Chapter 5: Mixed emotions

Blurred Lights

Those almond shaped eyes, those thin lips and that blond hair, Jessica. She’s here seated in front of me. I was left with my mouth agape and my overall train of thoughts turned into a wreck.

Should I stay cool? Should I apologize or should I act as if I don’t recall who she is?

            “Sorry for the trouble I caused you earlier, Stranger.” She initiated which caught me off guard twice as much as I she did earlier.

            “It’s cool, no harm done.” I answered back trying to act as cool as I can be but I can clearly feel the butterflies in my stomach.

            She gave me a very heartwarming smile that eventually killed the butterflies in me, it’s amazing how she takes control of the surrounding from cold to unrecognizable to warm.

            “I’m Tiffany.” I mumbled, I’m such a mess yet she just chuckled in a very feminine way that it made me feel like an uncultured swine sitting next to a Princess.

            “I already know that, but for formalities, I’m Jessica.” And there she goes with that smile again.

            “What are you-I mean-I… Uhm… Do you live nearby?” No she doesn’t you idiot. You already know she lives far from here.

            “Actually, Yes, and this mall is actually where I usually go when I’m bored.”

            “But the place you asked me to take you to last night…”

            “Oh that, I live there before like three years ago.”

Odd, she lived there three years ago?

            “I actually live three floors away from your place.”

            “Really? Cool.”

I wanted to stay and chat but I need to get back to work in a few minutes. I didn’t want to be rude but damn, I can’t just leave my job.

            “Hey uhm… Jessica.” The way her names rolls off my tongue was so natural “I have to go, I hope you don’t mind.”

            “You going home already?”

            “Uhm, no, I kinda work there.” I said as I pointed up the bright building above.

            “Oh, I see…” she just nodded and smiled.

I picked my phone up from the table, wanting to ask for her number so bad yet I don’t know why I should before I picked my unfinished beverage. She was too busy with her phone for me to even give out my second goodbye.

I felt so conscious of how I walk, I wanted to look back and see if she’s looking at me and I had to get in a very deep debate with myself just to make sure I don’t do as I please.

My mind whirled with random thoughts and unknown, unwated and unexplained feelings. Why am I feeling so giddy that she smiled at me? Why do I feel so curious about her? Why the hell do I even want to ask for her number!

I tapped my ID to access our turn-style to get into the building, time felt so slow as my mind process everything, I can feel my face heat up and I can’t even recall a moment I ever felt so shy and embarrassed at the same time.

I waited for the elevator door to open, not really minding if it’d take ages before I get to the topmost floor where my office is. Damn this job of mine, if it wasn’t for this I wouldn’t have felt anything like this.

I reached my floor and I was just on time. I furiously picked my headphones on before opening my PC.

            “Tiff you’re redder than Santa Clause, what’s with you?” Taeyeon asked feeling a bit surprised that I popped out of nowhere.

            “I ran into someone.”

            “Jessica?”

            “What the hell Kim Taeyeon!” I yelled a little bit louder than I should.

            “What the Dude?” She reverted with her hands in the air.

I stared at my screen for a good minute, I still have a hangover. Everything keeps on repeating inside my head and I can’t let that happen, I need a hundred percent focus on my goddamn job.

Have you ever felt that feeling that you wanna see someone again but you’re praying to God to never ever cross path with them as well ‘cause you know how much of a mess you are?

I hope you’d never feel it ever in your life, trust me.

..

Author’s note:

Girlfriend requested for a longer chapter since she claims the ones chapters I made earlier where shorter. How’s this Babe? Haha.

Anyway… Hope you guys had fun reading this chapter, I’ll check and see if I could add more “color” on the next chapter. *Smirk*

 

Comment. Vote. Subscribe.