Chapter Three

Athazagoraphobia

Key yawned, stretching out the stiffness in his body, rolling over and almost crushing Jae Eun.

"Mff... Yah... Wae?" Jae Eun asked drowsily. He rubbed his eyes and opened them a crack at the older male.

"Sorry... " Key said with a blush, "I'm not used to sleeping next to anyone."

"Mmm... Well, it's still too early to be up yet..." Jae Eun mumbled, closing his eyes once more. He rolled close to Key, throwing an arm over him and pulling him close. "So why not... Get some more practice?"

Key's heart pounded, a blush flooding his cheeks. Shyly, he snuggled into Jae Eun's side, trying to will himself back to sleep. It wasn't working though, so he settled for watching Jae Eun sleep. Ke didn't realize how close he was getting until Jae Eun suddenly pressed their lips together.

Startled, Key froze for a moment, but he happily closed his eyes. Pressing himself into Jae Eun's arms he deepened the kiss, gently the younger's lips and humming. After a minute - or maybe ten, he wasn't sure - Jae Eun finally pulled away. Both men were panting lightly and Key blushed as he looked into Jae Eun's eyes.

"That was the best kiss I've ever had." Jae Eun said, breaking the silence.

"R-really?" Key's eyes widened, "The best ever?"

Jae Eun smiled, "Ne, the absolute best."

Key was speechless for a moment, before he pulled Jae Eun into a new kiss. It didn't last long, though, as he soon brock away and quickly scrambled out of the tent.

"Y-Yah! Key, where are you going?" Jae Eun sat up, calling after him.

"I gotta pee!" Key yelled back. Jae Eun laughed as the mood in the tent was killed.

 

"So... What do people do when they're camping anyway?" Key asked later, as they were cleaning up after breakfast.

"Well, a lot depends on where exactly you go." Jae Eun replied, "Around here, we can go hiking, fishing, swimming. I brought my laptop and some DVD's just in case, so we could watch a movie if you wanted."

"Swimming sounds nice," Key smiled, though it quickly faded, "But I didn't bring a swim suit."

"Neither did I." Jae Eun winked. Key gulped as he heard the implications behind the younger's words.

"You... You mean... Skinny-dipping?"

Jae Eun laughed. "It's amazing, Key. You'll never feel as free in your life."

Key rolled his eyes. "You just want to see me , don't you?"

"That's part of it," Jae Eun teased lightly, "Though, I also just didn't think about bringing swimming trunks. I'm usually alone when I come up here."

Key swallowed heavilly as he pictured Jae Eun out here, alone... Swimming ... He coughed and looked away, trying to force himself to think of something else.

"So, what do you think? You wanna join me?" Jae Eun asked, drawing Key's attention back. Key hesitated for a moment, then threw his doubts to the wind.

"You know what? Why not?" He grinned, standing up. Jae Eun was surprised, but only for a minute.

"Alright, I'll go get us some towels, you go on ahead." Key stood blushing for a moment before nodding and walking towards the lake shore. He was grateful to Jae Eun for giving him some time for himself.

He stood at the water's edge, hesitant, not quite sure what he was doing. But the sun was quickly growing hotter and the water looked inviting. So he stripped down, suddenly wondering why he hadn't thought of just wearing their underwear. But he'd agreed to skinny dip with Jae Eun, so he shed his last piece of clothing.

It felt strange, standing there with nothing between him and the world. He felt so much more vulnerable, but at the same time exceedingly free. He walked forward, a thrill running through him at being so exposed. With a giddy laugh, he ran forward, diving into the water as soon as it was deep enough.

Coming up for air, he let out a whoop, laughing. Jae Eun had been right, Key felt more alive than he had in far too long. He swam alone for a while, reveling in the water against his skin, with nothing weighing or dragging on him.

A yell and a splash alerted Key that he was no longer alone, and he turned to see Jae Eun coming towards him. Giddiness rushed through his body once more, and he met Jae Eun halfway, pulling the younger up and into a kiss.

 

The two swam for most of the day, resting on their towels on the sand when they tired. At first, each had felt awkward around the other; the blushed and looked away each time they caught a glimpse. As time when on though, they felt less uncomfortable; Key didn't think he'd ever been so at peace with someone.

They were resting now, Key having dragged his towel into the sun before laying back. His years of confinement showed in how pasty white his skin was, in the soft curves of his body and the general lack of visible muscle. Jae Eun, on the other hand, had golden brown skin and fairly defined muscles, both a product of his years growing his flowers and the hard physical work it took, and his years up at the camp.

"Aish... Sorry for blinding you, Jae Eun." Key said, dramatically shielding his own eyes from the glare coming off his body. Jae Eun just laughed.

"You're not blinding me, I promise. But don't forget your sunscreen. Full-body sunburn is not pleasent, trust me."

Key rolled his eyes but took the bottle anyway, already rubbing it into his skin. Throughout the day, Jay Eun had called for a break in their fun to apply and re-apply the sunscreen. Key tossed the bottle back to the younger, laying himself out with a smile on his face.

 

This... This has got to be what heaven is... Right?

 

 




 Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the late update, but quite a bit has been going on. My mom lost her job, so I, a Subway Sandwich Artist, am now the sole income for the house. Yeah... Minimum wage isn't enough for ONE person, let alone two. Secondly, a very close friend of mine is in a horrible situation, quite literally homeless and starving. I'm sending her money (starting this week) to try and help her, but that stretches my paycheck quite thin... *sighs* It's alright though. I'm working hard and am trying not to let the tough stuff get me down.

This is a happy, fluffy chapter, because Jae Eun is generally a happy, fluffy person. *cries* He just wants love... I feel real cruddy for what I'm going to be putting him through...

Anyway, please enjoy this chapter, and I'm very greatful for all of your continued support! I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

 

~Jordan