Chapter 3: Her name was Jessica

Blurred Lights

It was only 8:34 in the morning when I woke up, too early for my own liking yet I’m already too awake to fall back asleep. Having to think about what happened at work reminded me of my uninvited guest who happen to be asleep, up until now. I walked towards the edge of my bed to take a peek behind my heavy curtain, the coolness of the AC filling up my room and the sweet morning warmth greeted me through the small fold I made.

            ‘How Lovely’ I thought as I gaze through the lovely city morning view. From my place with my parents you would never get a view like this, I took a few more moments to appreciate the tall skyscrapers and even the small buildings, the different colored cars from below and some folks walking to their offices. They look like small ants from my point of view.

            “Where the am I?” I heard a groan from behind me and I took a look to see my dear visitor all up and about.

Now standing up in front of her made me think of how stupid it was for me to wear an oversized shirt and a pair of boxers, but what the hell anyway she’s a girl “Hi! Good morning!”

            “Hi” I said to get her attention since she was still busy probably trying to remember where she is and how on earth she got here.

Upon hearing the word she immediately turner her heard to me as if she just got caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to do but what happened next surprised me more than what surprised her.

She looked at me as if I were a ghost, half open and the color of her were drained. She closed her eyes and a lone drop of tear ran down her check, like seriously, what the is happening?

“Thanks for visiting me Love. I missed you.” Her silent whisper sounded so real yet I think she’s still drunk so I had to quickly break the scene to get her up and running.

“Uhm, Hi! My name is Tiffany, you’re in my apartment, I hope your sober now.” I blurted out, a great way to actually make friends right?

Her very touching moment was shortly cut off “I’m sorry?”

“Yeah Hi! You were drunk last night and you asked me to get you a car for you to get home. But no cars on grab was available so I had (No choice but) to bring you here.”

Now she’s just staring at me like I’m making no sense at all.

            “Y-You’re real?”

            “Yeah, pretty much.”

And again she gave me that face that says ‘You make no sense at all’

            “Look, lady-”

            “Jessica” she introduced herself “My name is Jessica” her blond hair, almond shaped eyes and thin lips, her name suits her by all means.

            “Pretty name” I murmured “I mean, Jessica, with all due respect, I’m not trying to be rude but I’m on a night shift and loosing daylight also means loosing sleep and loosing sleep means loosing myself at work and loosing myself at work means loosing my job therefore loosing my-”

            “Thanks for being very detailed, I get it. I’ll be leaving.”

That very emotional girl suddenly left and was replaced by a very cold snow storm in a form of a girl. She stood up and she looked at me with a very stern face “Thanks for the care.”

I should keep this girl here, she’d help with the bill since I’m sure it’ll be sky rocketing for the 15 hours of AC. She’s colder than whatever is cold in this world, the drunk girl I met last night, the crying, sentimental person I just saw earlier could never be the same person that just walked out of my apartment door.

            “Jessica..” I said into the thin air “.. I’ve always liked that name.”

William Shakespeare invented that name for his play Merchant of Venice, she acts nowhere near the Jessica in the story yet I can say her beauty defines her name. I find many girls pretty than my co-workers sometimes tease me as if I were one of the boys yet they can’t say I’m not straight since I never really made a move on any girl and I claim to say that I just envy them for their beauty.

I guess I now have someone to top that list, and she would probably be Jessica,

..

Author’s note:

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delay of chapter three. Last week I had to do some parenting duty and yesterday was Sleep and Laundry day.

I’ll try to update again tomorrow, I promise to update during the weekend.

Ciao!

 

Comment. Vote and Subsrcibe ._.