Chapter 1: Moving out

Blurred Lights

I started my day the same way I usually start it, despite the fact that my room is half empty, half filled with sealed boxes containing my stuff. I got up and left the bed the way as it is; messy, before getting my headband from the bedside. Today would be the last day I would be sleeping here in my room, by tonight I’ll be on my own in my new place.

It kinda did get my parents especially my Mother such negative impression yet after some convincing and some realization that I already paid for that place made them realize I’m actually old enough to be independent and/or too old for them to keep.

 

            “Good morning, Dear” and speaking of which, my Mother peeped from a slight opening of the door before actually letting her whole self into my room.

            “Good morning, Mom” I responded as I walk to her to give her a tight hug. She reciprocated my hug yet this time I felt she more time having me there in here arms. I felt moved yet I also feel babied “Mom” I laughed “I’m not a kid anymore, I’m 25 already!” she laughed it off yet I can clearly see the tears forming on her waterline.

I cradled her cheek as I give her the warmest smile I could muster “Birds have to leave their nest too, Mom” the woman in her apron that says ‘Dad’s Master Chef’ heaved a sigh before countering “Dear, you are not a bird!” she goes directly to my bed to fix it “Look at this! You can’t even fix your own bed!”

“Mom you know you can’t follow me around forever and fix my mess, I need to learn how to be on my own as well”

“But-”

“Give it a rest, Rose. Let your daughter have her own way.” Dad buts in with his own sweaty and dirty shirt. He must’ve just finished with his car, still on time to save me from another round of a game I like to call ‘Buts-and-Buts’.

“John! Can-I mean-Today…” she groaned “Can we at least drive her off?”

“For cryin’ out loud Rose, she has her own car and the place isn’t far she’ll be fine!” He barked not mad though just his normal tone “Let’s have breakfast, and you young lady” Dad looked at me “Get yourself out of here before your Mom bolts the doors shut” he joked before earning himself a sneer from my Mom.

After the playful banter they left my room and I got myself ready then box by box I loaded my stuff to my car before zooming off. I love my parents more than anything but it gets stuffy knowing that you should be on your own like people your age yet you still come home to Mama and Papa. I just feel like for once I wanna be free, free from my Mom’s rules and my Dad’s authority, nothing more, nothing less.

..

It was almost afternoon when I finally finished unpacking, I stood near my bead and admired the view from there. Every cent that I saved up, every concert tickets I ignored, every sale I neglected, the trendy gadgets I skipped and the involuntary diet I did for this. I feel so fulfilled, who would have thought I could be in this situation right now.

Tomorrow it’ll be another day for work, I can sleep all morning since I work at night for now I just want to take advantage of the solidarity of this place as I close my eyes and enjoy the piece of independence I now have.

..

Author’s note:

Hi everyone! Missed me? Still haven’t really decided which character is which but the tags suggests that this is a Jeti Story.

YES… I still have pending works... I’m still trying to finish them up.

YES… I have been gone for quite some time, I forgot my password to be honest. Just a good thing I have a recovery email.

I promise to update this at least three times a week, don’t worry though, I have already planned this story out so it’ll have a clean go like my first other fics.

 

Guess the story line. I’d love to hear your ideas!

Comment. Vote. Subscribe. ._.