before smiling and reaching up to pet the dog. He yawned and got up, walking out to the kitchen to get the dog breakfast.

Standing there, as if nothing had happened, was Kibum. The taller male was making breakfast, and he turned as Jonghyun walked in. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Kibum's waist, pulling him in for a kiss. When they pulled away, Key laughed.

"What's gotten into you all of a sudden?"

"Nothing," Jonghyun said, resting his head on Key's shoulder. "I just love you."

 

 




Ah, sorry for taking so long ^^

As you all know, things are a bit busy for me right now, but I'm working it out. Hopefully things will be better soon. The next chapter is giving me some trouble with how I need things to happen, and what source certain information is going to come from. When I started this, I tried to have the next chapter's draft finished before I posted, but it's just taking me so long, and I didn't want to make you all wait any longer.

Also also, Happy Green Day everyone~ Had to have a little fluff to celebrate.

~Jordan