2 AM ☾

PROJECT MOONLIGHT ☾
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 AM.

2 AM was when everything went down.

Everything was a blur; it was unreal.

But before we talk about what happened, let's go back 8 hours ago.

 

8 Hours Ago

It's a summer evening, yet the sun is still shining in. I look out at the sun's wondrous light and wonder, " Man... This ing ."

I sigh as I look at my watch. "6:00." Ughhhh another boring day at this coffee shop. Usually, at this time, people would call this "rush hour", but there's barely anyone here. I mean the place has decent coffee, but people would rather drink ty coffee at Starbucks, which makes no sense at all whatsoever.

I look around and I see Mina, the newbie worker, apologizing to a table for messing up their order.

"That's like the fifth time today," I say under my breath.

Then I hear a loud sound and I look over to see this group of jocks basically tackling each other off the chairs. Like, who comes to a coffee shop to wrestle, Jesus Christ.

But when I'm about to look away, I hear of them say, "This is how you get free coffee, my dudes," and I see him take something out of his pocket and throws it in his coffee.

"What are you up to..."

And as I stand up to walk over there, the jocks call Mina over.

"This coffee ! And look, there's a FLY floating there!"

I scoff and I'm thinking that anyone can see that's not a fly. And guess what? Mina responds with, " Umm... that doesn't look like a real fl-"

"I'm pretty sure the customer is ALWAYS right so let's cut to the chase, you say the coffee's on the house and I'll forget about this." 

"But it's not even a real fly; you took out, what seems like lint, out of your pocket to dodge the bill. You might think she can take this , but guess what punk, it ain't working me." By this time, I'm already over there, because I was annoyed with this little stunt.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do abou- haAAHHH."

If you must know, I took his finger that was pointed at me and twisted it upwards. 

"Apologize," I say through gritted teeth, while now twisting his arm behind his back.

"Umm... Da-in," Mina stutters out.

"Not Now, Mina. Now. Apologize."

I swear he was gonna apologize, but then my BOSS walks in. What kind of timing is this?

Of course, I had to let go of his arm and he went out of the place with his buddies quick.

"Hehe hey Boss, I was just... playing around with the customers. I was just testing this game wit-"

"Get out." 

"Okay." 

 

 5 hours after the coffee shop incident

"Ughhhh..." I walk into my cramped apartment and throw my keys somewhere I don't even know. But, I'm really tired. 

You may think that I went out with friends after I got fired from my job, but no. I went ALL OVER TOWN to look for a new job. But, it's kind of hard when the city is mostly all these broken down buildings and factories. I swear to you that I HATED my job at the coffee place, but it sure as hell paid well. I don't really like working, but I can't afford not to.

I was about to walk into my room when my lovely little bro walks up to me.

"Hey, Woojin-ah. It's 11, why are you still up?"

"I'm up cause Noona promised to make dinner today..."

Ah, shoot, I knew I was forgetting something. "Sorry, about that Woojin."

"It's okay. I tried to surprise you by cooking dinner for you, Noona... But it seems like I still can't cook." 

I look over to see the whole mess of pans in the kitchen. " Well... you tried. But I'll cook for you tomorrow because now, I'll actually have time to."

"Did you get fired again?"

I scratch my head, remembering the whole event that occurred. "Umm... I'll tell you about it later. You should get some sleep. You're still a high school student." 

He nods and I can't help but pinch his cheeks.  As for me, I try to sleep my problems off, but I know they can't escape from me. But with that thought, I fall asleep.

 

A few hours later

I wake up with cold sweat on my skin. I don't know if it's by instinct or just a coincidence, but I just feel like something bad is going to happen. Then in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter