Chapter 2: The Drunk stranger

Blurred Lights

I place small pipe between my lips, took up some flavoured puffs through the same pipe before exhaling a good amount of smoke, it filled the air around me yet I like the scent of coffee covering me up with it as the same taste evade my other senses.

Smoking, or rather vaping on the way to my place since there’s just a very small distance to cover by foot and since I know that the smell of smoke and coffee wouldn’t really be noticed by anyone when I get home, I repeat the same addicting process over and over until I am almost at the closing club around here. Some folks are about to leave, just a few drunk ones sitting on the pavement, the good thing about this bar though is this is many high class people come here so you don’t have to keep your guards up and think they’d throw a bottle at you or something.

“Hey!” said this girl sitting on the pavement, apparently drunk “My phone is drained can you get me a car to get home?”

I was taken aback, seriously? Just gonna get bossed around by a drunk person? I simply turned around and walked away.

            “Hey!” To my surprise she ran after me, like why me? “Please, I just want to get home.” She said, apparently not drunk well, tipsy maybe but still on her senses.

            “What’s your address?” she grabbed my phone and typing in her address, she gave it to me and slumped back to the floor.

‘Sheesh! Getting yourself into a situation and you start bothering people for help, she could at least be kind of thankful’ I thought as I start booking her a ride. I waited for a few minutes but since this day had been awful the moment she said ‘Hey’ I got this message to make things a lot worst.

(Let's pretend that the location here is correct. Hehe.)

 

“Uhm, Miss, there are no taxi around. Maybe I could get your relatives numbers instead?” How nice of me to actually give her a hand, I got it from my work itself.

To my dismay, she fell asleep on the pavement and the place is already empty. I may have a y attitude but I still have a heart, I have a car and I could just drive her to her place or maybe let her stay the night in my place ‘coz for sure she wouldn’t pay for my gas.

I picked her up and placed her right arm over my shoulders and my left hand on her waist to keep her up. She’s not that heavy and she cooperates as we walk our way to my place.

“I am so gonna bring my car to work tomorrow!” I scowled at myself, I could’ve save my from this situation if I could’ve just shouldered the parking fee at work.

..

When we got to my apartment I assisted to her to the bed and removed her shoes for her tucked her into bed before slipping to something more comfortable. I went to the kitchen to make some hot chocolate before going to bed.

I went to check upon her, she’s pretty I must say. I hope her attitude yesterday was just an alcoholic side effect, I hope she’s not as rude as how I met her.

“Good night stranger” I said before taking some pillows and going to the couch to have my own rest.

..

Author’s note:

Hey guys! So some of you may know that I am from the Philippines but the club I mentioned here is actually a real place here and I actually got the idea of the setting from my own workplace. If you know the place, I work in Uptown Mall Tower one and for those who doesn’t know the place here’s a pic.:

So you guys could grasp the city-ish life of one of the characters. Will be continuing tomorrow

Comment. Vote. Subscribe. ._.