Chapter 6: Oh, My Heart Hurts

Blurred Lights

It was not a good idea to listen to Lany’s seemingly obsessive song as I walk home, I put the same pipe I was using the night I met her as I try to take as much smoke I could to keep myself calm. I have to be honest, I’m hoping I’d be able to come across her again tonight.

“And you need to know that you keep me up all night, all night”

I puff the smoke out and out went some of my anxiety, what’s with her that drives me off the edge, what’s with her that makes me crave for her presence, what’s with her that makes me wanna see her smile. Just like what the song says, I never felt anything like this before.

“Mad cool in all my clothes, Mad warm when you get close to me”

My heart started beating fast, that same hand woven coat, that white silk shirt, those light blue denim pants and those sun glasses. She’s there.

“And you need to know that I'm hella obsessed with your face, your face”

I guess I am kinda obsessed with her face, who wouldn’t. She looks so simple yet there she looks stunning. She looked at my direction, it seems I had stopped on my tracks to take the fact in that there she is, standing there at the same spot where I saw her yesterday. Since she was wearing her glasses I can’t tell if she saw me or if she was looking at someone behind me. Not wanting to embarrass myself, I the pipe a bit more as I continue to walk. My heart was about to jump off my chest as I get closer to her, wishing she’d notice me though a part of me is already claiming that I should keep my hopes down.

“Oh, my heart hurts Oh, my heart hurts Oh, my heart hurts so bad”

And so a tinge in my heart came as so the song lyrics came, as I pass her along with the smoke that escaped my lips so did my hope. What was I even thinking?

Like earlier, I walked away, I didn’t look back but this time, all I wanted to happen was get out of there and make sure I get out the fastest way I could. I feel like crying as I walk away from where she was and I don’t even ing know why.

 ‘Who the do you think you are, Tiffany?’ I mentally scolded myself as I blink my eyes as fast as I could to make sure not a drop or whatever would escape my eyes. A pang of pain started spreading across my chest, I feel embarrassed and I don’t even know why.

‘She could’ve at least said hi!’ I tried to counter and defend my own thought yet I know I got my hopes a bit too high.

With a sad heart I got to my place, I threw myself down to my bed not minding to change.

“There would be better days” I whispered.

I closed my eyes, wishing I could escape this reality by falling asleep but even before I could set my mind to sleep my phone beeped signaling me there was a new message.

From: Unknown Number

“Have a good rest, Stranger. -J”

How the am I supposed to sleep now?

..

Author’s note:

Hey guys, I just read your comments.. I’m glad you guys are having a good time reading this.

Anyway here’s an update, I’ll try and update tomorrow since I wasn’t able to update yesterday.

 

Anyway just wanna friggin’ spazz about this movie from our country titled “Baka bukas” (Maybe tomorrow) yes, I know I’m a bit late since it was screened last March but daaaaaaamn... The lead is now one of my girl crushes. Huhuhuhuhu, My little gay heart. T_T

 

Comment.Vote.Subscribe