Things Have Changed ☾

PROJECT MOONLIGHT ☾
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(There's a LIKELY chance there's going to be violence in every chapter from this point so read at your own risk please~)

Da-in's POV

Ever since Daniel found out my name, I would find him bumping into me. And at this point, I find his company quite... interesting. 

Like any other day, I bring the new shipments of food to the kitchen. On the way there, I look around for a smiley brown-haired fellow. I don't know why I felt a little disappointed, but I couldn't find him anywhere. But as I pick up a box, I feel a presence creeping behind me. I sort of panic. With that, I drop and pop this er with a makikomi (I'm not a dictionary, look it up). I land on this guy and hold him with a choke hold. But I realize who I was holding, so I let go.

"Damn it, Daniel! Rule number one: NEVER sneak up behind a person who kicks in Judo."

Then he tilts his head and cracks his neck. "Yeah, lesson learned."

I turn away, sort of smiling knowing that he came. Out of nowhere, his face pops upright in front of me, so I cough to cover my smile.

"Were you smiling just now?"

"No."

"I'm pretty sure you were-"

"I wasn't."

I knew I was lying and I'm pretty sure he did, too. But I ignore his sly smile and start picking up the boxes, which seem lighter today. Similar to the first day we met, Daniel tries to take some of the shipments off my hands. Even though I try to refuse, saying that the boxes are manageable, Daniel is more stubborn than me, which says something. 

As we're walking next to each other, I start the conversation.

"Hey, I'm sorry for flipping you over into a choke hold."

"Now that's something you don't hear every day."

"Haha, let's just say this isn't the first time this had happened."

"I bet. Oh, by the way, why were you smiling back there?"

"Uhh... HEY! Remember Jihoon? The weird guy I call my best friend?

He snickers, probably aware of me changing the subject but still goes with it. "Yeah, the guy you told me about."

"Yeah and I was talking to him between his shifts. And it turns out that he managed to smuggle some playing cards from the security guards."

"Playing cards? I've haven't seen some ever since my Dad banned them. He said that they were too much of a distraction for my studies. Along with that, he also took anything that seemed fun. "

"Just for that? That seems stupid. Anyways, want to meet up at night to play a few games?"

I don't know what he was thinking because he started smirking. But then I soon knew why.

"Ooh, what kind of games? Just the two of us?"

In response, I scoff and punch his shoulder. "In your dreams. No, I mean CARD games. With Woojin and Jihoon."

Daniel winces while rubbing his shoulder. But smiles whatsoever afterward. "Sure."

By this time, we've stopped at the kitchen doors. Swiftly, I snatch the boxes and walk off.

"See you later, Da-in-ah."

"Ha! Talking informally with me, you punk."

"Well isn't it normal to talk informally to someone close to you?"

My jaw drops like a goldfish, and before I get to say anything, Daniel turns and leaves. 

As I'm about to go in, I realize that I forgot to tell Daniel where my bunker was. Maybe, I'll tell him tomorrow.

 

I walk into the doors with the boxes and run into one of my coworkers.

She takes some off my hands and smiles. "Thanks, Da-in."

Right away, she sets them on a counter and cuts one open. By her face, she doesn't look that pleased with the contents. So I ask her out of curiosity.

"What is it?"

She sighs in response. " I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating about the food portions are growing smaller. But now I know I wasn't dreaming. Take a look."

I come over to the box. As I peer over the tops, I notice small rations of rice, broccoli, and chicken. 

"So that's why it felt lighter than usual."

"Yeah, and as time passes, the meals get simpler. Soon, we might just be eating a grain of rice."

All of a sudden, I get a chill. I have a bad feeling about this.

 

A few hours later

After I washed up, I fall onto the bottom bed of the bunker. Feeling bored, I start to kick the top bed of the bunk bed with my feet. Woojin, who's on the top bunk starts to whine.

"Noona, you're such a kid."

"Haha, I'm just bored Woojin. Where's that smart , Jihoon?"

As if I called him, I see him sneaking over here. He's so extra, but I swear this is why I love him. Once he's right in front of the space between our bunk beds, he does something that's supposed to be a somersault and sticks the landing.

"Ta-dah!" He says this out of breath.

Woojin pokes his head out to Jihoon. "You didn't even roll right, Hyung." 

Jihoon laughs dryly and ruffles Woojin's hair, which I know is something Woojin can't stand. "What did you say, LITTLE ?!"

Of course, Woojin retaliates by pulling Jihoon's hair, which Jihoon does the same back. Woojin is still on the top bunk. What that means is that most of Woojin's body is being pulled off by Jihoon. Through all of this, they're STILL holding onto each other's hair. But, one arm pulls the hair, and Jihoon's other hand is pulling Woojin down. Woojin is punching Jihoon's body in the meantime. You must think, "Why is she emceeing all of this? Shouldn't she try to break it up?" HA. Usually, I would, but it's too amusing sometimes. 

At one point, their actions slow down, and I'm looking at them all tired out.

"Now if you're done clawing at each other, ladies, I believe we have a deck of cards that need some attention."

With that, they both get their second wind. Woojin jumps over the rail and Jihoon scrambles to sit on his bed that's across from us.

Right after Woojin finishes shuffling the cards, I hear footsteps coming.

", guys, I hear someone coming. HIDE. GO."

Woojin gets scared, and the cards fall out of his hands. Just great. I don't cuss out Woojin because he's my baby of course. But if it was Jihoon, well, that's another story. Anyways, Woojin tries to pick up one card at a time, hopelessly. I turn my head to see a flashlight coming our way, so I finally kick the cards and Woojin under my bed. Jihoon and I pull the covers ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter