Chapter Two

Athazagoraphobia

"Kim. Kim! ... Kim Jonghyun, pull your head out of your !"

Jonghyun looked up from his desk with a start, his face flushing. "Sorry, sir. I - "

"Save it kid. You've been like this since that trip of yours to Seoul. Now, I don't know what happened up there, but you need to find a better way of handling it. All this moping around is affectiong your work."

"Yes, Detective Chung-ssi." Jonghyun said, standing and bowing to the gruff older male. "I'm sorry, sir. I'll do better."

The older male sighed, placing a hand on Jonghyun's shoulder. "I know you're going through a tough time right now, Kim. I'm not going to say I know anything about your situation, but remeber that we do have Doctor Song visit the dorms each week. Maybe talking to someone could help."

Jonghyun stared down at the floor, his face turning red. Yet another person who thought he should see a shrink. He didn't say anything more to the older male, and waited patiently for him to leave. After another moment of silence, Detective Chung sighed and walked away.

"I want those files on my desk by tomorrow morning Kim."

Letting out a breath, Jonghyun sat back down at his desk, neatly sorting through the files the detective had dropped off. He was starting to get into a groove when a familiar hand plonked itself directly in his feild of view.

"Kang Dae... Please leave. I have a lot of work to do," Jonghyun said without looking up, gritting his teeth.

"You know, I used to think you were so much cooler. What's with the working stiff act?" The younger male sat on the desk, gently reaching out and catching Jonghyun's chin, firmly making them meet each other's eyes.

"It's not an act, Kang Dae. It's called being an adult."

"You've been so down lately, Jongie," Kang Dae spoke, false sympathy in his voice, "What's wrong? Did the cuckoo bird leave the nest?" He chuckled, leaning in close, "You know, I wouldn't mind helping you forget that dumb little ."

Jonghyun's hands clenched at the younger's words. He was about to hit the kid -  again - when one of the senior officers from Evidence showed up.

"Ohm Kang Dae! Do you want to get suspended? Leave Chung's team alone and get back to work!"

Kang Dae hopped off the desk - scattering the contents of a domestic violence report across the floor -  and Jonghyun let out a soft groan. If he had to deal with much more of that brat, it didn't matter how much he liked the rest of the guys here; Jonghyun would ask to be transferred elsewhere.



"Kim Jonghyun? You can come in now." Doctor Song said in a soft voice, holding open the door. Jonghyun swallowed, looking around in embarrassment to see if any of his dorm mates were staring at him. He looked back at the therapist, who smiled in encouragement, and walked quickly into the small office.

"You've never done this before, have you?" Doctor Song asked, gesturing for Jonghyun to make himself comfortable.

"Is it that obvious?" Jonghyun asked, finally aking eye contact with the doctor. Her eyes were wide and inviting, full of sympathy and completely lacking judgement.

"It's fine, Jonghyun-ssi. Many people view talking with a therapist as giving up, or admiting that they're too weak to handly their problems on their own."

"Do you think I'm weak?" Jonghyun asked, a bit sharper than he meant.

"I think," Doctor Song said softly, "That sometimes things happen that are too big for one person to handle on their own, and I think that people who see that they may need a little more support and seek the help they need are strong enough to know when they've pushed themselves too far."

Jonghyun sat quitetly for a moment, biting his lip before he spoke again. "Do... You remember the accident that happened a few years ago?"

"The one your group member was in, which resulted in his memory loss? Is that right?"

Jonghyun looked down at his feet, tears spilling from him as he finally choked out the thing that had been eating him from the inside for the past three years.

"It... It was my fault. I caused the accident. Key's injury... I did it."

There was a moment of tense silence before Doctor Song spoke again. "You blame yourself for Kibum-ssi's injury?"

"It's my fault! I wasn't looking and I hit a patch of black ice... If I... If I'd been watching the road like I should have -"

"Jonghyun-ssi," Doctor Song said, somewhat sharply, "Jonghyun, you listen to me. What happend was definitely horrible. But you musn't let yourself fall into the land of 'if only.' What happened, happened. We can't change that. But we can choose how to deal with the aftermath, now."

Jonghyun stopped crying abruptly, looking up at the woman in surprise. He listened to her words mutely, embarrassed over the the way he'd broken down in front of her.

"What... What should I do?" He asked in a shaky voice when she'd finished.

"First, let's make a goal. Find out what we can do in our sessions to help get you back on track. Then, we'll work through it together."

Jonghyun nodded, a small glint of determination in his eyes. He wanted to get better. And he would.

 

 

 

 




Ugh finally Jonghyun's in therapy. He really needs this guys, he's just been keeping everything in and I'm surprised he hasn't snapped already... Also... KANG DAE NEEDS TO STAHP... Little ... I don't like this kid lol

Thank you all for waiting patiently for Chapter Two!

~Jordan