Chapter X

Loving Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TEN

 

She felt herself being carried, her energy seeping out. Weakness, and numbness was what she felt. Something’s happening inside her body. Something weird was going on, it was like something’s missing inside her. What could it be?

“Hey” he whispered.

She must be dreaming,  she can smell Yonghwa’s unique scent, she can feel Yonghwa’s warmth as she snuggles deeply into the crook of his neck, she felt his hold on her tightened.

“Hey, please open your eyes” he whispered, his voice hoarser than before

She’s all weak and pale, scaring the out of him. She can’t even lift a finger, feeling like she’ll slip out of his hold the moment he didn’t hold her tight.

“Hold on please? Let me get you out of here” he squeezed her arm lightly, moving the injured burnt hand, making her grunt in pain

“. I’m sorry” His eyes widen the moment it sink in to him that he cursed.

“Too weak to kiss you” she whispered weakly, having a slight smile on her face as she closes her eyes

“What did I say?” he whispered back, as if teasing her. But she shook her head, not wanting to curse “I didn’t say anything” he chuckled lightly

She must be dreaming alright. Hearing him chuckling makes her think that she’s dreaming, or worse, she’s at her wits end.

“”

“You-“her eyes widen the moment she felt his soft lips touched hers for a few seconds, looking at him with disbelief

“You said you’re too weak Seo Joohyun. I just helped you with my punishment.”

Before she can answer back, Jungshin, Minhyuk and Jonghyun appeared in front of them.

“Noona!!” Jungshin shouted, approaching them fast

“What happened to your hand?!” Minhyuk looked at her hands with such worry it warmed her heart

“Let’s go to her room” Gongyoo said coldly, eyeing Yonghwa, following his hands that were holding Joohyun tightly. 

Sangwoo and Gongyoo tried to get Seo Joohyun from Yonghwa’s grasp but the latter shook his head, he was politely declining them. Yonghwa followed them to her room, placing her in bed carefully, avoiding her injured hands. He asked for cream and bandage, ignoring the people around them. He didn’t leave her, even when they told her that she needs to rest.

“No” the moment their hands touched, Seo Joohyun felt another pain inside her.

“Does it hurt?” Yonghwa asked worriedly, he lightly touched her hand, but she pulled it back.

“No” she whispered. Her eyes were unfocused.

“Joohyun” he tapped her cheek slightly, trying to get a response from her “Hey, what’s wrong”

She clasps her injured hands, not minding the burnt wound. “Why!” she sobbed, clasping it tightly. Making it bleed. “Why!” she was holding her injured hand tightly, making it bleed even more.

“Joohyun! What are you doing??” Yonghwa tried to unclasp her hands but failed to do it. It was the first time they saw her act like this. It is far from the calm Seo Joohyun they know.

“No! Please! Why??” her voice is hoarse from too much shouting, she was getting paler every passing second

“Please stop, you’re hurting yourself more. Please Calm down, please.” Yonghwa pleaded, feeling helpless. “Leave us” Yonghwa ordered, not taking his eyes off her.

The moment they all exited the room, Yonghwa grabbed her and hugged her tightly, caressing her back, calming her.

“Joohyun” he whispered, rocking her back and forth. “What’s wrong? Tell me please.” He kisses her forehead, hoping to ease her pain

“Please leave me for a while. Please” she was sobbing hard, still clutching her injured hand

“No. The last time I left, you disappeared. You were gone for so long, no more of this. Please” Please. It was then that he realized that he’s been pleading her for a lot of times now, something Azure would never do.

“I need to be alone, let go. Now” she coldly said

“I said no”

“GO!” she shouted, she started trashing again, throwing the pillows everywhere. “Please leave!” she started crying again, unknowingly breaking Yonghwa’s heart.

“Joohyun please, tell me what’s wrong. I’ll do anything. I promise”

“Yonghwa, please” she pleaded, “I need to breathe”

“You need to breathe? Fine. I’ll stay outside your room, call me when you need something” when she didn’t answer, Yonghwa went closer, crouching in front of her “I’ll wait outside your room, I mean it Joohyun. Call me if you need me, call me if you need something or at least if you will ever need me, or want someone to talk to” he hesitated “What I want to really say is, c-can you please call me when you’re ready to talk again?”

She nodded, even if her heart is breaking. She was still clutching her bleeding hands, placing it in front of her chest. Why? She made sure she didn’t break any rules, then why did this happened

“I’m here.” Was what Yonghwa’s last word is, she felt him kiss her forehead before slowly retreating, closing the door slowly, as if waiting for her to change her mind. She heard him sigh deeply “Can I at least leave the door open? Even just half of it. I-I just need to know that you’re here and safe”

Joohyun didn’t answered, thus, she turned her back on him, facing the wall. Her eyes slowly closing, while uttering a prayer that she haven’t used until now.

Bring me back to Promise Land. Send my spirit up above. Grant my wish and pleads to be brave. All I need is a few minutes before I dig my own grave.

Her vision turns black, her body is weakening. She can feel that even the heaven is calling her, Sky, the strong wind delivered, one call and she knew they needed them. She needs to go... hopefully it’s only for a while.

                                    ===========================

Yonghwa just finished cooking chicken soup. The last time they had it, she seems to take a liking of it. He added the last ingredient before waiting for it to boil for the last time before turning off the stove when Jungshin entered the kitchen.

 “Hyung??” he looked up from what he’s doing, seeing Jungshin gaping at him

“Are you seriously cooking?!”

“No you idiot. I’m making a poison” he scoffed, throwing the potholder on Jungshin’s face

“Aish! I’m hungry! Good thing you’re making it” he clapped in glee as he settled at the chair.

“And who says I’m cooking this for all of you?”

“Noona won’t be able to finish all of that!”

“I’ll make her”

“She’ll just puke all of it out!”

“Gwenchana. As long as she takes all of it”

“Hyung!!”

“Shut up” he turned off the stove and poured all the soup in a big bowl, putting it in a tray together with garlic bread and jasmine tea.

“You’re ing whipped” Jonghyun entered the kitchen as if it’s their own

“Where’s Min?”

“At the living room, sleeping. I can’t believe Mea Culpa welcomed us as if we’re not an enemy”

“We aren’t” Yonghwa nonchalantly said “At least not anymore.”

“But what about Cerulean Dragon Head?” Jungshin said worriedly

“I’ll take all the blame. Besides, we’re the one who stole it. Isn’t it right to give it back?”

“Hyung, you fully well know that it’s the first time that we would return something we stole right?”

“Ahra” he breathed deeply

“You know you’re whipped right?” Jonghyun asked further

“Ah-niyo” Yonghwa glared back at Jonghyun “I’m not whipped”

“Then explain why did you cook for her?”

“It’s because she’s sick” he rolled his eyes, picking the tray.

“Tell Noona to leave some for me!” Jungshin laughed out loud as he watched his hyung walking towards Joohyun’s room. That lad is unaware of the smile playing on his lips, looking at his cooked soup while whistling, walking as if there’s spring on his feet. Hyung is whipped. Jungshin chuckled as he looks at the pot where Yonghwa cooked the soup, hoping there’s a miracle and he leaves some for them.

“Aish! Hyung!” He glared at Joohyun’s closed door, as if his deadly glare will reach the man inside “I’m hungry” he sighed, same time his stomach grumbled “AISH!!!”

 

                        =========================================

“Joohyun” he nudged her lightly “Hey wake up and eat some soup to warm your stomach” he sat beside her, placing the tray at the bedside table. He was tapping her cheeks but she’s in a deep sleep. “Tss. Stubborn woman” he shook his head and decided to rest beside her for a while, facing her, staring at her sleeping face. He raised his hand, holding her right che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter